• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Credit Class/Gift voucher/Discount Coupon v5

Ian

I am getting the following error on my shopping cart box when I sign in as an account user...

Shopping Cart (box heading)

1146 - Table 'scart.TABLE_COUPON_GV_CUSTOMER' doesn't exist

select amount from TABLE_COUPON_GV_CUSTOMER where customer_id = '2'

[TEP STOP]

I have installed all the tables using PHPMyAdmin and the sql files inclded, so I'm not sre why it is saying that the table doesn't exist. I know that it is there. I have removed and reinstalled it several times just to be sure.

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong? I am DESPERATE! LOL... please help.

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, if nobody can help me with my above question, is it possible to let me know a different feature I can use to allow a percentage discount code for customers? I don't really need the gift voucher option.

Help, Help, Help???

I know NOTHING!

you haven't put your define files within their corresponding files it appears

your table name it says it stopped on is the define name not the table name

(my knowledge is so small you would think that an ant was a genius in comparison)

I have a problem with email send from gift v admin

Customer receives mail like this

To redeem this Gift Voucher, please click on the link below. Please also

write down the redemption codewhich isa30919 in case you have any problems

problem = codewhich isa30919

in which file can i edit this message to add spaces ?

in admin/gv_mail.php -- line 45 - 46

$message .= TEXT_TO_REDEEM;

$message .= TEXT_WHICH_IS . $id1 . TEXT_IN_CASE . "nn";

change to

$message .= TEXT_TO_REDEEM . " ";

$message .= TEXT_WHICH_IS . " " . $id1 . TEXT_IN_CASE . "nn";

Hope this helps, and I'm not doubling up on anyone.

:D Hi I recently installed the contribution version 5.05 and am having three problems. Since the site was active before the install i need to get it fixed as soon as possible. For Each problem solved i will give a $10 gift certificate(once I can send it out). The Site is www.carefreepc.com/uneedasales/index.php

Thanks for your help

1.)when I go to create an account I get

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/carefree/public_html/uneedasales/create_account.php on line 327

2.)when I logoff from an established account I get:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_session_start() (previously declared in /home/carefree/public_html/uneedasales/includes/functions/sessions.php:67) in /home/carefree/public_html/uneedasales/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 66

3.) Admin does not update orders, only manually when i launch an sql provided in another post.

Thanks so much for your help.

EDITED: Please read the Forum FAQs and do not crosspost. One msg is sufficient. All duplicates have been removed. Thanks, Linda

"duh"

If there a contrib out there that just has the code for discount coupons - without all the code for Gift Vouchers?

I have no need for Gift Vouchers, and I don't even want them to be seen or have them be able to be activated or anything like that.

Help?

Hi,

I am getting the following error when user clicks on "My Account" and in left side it shows..

"1146 - Table 'store.coupon_gv_customer' doesn't exist

select amount from coupon_gv_customer where customer_id = '2'

[TEP STOP]"

Please help me bring my site live.

Thank you!

Regards,

DJDN

Hi,

I am getting the following error when user clicks on "My Account" and in left side it shows..

"1146 - Table 'store.coupon_gv_customer' doesn't exist

select amount from coupon_gv_customer where customer_id = '2'

[TEP STOP]"

Please help me bring my site live.

Thank you!

Regards,

DJDN

You have to edit two files: 

Catalog/includes/filenames.php 

Add this: 

Code: 

define('FILENAME_ADD_CHECKOUT_SUCCESS', 'add_checkout_success.php'); 

define('FILENAME_GV_FAQ', 'gv_faq.php'); 

define('FILENAME_GV_REDEEM.PHP', 'gv_redeem.php'); 

define('FILENAME_GV_SEND', 'gv_send.php'); 

define('FILENAME_POPUP_COUPON_HELP', 'popup_coupon_help.php'); 

catalog/admin/includes/filenames.php 

Add this: 

