• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Credit Class/Gift voucher/Discount Coupon v5

Ian

I am using snaphot 05/19/2003

i installed the Gift Voucher/Discount Coupon..v5.05

the voucher shows up in the shopping cart box ok. BUT!!! ...

..the CHECKBOX that allows me to apply the voucher amount against my cart balance is MISSING

NOTe:...i had Gv 4.04 installed and it worked nicely..but since i installed the udated v5.03 isay this problem.

please help!

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry for the repeat...but this explains it a bit clearer:

--------------------------------------------------------------

I am using snaphot CVS 05/19/2003

i installed the Gift Voucher/Discount Coupon..v5.05

the voucher shows up in the shopping cart box ok.

BUT!!! ... at the checkout_payment.php point ..the CHECKBOX that allows me to apply the voucher amount against my cart balance is MISSING

NOTe:...i had Gv 4.04 installed and it worked nicely..but since i installed the udated v5.03 isay this problem.

please help!

I am trying to install the Credit Class/GV/Discount Mod and I am not having any luck. I have other MOD's installed on my cart and I am having difficulty merging my files. Is there anyone out there that would be willing to help me merge these files correctly so I can try the install again?

HELP!!

Thanks in Advance!,

David Whitford

Take Offs are Optional, Landings are Mandatory!

Everton,

I had the same problem on my install and the problem was due to the sort order of the gift voucher and discount modules.

In admin, try changing the sort order of display of the discount and gift voucher modules. I think the GV module had to come first...but I cant remember now so try both ways around !

I've been contemplating thinking about thinking

How about i try this request instead of my prior.

Is there an easy way to merge files and know you've done it properly when you already have previous mod's done to most of the files?

Please help.

David Whitford

Thanks in Advance!,

David Whitford

Greg,

I have the following Mod added.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,160

Text Attributes Add-On. It is working great. But I really need to add the Gift and Discount Voucher but i am having problems with the merge of files. I'm not illiterate but I want to make sure i do it correct or have someone do it for me. I have even used a DIFF program to no avail.

intereted in helping me or pointing me in the right direction?

David Whitford

Thanks in Advance!,

David Whitford

SIMON

which snapshot are u using with your installation??

remember mine is 05/19/2003 CVS....after the 05/19/2003 the removed the create_account_process.php al togather.

i am not sure how this change the way the checkout works

however i am gonna try what u said

What we are going to have to deal with here is that versions in CVS have MAJOR CHANGES. So, many contribs WILL, not MAY, need to be changed which will be a big undertaking. Huge, in fact.

I applaud and thank people like Ian who are devoting their time to help all of us to make our stores more useable, competitive and better than the non-open source shopping carts!!!!

:D :!:

So do I,

and I really applaud folks like Greg who have helped me merge my files and I will be installing them tonight and testing the system.

I never meant to say i didn't appreciate any of the contribs. I use quite a few myself.

It's an excellent cart system!

Thanks to ALL who contribute.

David Whitford

Thanks in Advance!,

David Whitford

Hi,

After installing CC Gift Voucher 5.03 I have found that the taxes and shipping don't always get calculated and show up in the checkout confirmation area. For some products they show up, for others they don't.

Is anyone else having this problem? If this is a bug in v5.03, how might I fix it? Or is there some settings in the admin area that I should be looking at?

Thanks.

Hey Ian

Thanks for the contrib, I had an earlier version running sweet and recently upgrade to 5.03 and while trying to resolve some problems, I just downloaded the new ot_gv.php from CVS and you've got it pointing to TABLE_GV_CUSTOMER instead of TABLE_COUPON_GV_CUSTOMER.

I've got two redeem boxes showing up, one redeem button, no check box or mention of using the voucher balance and nothing shows up regarding vouchers in checkout_confirmation.

Any ideas?

Del

Ian,

Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you. I am pasting in the gv_admin.php file that you requested.

To refresh your memory, I am having trouble with the value of the gift voucher as it appears in the emails sent from admin - they are coming up as $0.00 every time, no matter what amount I enter.

