• Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Any MAC OS X User out there?

martyjoe

I'm using the following:

OS X2.1

MySQL 3.23.55-entropy.ch

PHP 4.3 (note: no php.ini file w/ download)

trying to get is so it sends mail and work as is (osc mock products). having problems w/ mail right now. own my own server and running via router to dsl line.

marty hafner

I'd suggest as a start OS X 10.2.5... the latest version.

PHP comes with 10.2.5, but is not enabled by default, and it's at version 4.1.2 which should work with OSC. Instructions for enabling the default PHP installed with OS X: MacDevcenter

MySQL straight from the source: Download the Mac OS X installer package from www.mysql.com/downloads/mysql-4.0.html then use the instructions to get it up and running at www.entropy.ch/software/macosx/mysql/

The most frustrating part of developing on a local Mac OS X machine is getting your local development environment set up so your Mac will act as a mail server and to send mail outside of the local machine (and the problem which you originally wrote about).

I've got to do some more digging to find the answer, which I'll hopefully locate shortly, but in the interim, any suggestions from the other folks here?

Ryan Thrash

And for troubleshooting diagnosis' sake, use the MS 1 release. There should be an upgrade patch or something like that, I believe, when MS2 is released.

Ryan Thrash

as Ryan noted, use the files and instructions at www.entropy.ch/software/macosx/ - you can upgrade php and mysql all you need to do is following the instructions and use Terminal - once you have it going, life is wonderful and you can do all your testing locally, and even host locally if you want.. :wink:

as Ryan noted, use the files and instructions at www.entropy.ch/software/macosx/ - you can upgrade php and mysql all you need to do is following the instructions and use Terminal - once you have it going, life is wonderful and you can do all your testing locally, and even host locally if you want.. :wink:

I recall having a rough time getting the mail sending working for a non-static IP development machine that isn't a "true" server (my Powerbook)... and of course don't remember the exact procedure to get it working I went through (hence my post above).

Do you remember the secret recipe off the top of your head?

Ryan Thrash

oh boy, thats a good question...

i am running off of one of my powerbooks also, but i use it simply to act as a test site and my emails are pointed thru my regular domain

you could always install a mail server to run from your machine locally, but off the top of my head I do not recall the process :?

Archived