Code: 

define('FILENAME_COUPON_ADMIN', 'coupon_admin.php'); 

define('FILENAME_COUPON_RESTRICT', 'coupon_restrict.php'); 

define('FILENAME_GV_MAIL', 'gv_mail.php'); 

define('FILENAME_GV_QUEUE', 'gv_queue.php'); 

define('FILENAME_GV_SENT', 'gv_sent.php'); 

define('FILENAME_LISTCATEGORIES', 'listcategories.php');  

define('FILENAME_LISTPRODUCTS', 'listproducts.php');  

define('FILENAME_VALIDCATEGORIES', 'validcategories.php'); 

define('FILENAME_VALIDPRODUCTS', 'validproducts.php'); 

You should also add these lines in admin/includes/database_tables.php and catalog/includes/database_tables.php 

Code: 

define('TABLE_COUPONS', 'coupons'); 

define('TABLE_COUPONS_DESCRIPTION', 'coupons_description'); 

define('TABLE_COUPON_EMAIL_TRACK', 'coupon_email_track'); 

define('TABLE_COUPON_GV_CUSTOMER', 'coupon_gv_customer'); 

define('TABLE_COUPON_GV_QUEUE', 'coupon_gv_queue'); 

define('TABLE_COUPON_REDEEM_TRACK', 'coupon_redeem_track');

Edit the above two files.

Hello all,

Just DL recently the CC & GV 5.05 contrib as I need the discount coupons.

In the Admin section when trying to mail a gift voucher, I have no text defined for TEXT_SINGLE_EMAIL. I downloaded the fix but no correction was delivered.

I searche on all OSC forums for this missing text. Someone knows what to put and where ?

Already a big thanks !

Didier.

• 1 month later...

Can anybody tell me were I can find the german text that should be in the coupon_admin.php file? Because all my email are in english and not in german.

Thanks

Steven

• 1 month later...
Help - Im having a small problem - Whenever a customer has money in their gv account - I have no where to tick 'Use GV Account' nemore - so therefore the customer is stuck with it unless they send it!!

Warren

:(

Has anybody else experience something similar? Although I am able to E-Mail the shopper a voucher and he is able to redeem the voucher, the voucher is only added to his voucher account. On checkout their is no "box" to check that will enable him to pay with his voucher. He do have the option to enter his voucher number, but yet again - it only adds to his voucher account. This leaves the shopper with no option of "using" his voucher. He can only E-mail it to somebody else :unsure:

The funny thing is. When I just finished the installation and tried it for the very first time, I was able to tick the so called box. But when I tried again - their was no box :(

Anybody ?

From all the things I lost, I miss my mind the most - Ozzy Ozborne

Send the code to

[email protected]

Hi there Ian,

I think I experience the same as "Waza04". What did you suggest him to do ?

My shoppers are able to redeem their vouchers and add the voucher ammount to their voucher account displayed in the shopping cart - be it by the redeem link in the E-Mail or be it at checkout by entering the redeem code.

However, nowehere can we find a "checkbox" which will enable them to utilise their voucher funds.

:(

Edited by Ascii

I am also having the same problem, plus my download function is not working - slightly confused by that.

Anyway there is no tick box appearing saying use Voucher in Cart. So the customer ends up paying the full price.

Just embarked upon the greatest journey of my life........

Good morning Everybody,

What I discovered was that when I disable either of Discount Coupons or Voucher in the payment module the other seem to work. In other words. I have disabled the coupon selection. When I now issue a voucher to a spesific user he is able to redeem it without a problem. Seems like some kind of conflict ? :(

Good luck to the PHP guru's in figuring this one out.

Another question.

When using the voucher system and having a voucher as a stock item ... is it suppose to automatically be added to a clients voucher account when he purchase a voucher or must I manually "send" him the voucher. Currently a voucher purchase is passed to a peding sale as normal .... and I manually mail hinm the voucher from voucher admin.

Looking forward to feedback ...

Edited by Ascii

Ascii how did you go about disabling the vouchers? i only want to use coupons in my shop, but cant figure out how i can disable the vouchers, there doesnt appear to be an option in the admin section.