--

<?php

/*

$Id: gv_mail.php,v 1.3.2.4 2003/05/12 22:54:01 wilt Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright © 2002 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

require('includes/application_top.php');

require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'currencies.php');

$currencies = new currencies();

if ( ($HTTP_GET_VARS['action'] == 'send_email_to_user') && ($HTTP_POST_VARS['customers_email_address'] || $HTTP_POST_VARS['email_to']) && (!$HTTP_POST_VARS['back_x']) ) {

switch ($HTTP_POST_VARS['customers_email_address']) {

case '***':

$mail_query = tep_db_query("select customers_firstname, customers_lastname, customers_email_address from " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS);

$mail_sent_to = TEXT_ALL_CUSTOMERS;

break;

case '**D':

$mail_query = tep_db_query("select customers_firstname, customers_lastname, customers_email_address from " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS . " where customers_newsletter = '1'");

$mail_sent_to = TEXT_NEWSLETTER_CUSTOMERS;

break;

default:

$customers_email_address = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['customers_email_address']);

$mail_query = tep_db_query("select customers_firstname, customers_lastname, customers_email_address from " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS . " where customers_email_address = '" . tep_db_input($customers_email_address) . "'");

$mail_sent_to = $HTTP_POST_VARS['customers_email_address'];

if ($HTTP_POST_VARS['email_to']) {

$mail_sent_to = $HTTP_POST_VARS['email_to'];

}

break;

}

$from = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['from']);

$subject = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['subject']);

while ($mail = tep_db_fetch_array($mail_query)) {

$id1 = create_coupon_code($mail['customers_email_address']);

$message = $HTTP_POST_VARS['message'];

$message .= "nn" . TEXT_GV_WORTH . $currencies->format($HTTP_POST_VARS['amount']) . "nn";

$message .= TEXT_TO_REDEEM;

$message .= TEXT_WHICH_IS . $id1 . TEXT_IN_CASE . "nn";

if (SEARCH_ENGINE_FRIENDLY_URLS == 'true') {

$message .= HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'gv_redeem.php' . '/gv_no,'.$id1 . "nn";

} else {

$message .= HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'gv_redeem.php' . '?gv_no='.$id1 . "nn";

}

$message .= TEXT_OR_VISIT . HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG . TEXT_ENTER_CODE;

//Let's build a message object using the email class

$mimemessage = new email(array('X-Mailer: osCommerce bulk mailer'));

// add the message to the object

$mimemessage->add_text($message);

$mimemessage->build_message();

$mimemessage->send($mail['customers_firstname'] . ' ' . $mail['customers_lastname'], $mail['customers_email_address'], '', $from, $subject);

// Now create the coupon main and email entry

$insert_query = tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_COUPONS . " (coupon_code, coupon_type, coupon_amount, date_created) values ('" . $id1 . "', 'G', '" . $HTTP_POST_VARS['amount'] . "', now())");

$insert_id = tep_db_insert_id($insert_query);

$insert_query = tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_COUPON_EMAIL_TRACK . " (coupon_id, customer_id_sent, sent_firstname, emailed_to, date_sent) values ('" . $insert_id ."', '0', 'Admin', '" . $mail['customers_email_address'] . "', now() )");

}

$id1 = create_coupon_code($HTTP_POST_VARS['email_to']);

$message = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['message']);

$message .= "nn" . TEXT_GV_WORTH . $currencies->format($HTTP_POST_VARS['amount']) . "nn";

$message .= TEXT_TO_REDEEM;

$message .= TEXT_WHICH_IS . $id1 . TEXT_IN_CASE . "nn";

$message .= HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'gv_redeem.php' . '?gv_no='.$id1 . "nn";

$message .= TEXT_OR_VISIT . HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG . TEXT_ENTER_CODE;

//Let's build a message object using the email class

$mimemessage = new email(array('X-Mailer: osCommerce bulk mailer'));

// add the message to the object

$mimemessage->add_text($message);

$mimemessage->build_message();

$mimemessage->send('Friend', $HTTP_POST_VARS['email_to'], '', $from, $subject);

// Now create the coupon email entry

$insert_query = tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_COUPONS . " (coupon_code, coupon_type, coupon_amount, date_created) values ('" . $id1 . "', 'G', '" . $HTTP_POST_VARS['amount'] . "', now())");

$insert_id = tep_db_insert_id($insert_query);

$insert_query = tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_COUPON_EMAIL_TRACK . " (coupon_id, customer_id_sent, sent_firstname, emailed_to, date_sent) values ('" . $insert_id ."', '0', 'Admin', '" . $HTTP_POST_VARS['email_to'] . "', now() )");

}

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_GV_MAIL, 'mail_sent_to=' . urlencode($mail_sent_to)));

}

if ( ($HTTP_GET_VARS['action'] == 'preview') && (!$HTTP_POST_VARS['customers_email_address']) && (!$HTTP_POST_VARS['email_to']) ) {

$messageStack->add(ERROR_NO_CUSTOMER_SELECTED, 'error');

}

if ( ($HTTP_GET_VARS['action'] == 'preview') && (!$HTTP_POST_VARS['amount']) ) {

$messageStack->add(ERROR_NO_AMOUNT_SELECTED, 'error');

