• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Credit Class/Gift voucher/Discount Coupon v5

Ian

A quick question hopefully someone can take 30 seconds to answer....

I have a older version of this contrib, and when I issue a gift voucher for free shipping it allows them to select any shipping method, ground, express, next day etc,. Would someone mind checking their install, is this fixed in the newer version so only ground shipping is free, or is it still a bug?

Most Valuable OsCommerce Contributions:

Also Purchased (AP) Preselection (cuts this resource hogging query down to nothing) -- Contribution 3294

FedEx Automated Labels -- Contribution 2244

RMA Returns system -- Contribution 1136

Sort Products By Dropdown -- Contribution 4312

Ultimate SEO URLs -- Contribution 2823

Credit Class & Gift Voucher -- Contribution 282

Cross-Sell -- Contribution 5347

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please anyone?

Most Valuable OsCommerce Contributions:

Also Purchased (AP) Preselection (cuts this resource hogging query down to nothing) -- Contribution 3294

FedEx Automated Labels -- Contribution 2244

RMA Returns system -- Contribution 1136

Sort Products By Dropdown -- Contribution 4312

Ultimate SEO URLs -- Contribution 2823

Credit Class & Gift Voucher -- Contribution 282

Cross-Sell -- Contribution 5347

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there!

Okay, I'm using this contrib., and I'm using version 2, I guess? That's the folder I still have on my computer. It was the only one, at the time of installation, that would actually work and not kill my site once it was installed (on a clean install, mind you).

Anyhow, the only problem I'm having right now is that I was testing the discount coupon, and I made a coupon that was expired (to test how the cart would react), and it ended up putting the coupon towards the total, even though the coupon was expired!

The funny part is that it tells you it's expired, and then uses the coupon anyways.

:-"

So does anyone have any insight? Obviously, the coupon needs to be checked *before* it's subtracted from the total, but I'm not sure what page I would edit to add that.

Hi there!

Okay, I'm using this contrib., and I'm using version 2, I guess? That's the folder I still have on my computer. It was the only one, at the time of installation, that would actually work and not kill my site once it was installed (on a clean install, mind you).

Anyhow, the only problem I'm having right now is that I was testing the discount coupon, and I made a coupon that was expired (to test how the cart would react), and it ended up putting the coupon towards the total, even though the coupon was expired!

The funny part is that it tells you it's expired, and then uses the coupon anyways.

:-"

So does anyone have any insight? Obviously, the coupon needs to be checked *before* it's subtracted from the total, but I'm not sure what page I would edit to add that.

For some reason, it's not letting me edit my post.

Anyhow, the version I have is NOT 2.0, I don't know what version it is. ):

For some reason, it's not letting me edit my post.

Anyhow, the version I have is NOT 2.0, I don't know what version it is. ):

Oh, I think I've figured it out. :-" In ot_coupon.php, there's a bit of code about one third of the way down that looks like this:

/* you will need to uncomment this if your tax order total module is AFTER shipping eg you have all of your tax, including tax from shipping module, in your tax total.
			if ($coupon_result['coupon_type']=='S')  {
					//if not zero rated add vat to shipping
					$coupon_amount = tep_add_tax($coupon_amount, '17.5');
			}

*/

I uncommented that section, and now it works. ^^

I had set it up so that the coupon is figured after the shipping, but before the total, which means that it comes after the tax, as described in the comment above. I believe in default it's set to be before the subtotal? Or right after the subtotal, which doesn't apply it to shipping, etc. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

I just installed CCGV 5.19, everything seemed to work fine after some debugging but in the checkout process the whole application stops and returns me this error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /web/htdocs/www.varesestore.it/home/bay/ecom/checkout_confirmation.php on line 395

I checked the file, but the replacement I made are exactly the ones given in the readme file, plus at line 395, I just have the application_bottom require thing.

I looked online and on the contrib page for a fix but I haven't found it.

Can anybody help?

thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

hi there.