Thanks for any help

Hey guys, just for anyone who was having problems with displaying that box in the payment section, like i was.

If you go to the admin>modules>payment, then in there you have to install the gift voucher box. It works for me (for now). Hope it helps some of you.

I am looking for installation instructions with just the code in each file that needs to be updated/replaced. I can't replace whole files as I have already added too many contributions.

Do these instructions already exist, has anyone compared each file with the originals to see what exactly needs to be changed in each file?

What do other people think? I think most developers are not working with a new store, so it is not possible to replace all existing files directly. Therefore instructions with only the code changes required would be much much more useful.

Thanks in advance

~swordfly

Not to be a pain, but if you READ the install.html file that came with the ccgb-510b contrib it says the following:

"When searching the contribution files for details of changes, search for the string ICW which is at the start of all edit/amend comments."

This is one of the most complicated, but well documented contribs I have ever used and I too have a heavily modified site.

I only use English so once I deleted all of the German and Spanish files, it only took me 45 minutes to find the changes and execute them.

My suggestion is to print out the 99 instructions, cross out any langs you don't use, and follow each instruction one at a time, and it will work for you too.

Good Luck

"Aliiiiive, it's alive, it's ALIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!!!"

This was recently said (three or four posts prior to this one,) but bears repeating because it had me scratching my head and seems to be an issue for many. "Use Gift Voucher to pay for this purchase" checkbox will not be displayed until you enable the Gift Voucher as an Order Total module.

Find it in the Admin interface, under Modules->Order Total->Gift Vouchers...

Sorry if that's redundant, but having it in bold someplace would have saved me a few minutes, so there it is for fellow idiots :P

Problem: Customer has a gift voucher for $4, and purchases an item that's exactly $4, there's no need to select a payment method to complete the purchase - that's a good thing - it's the intuitive action for checkout in this case.

However, since they haven't selected a payment option, their order status isn't automatically updated, like it would be if they used the Paypal IPN method, or 2checkout, or whatever. This is a problem particularly if the cart makes use of the download controller and will allow customers to download upon the completion of a purchase.

Question: Any way to make the order status update when the purchase is paid for entirely in voucher credits? If the customer does select a payment method (Paypal IPN, for example) and they complete the order, the status IS updated, regardless of the fact that it never went to Paypal. The solution to this problem, then, might be as simple as specifying a default payment method. Any easy way to do that?

Many thanks. Forgive me if this has been answered elsewhere in this thread, 43 pages by dialup takes a long, long time, and I stopped reading after page 10 or so :)

Mick

• 3 weeks later...
Good morning Everybody,

What I discovered was that when I disable either of Discount Coupons or Voucher in the payment module the other seem to work.  In other words.  I have disabled the coupon selection.  When I now issue a voucher to a spesific user he is able to redeem it without a problem.  Seems like some kind of conflict ? :(

Good luck to the PHP guru's in figuring this one out.

Another question.

When using the voucher system and having a voucher as a stock item ... is it suppose to automatically be added to a clients voucher account when he purchase a voucher or must I manually "send" him the voucher.  Currently a voucher purchase is passed to a peding sale as normal .... and I manually mail hinm the voucher from voucher admin.

Looking forward to feedback ...

Hello,

I was having a problem with the Gift Voucher/Discount Coupon contribution for OS Commerce and was going through the forum when I came across your post about how when you disabled one or the other, the other one would display. Well, I am having the same problem, and I didn't notice that you got a response (I haven't found the response yet anyway) so I thought I would ask you if you ever got that problem solved. I would apreciate it tremendously (think of it as a mercy shot...to put me out of my misery of having to search this "Gone with the Wind" novel of a forum for this contribution.

Thanks

Ryan

Thanks for the great contribution!

I'm having a problem applying the discount to certain items. The coupon does not apply ANY discount if it is restricted to items or categories even if the item to be discounted is on the order.

I've tried everything i can think of in settings to remedy this and the coupons work perfectly if they are not restricted.

I seem to be chasing my tail at this point...

Help!