}

if ($HTTP_GET_VARS['mail_sent_to']) {

$messageStack->add(sprintf(NOTICE_EMAIL_SENT_TO, $HTTP_GET_VARS['mail_sent_to']), 'notice');

}

?>

<!doctype html public "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">

<html <?php echo HTML_PARAMS; ?>>

<head>

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=<?php echo CHARSET; ?>">

<title><?php echo TITLE; ?></title>

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="includes/stylesheet.css">

</head>

<body marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" topmargin="0" bottommargin="0" leftmargin="0" rightmargin="0" bgcolor="#FFFFFF">

<!-- header //-->

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header.php'); ?>

<!-- header_eof //-->

<!-- body //-->

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="2" cellpadding="2">

<tr>

<td width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" valign="top"><table border="0" width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="1" class="columnLeft">

<!-- left_navigation //-->

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_left.php'); ?>

<!-- left_navigation_eof //-->

</table></td>

<!-- body_text //-->

<td width="100%" valign="top"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr>

<td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr>

<td class="pageHeading"><?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?></td>

<td class="pageHeading" align="right"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>

</tr>

</table></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">

<?php

if ( ($HTTP_GET_VARS['action'] == 'preview') && ($HTTP_POST_VARS['customers_email_address'] || $HTTP_POST_VARS['email_to']) ) {

switch ($HTTP_POST_VARS['customers_email_address']) {

case '***':

$mail_sent_to = TEXT_ALL_CUSTOMERS;

break;

case '**D':

$mail_sent_to = TEXT_NEWSLETTER_CUSTOMERS;

break;

default:

$mail_sent_to = $HTTP_POST_VARS['customers_email_address'];

$mail_sent_to = $HTTP_POST_VARS['email_to'];

}

break;

}

?>

<tr><?php echo tep_draw_form('mail', FILENAME_GV_MAIL, 'action=send_email_to_user'); ?>

<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="2">

<tr>

<td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '1', '10'); ?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td class="smallText"><b><?php echo TEXT_CUSTOMER; ?></b><br><?php echo $mail_sent_to; ?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

</tr>

<tr>

<td class="smallText"><b><?php echo TEXT_FROM; ?></b><br><?php echo htmlspecialchars(stripslashes($HTTP_POST_VARS['from'])); ?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

</tr>

<tr>

<td class="smallText"><b><?php echo TEXT_SUBJECT; ?></b><br><?php echo htmlspecialchars(stripslashes($HTTP_POST_VARS['subject'])); ?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

</tr>

<tr>

<td class="smallText"><b><?php echo TEXT_AMOUNT; ?></b><br><?php echo nl2br(htmlspecialchars(stripslashes($HTTP_POST_VARS['amount']))); ?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

</tr>

<tr>

<td class="smallText"><b><?php echo TEXT_MESSAGE; ?></b><br><?php echo nl2br(htmlspecialchars(stripslashes($HTTP_POST_VARS['message']))); ?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

</tr>

<tr>

<td>

<?php

/* Re-Post all POST'ed variables */

reset($HTTP_POST_VARS);

while (list($key, $value) = each($HTTP_POST_VARS)) {

if (!is_array($HTTP_POST_VARS[$key])) {

echo tep_draw_hidden_field($key, htmlspecialchars(stripslashes($value)));

}

}

?>

<table border="0" width="100%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="2">

<tr>

<td><?php echo tep_image_submit('button_back.gif', IMAGE_BACK, 'name="back"'); ?></td>

<td align="right"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_GV_MAIL) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_cancel.gif', IMAGE_CANCEL) . '</a> ' . tep_image_submit('button_send_mail.gif', IMAGE_SEND_EMAIL); ?></td>

</tr>

</table></td>

</tr>

</table></td>

</form></tr>

<?php

} else {

?>

<tr><?php echo tep_draw_form('mail', FILENAME_GV_MAIL, 'action=preview'); ?>

<td><table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="2">

<tr>

<td colspan="2"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '1', '10'); ?></td>

</tr>

<?php

$customers = array();

$customers[] = array('id' => '', 'text' => TEXT_SELECT_CUSTOMER);

$customers[] = array('id' => '***', 'text' => TEXT_ALL_CUSTOMERS);

$customers[] = array('id' => '**D', 'text' => TEXT_NEWSLETTER_CUSTOMERS);

$mail_query = tep_db_query("select customers_email_address, customers_firstname, customers_lastname from " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS . " order by customers_lastname");

while($customers_values = tep_db_fetch_array($mail_query)) {

$customers[] = array('id' => $customers_values['customers_email_address'],

'text' => $customers_values['customers_lastname'] . ', ' . $customers_values['customers_firstname'] . ' (' . $customers_values['customers_email_address'] . ')');