Just had tyhe same problem and solved it!

at about line 190 of checkout_payment.php there are some php tags that are not properly started.

change <?

to <?php

there are 2 instances of this around that line

• 1 month later...

Any chance that this contrib works with Google Checkout IPN ?? i know im probably dreaming.

Also the amount of posts where everyone is giving there own nasty bug just makes me wanna

run far away from this contrib. Would love to hear more about people who have it working fine,

and which version they installed.

I particularly just wanna have a discount coupon that gives people 50% off shipping then

actually passes this through to google checkout... am i expecting too much ?? :-(

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I am considering using this module but after reading through the contribution and some of this forum, I still can’t work out if you can set up a global promotional code that anyone who uses it, gets a discount on their order. Can somebody please advise.

Many thanks,

Ian

• 6 months later...

I had a problem that always made customers choose a payment method, whether or not the credit amount was enough to pay for the entire order. I have seen this problem pop up often in the past 2-3 years. Here is my fix, maybe someone that really knows what I did can explain why it works. The problem was the variable $credit_covers was not getting set to true, but by changing the variable name to $credit_covers_order it works. I think it has something to do with the session registers?!?!? Maybe register globals?!?!? Reguardless if you have this problem try this.

lildog ccgv fix 3/2008

in:

catalog/checkout_confirmation.php

catalog/checkout_process.php

catalog/admin/includes/classes/order_total.php

catalog/includes/classes/order_total.php

catalog/includes/classes/payment.php

changed ALL $credit_covers to $credit_covers_order

DO NOT CHANGE any --

if(tep_session_is_registered('credit_covers')) tep_session_unregister('credit_covers');

• 1 month later...
Hi, I am considering using this module but after reading through the contribution and some of this forum, I still can’t work out if you can set up a global promotional code that anyone who uses it, gets a discount on their order. Can somebody please advise.

Many thanks,

Ian

Hi

yes

installit and see?

• 4 weeks later...

Hey, I am wondering if the Gift Voucher part if this contrib would work for advanced purchase tickets. I'm interested in a contrib that would create a coupon/voucher code and place this code into a standard template. This voucher would cost $5.00, for example, but have NO value in the online store. This voucher would be printed off and used in person when attending a particular event. The mysql table could then be printed to cross match the use of the vouchers, this will (hopefully) prevent the use of photo copied vouchers. Any Ideas or references to other contrib's would be appreciated.

Hi. Having trouble with 5.18 with the amount being sent to the merchant.

ok, here's the problem as I see it. The files that come with this contrib don't include any modifications for catalog/includes/classes/order.php, and when the payment module is called (Authorize.net in this case), it's $order->info['total'] that is being used to pass the amount. Since the class was never modified, the order total calculation in it (as opposed to class order_total) does not incorporate the gift voucher amount, and the amount passed to the merchant is wrong.

When the order class is instantiated, and the order total calculated, where would it be able to retrieve the gift voucher info from (db I presume), and should it have to?? I assume this contrib has been working, but how it works in light of this really has me baffled.

Hi. Having trouble with 5.18 with the amount being sent to the merchant.

ok, here's the problem as I see it. The files that come with this contrib don't include any modifications for catalog/includes/classes/order.php, and when the payment module is called (Authorize.net in this case), it's $order->info['total'] that is being used to pass the amount. Since the class was never modified, the order total calculation in it (as opposed to class order_total) does not incorporate the gift voucher amount, and the amount passed to the merchant is wrong.

When the order class is instantiated, and the order total calculated, where would it be able to retrieve the gift voucher info from (db I presume), and should it have to?? I assume this contrib has been working, but how it works in light of this really has me baffled.

Edited by baalwww

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I have just installed this on my test store with only Protx form (contrib 441) and Order editor (contrib 1435) installed.

When going through checkout i get the following error.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in C:\wamp\www\catalog\checkout_payment.php on line 577

Does anyone know how i can get round this please.

• 1 month later...

