• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

New to osCommerce

oolio

I recently purchased oolio.com and am reselling hosting, from alien-host.com... They use a program called modernbill .. (modernbill.com) however i cant afford that. My friend at school set me up with osCommerce, and so far, im happy. However.... I would like to set it up so that it is like modernbill, in the sense that it goes step by step throught registering. As i have never used osCommerce, i dont know how to config it very well. Any help would be awesome! Thanks Again

My friend instaled the script, so i didnt go thru the installation, but in the admin interface.. i dont kow where to start

:( sry for being such a noob

I use www.acunett.com and they suggest using www.2checkout.com for a credit card processor. I did, and so far its been pretty easy to configure. What specific problems are you having?

Rob

OsCommerce Newbie

i dont need a credit card prcoessor, ... maybei asked the wrong quetsion...

I want a button that says order, so that it goes thru the following steps

1. What domain do you want registered ( Check availabilty)

2. What hosting package do you want?

3. Who are you

4. Verify

5. Email me for now, altho id rather have it intergrated with WHM (Web Host Manager).

Thanks again guys!

You could create a product for each of your hosting packages, but you will need to create the search for a domain name part yourself since it is not something a normal store would have. You could put it into default.php or it might be better to have it in product_info.php so that it will show up after the description of each of your hosting packages.

In olden times the men were made of iron and the ships were made of wood; now it's the other way around. :wink:

I think so, but you would have to figure out where to put them in osCommerce and how to get the results into the osCommerce database. I don't know if there are contributions to help do this but there might be.

In olden times the men were made of iron and the ships were made of wood; now it's the other way around. :wink:

I hear there are good instructions at wiki.oscommerce.com. You could post in Seeking Commercial Help and I'm sure someone would like to help.

Archived