}

?>

<tr>

<td class="main"><?php echo TEXT_CUSTOMER; ?></td>

<td><?php echo tep_draw_pull_down_menu('customers_email_address', $customers, $HTTP_GET_VARS['customer']);?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td colspan="2"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '1', '10'); ?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td class="main"><?php echo TEXT_TO; ?></td>

<td><?php echo tep_draw_input_field('email_to'); ?><?php echo '  ' . TEXT_SINGLE_EMAIL; ?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

</tr>

<tr>

<td class="main"><?php echo TEXT_FROM; ?></td>

<td><?php echo tep_draw_input_field('from', EMAIL_FROM); ?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

</tr>

<tr>

<td class="main"><?php echo TEXT_SUBJECT; ?></td>

<td><?php echo tep_draw_input_field('subject'); ?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

</tr>

<tr>

<td valign="top" class="main"><?php echo TEXT_AMOUNT; ?></td>

<td><?php echo tep_draw_input_field('amount'); ?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

</tr>

<tr>

<td valign="top" class="main"><?php echo TEXT_MESSAGE; ?></td>

<td><?php echo tep_draw_textarea_field('message', 'soft', '60', '15'); ?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

</tr>

<tr>

<td colspan="2" align="right"><?php echo tep_image_submit('button_send_mail.gif', IMAGE_SEND_EMAIL); ?></td>

</tr>

</table></td>

</form></tr>

<?php

}

?>

<!-- body_text_eof //-->

</table></td>

</tr>

</table></td>

</tr>

</table>

<!-- body_eof //-->

<!-- footer //-->

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'footer.php'); ?>

<!-- footer_eof //-->

<br>

</body>

</html>

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'application_bottom.php'); ?>

--

I really appreciate your stick-to-itiveness...

Joe

-----

Thanks, Ian, for your contributions! :)

Does anyone have any updated information on when we might see versions 5.04 or 5.04A (A = for snapshots after 5/19/03)?

Any news would be appreciated.

Every passing minute is another chance to turn it all around.

Delegated to web lackey - again.

OK, I've been through all 35 pages of this thread and I don't think this has been mentioned...

I've run into a problem which occurs when you set up a coupon which is restricted to a certain product and restricted to a minimum order amount - if the minimum order amount you enter is greater than the price of the product the coupon is restricted to, the coupon will not take effect - it seems to be using the product cost rather than the order total somewhere :?

e.g. I set up a coupon for ?10.00 off which can only be used if the customer spends over ?80.00 and can only be used if they purchase a certain product which is also worth ?10.00 (they effectively get the product free if they spend over ?80). In this case, the coupon will not show in the order total.

If I then set the minimum order to any value less than ?10.00 (the price of the product), it shows up and is discounted fine.

I'm guessing it is a problem in catalog/includes/modules/order_total/ot_coupon.php but I'm not sure where :? I'll continue looking but any help would be much appreciated :)

tobz

osCommerce Links

osCommerce Templates

osCommerce UK <-- This site is for sale!

Does anyone know why installing CGV 5.03 would cause orders not to be listed in the admin->customers->orders section?

If it is simply a code in one of the files we're suppose to edit, could that could just be removed without screwing up the entire CGV mod?

Andrew

I'm using cvs 5-18 and Linda's shoppe controller.

When I tried to edit files, I found that some parts of files don't exactly match and they are not edited either by Ian or Linda. In this case, which one should I keep? I'm quite confused.

Please help.

Wendy

Just a small issue, in the popup coupon help window I noticed that not all text is localized in GV 5.03, i.e defined in language files (in this case the text NONE). So I added this to change that.

In "popup_coupon_help.php" change:

if ($prods=='') $prods = '<br>NONE'; 

if ($cats=='') $cats = '<br>NONE;

to:

if ($prods=='') $prods = '<br>'.TEXT_COUPON_NONE; //Fix Fred 

if ($cats=='') $cats = '<br>'.TEXT_COUPON_NONE; //Fix Fred

Add the following define to "language/YOUR_LANGUAGE/popup_coupon_help.php":

define('TEXT_COUPON_NONE', 'NONE');

/Fred

Also can't select reedem coucher option- says that need to select payment

check it out at :

http://ridesign.staghosting.com/catalog/ch...out_payment.php

also after i added this module for some reason images are not coming in basket of product, also misssing image of voucher report in admin

also are there suppose to be 2 boxes one for gift voucher and 1 for coupon

thank you