Hello All,

I am glad to see at least a little support for this contribution, since it seems that the original creator hasn't logged in since 2003. I am having the same problem that is listed in posts 228, 375, 394, and 399, none of which seem to have a reply. That is that the admin modules do not display so I am not able to install or configure the contribution.

errorsam.JPG

I was hoping that the fix posted by lildog might help but there is no catalog/admin/includes/classes/order_total.php so I wonder what was meant by that page? I am working with osc MS2.2 RC2a with a lot of contributions including Paypal IPN the official release, and php5 on the server, and CCGV5.20_1. Does anyone with that configuration have this working. Or is there a more current thread to get support? I have read through this one twice.

Thanks a lot.

I had a problem that always made customers choose a payment method, whether or not the credit amount was enough to pay for the entire order. I have seen this problem pop up often in the past 2-3 years. Here is my fix, maybe someone that really knows what I did can explain why it works. The problem was the variable $credit_covers was not getting set to true, but by changing the variable name to $credit_covers_order it works. I think it has something to do with the session registers?!?!? Maybe register globals?!?!? Reguardless if you have this problem try this.

lildog ccgv fix 3/2008

in:

catalog/checkout_confirmation.php

catalog/checkout_process.php

catalog/admin/includes/classes/order_total.php

catalog/includes/classes/order_total.php

catalog/includes/classes/payment.php

changed ALL $credit_covers to $credit_covers_order

DO NOT CHANGE any --

if(tep_session_is_registered('credit_covers')) tep_session_unregister('credit_covers');

Edited by christiansees

On your last day only you will have to approve or disaprove of how your life has been.

Hello Again,

Another error that I am getting is on the page catalog/admin/gv_mail.php is

Warning: mysql_insert_id(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/database.php on line 117

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/database.php:117) in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 22

Is there another version or contribution with the same functionality that works that I should be using?

Thanks a lot for your time

Christian

On your last day only you will have to approve or disaprove of how your life has been.

• 1 month later...
Hello Again,

Another error that I am getting is on the page catalog/admin/gv_mail.php is

Is there another version or contribution with the same functionality that works that I should be using?

Thanks a lot for your time

Christian

Ok the fix is on line 64 you'll see

$insert_id = tep_db_insert_id($insert_query);

change that to:

$insert_id = tep_db_insert_id();

and you're good to go

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

hello (excuse my english)

excuse me, I have a often discussed problem. but most articles are to old or useless.

1. when i pay with paypal-ipn, the discount-coupon isn't substrahed from users ccgv-money.

ex: shippingcart: 3$, payed with ccgv-code (2$) an paypal (1$). after checkout_success.php user has still 2$ in his ccgv-account. why it is correcly subtrahed by paypal, but not by checkout? in the install is written, that i have to modify the payment-site. (paypal_ipn, i think) with witch code i have to modify it?

2. when a user pays all with the coupon, i would like to show him in my download-store the download-link direkly in the checkout_success.php (like payed in paypal). but it not work. i think i should deffine the order-status. like "when order sum = 0, then order status = payed. how do i do that? or is there a other possibility?

i think, this are must-be-funktions and are used in many shops. how do you have done it? pleas help me! thank you verry much.

jutee

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys.

I have a bug, I don't have seen the last time: when I try to redeem a coupon code containing a pourcentage rebate (for ex 10%), after entering the redeem code, I get the classical error message telling me that I have to read the coupons instructions on the checkout_payment.php page. When I try a second time, the code is redeemed with the correct message applied telling me that the reduction is active !

And it's works all the time will all the code. I mean I have always to do twice the action to get it redeemed !

Do you know this bug? I can't find it in the forum, and over the 109 pages...

Another bug is that none of the coupon used are listed in the coupon_admin.php page. It's always listed at 0.

What should I check?

Please help,

Marc

osCommerce 2.2 MS2 in 6 languages

TVA Intracomm

Numbers of visitors online

Who's online Enhancement