• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Credit Class/Gift voucher/Discount Coupon v5

Ian

Hi Ian,

The update you have made to GV clas are first class - great work!

I've started a new store build, using MS1 and GV 5.03.

All seems to be working great - although I haven't fully tested yet.

I'm having some difficulty with Free Shipping though - I'm using the table rate for shipping (i want free shipping over ?x.xx in the store) but the gift voucher value is being included in the calculation...

For example -

setting table rate to give free shipping over ?30.

Value of items in cart = ?29 - adds normal shipping cost....

Value of items in cart = ?29 + Gift Voucher(?10) is giving free shipping.

Do I need to install Linda's FREE SHIPPER module?

I can't seem to find this in the contributions area.

Thanks in advance ....

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am getting this MySQL error message.

1146 - Table 'catalog.table_coupon_gv_customer' doesn't exist

select amount from TABLE_COUPON_GV_CUSTOMER where customer_id = '41'

It was working fine until i installed Ajeh's Shoppe Central Contribution.

I deleted the tables, installed them again. It gives the same error Only when i Login an account.

It was working fine until i installed Ajeh's Shoppe Central Contribution.

I deleted the tables, installed them again. It gives the same error Only when i Login an account.

Do you mean the Linda's (Ajeh) Shoppe Enhancement Controller? If so, I'm interested, too, to know if anyone's been successful in integrating this with Ian's wonderful GV Contribution.

Ryan Thrash

How do I not apply shipping charges to purchases of gift vouchers?

I'm using table based shipping that will add shipping charges according to the number of items in the cart. ($6.50 up to 8 items, 9-16 items - 9.50, etc...) If someone purchases a gift voucher, it currently counts as an item to be charged shipping. Only it's basically a download, therefore no shipping charge should be applied. Suggestions?

Thanks,

Chris Kelley

Just to let others know, I downloaded V5.03 of Ian's Credit Class/Voucher and had trouble getting the "tick" box to show on the checkout, I had to sort "Discount Coupon" and then "Gift Vouchers" if you sort opposite the box is not visible to the customer trying to use their voucher.

Hello Ian,

I keep getting Invalid Coupon Code. I am using the code from the email that the admin side sent to me.

Am I missing something simple here? I'm geussing somehting in the setup went wrong ...

Thanks,

Ivar.

Hi,

can some people help me please?

My Problem is the:

Redemption problem with existing user redeeming. If i take the link in the voucher-email, than the voucher is in my basket box. But if i`m a reg. costomer, than its a voucher not for recalculate my bill, its a voucher for send new vouchers....

Its a snow ball system :idea:

Sorry for my bad english;-)

And i have a 2. problem.

I have the contribution "Invoice" and the europ Tax Contr.

For this thinks i need the geo_zone_id - thats the system knows, if i came from germany or europ.

But if i by a voucher, than the basket finish dont know the id and he dont calculate the tax and dont accept my option "invoice".

Can help my some people :shock:

Greetings from Europ - with the hight EURO :oops:

I'm using table based shipping that will add shipping charges according to the number of items in the cart. ($6.50 up to 8 items, 9-16 items - 9.50, etc...) If someone purchases a gift voucher, it currently counts as an item to be charged shipping. Only it's basically a download, therefore no shipping charge should be applied. Suggestions?

Thanks,

Chris Kelley

I am also wondering the same :(

I am installing v5.03 on the latest osC snapshot from today (5/27/2003) and I noticed that in the newest snapshot, there is no longer a catalog/create_account_process.php file.

How do I integrate the new code included with the create_account_process.php file that comes with v5.03 when there isn't a file available to modify? Where or in which file would I now place these code changes?

Any ideas?

Thanks.

-R

I am installing v5.03 on the latest osC snapshot from today (5/27/2003)

As I stated previously :roll: , todays snapshot... 5/27/2003. That would make it CVS.

-R

Hello,

In my credit_selection() function the value of $GLOBALS[$class]->credit_class is empty ... any reason why?

This is preventing the redeem box to show up in checkout_payment.php

THanks,

Ivar

I am installing v5.03 on the latest osC snapshot from today (5/27/2003)

As I stated previously :roll: , todays snapshot... 5/27/2003. That would make it CVS.

-R

Randy,

My Account was redesigned last week, on 5/19 actually. So I am sure none of the mods that use the checkout process will work with post 5/18 snapshots.

[no external urls in signatures please, kthanks]

Bummer... I guess that means we are about to go through another round of contribution updates in the very near future.

Thanks for the update!

-R

No kidding.

Personally, I may freeze at 5/18 unless someone can convince me that it is worth waiting to upgrade my stores, that I have to recustomize, redesign and re-everything.

It would be nice if the updates were separated by design and code, so that stores could function and be updated as needed without taking everything offline and taking a month to recode.

I understand this is free code and a free program being built by volunteers in their spare time, but there comes a point when it becomes too much and the changes are not worth the down time. The code needs to freeze and be modularized so that the upgrade path becomes easier to implement. That is one of the reasons I choose phpNuke over PostNuke. PostNuke doesn't have a compatible upgrade path from version to version.

And those mods drop in!

Sorry for the rant, but I'm tired of the people who complain and whisper about what needs to be done and no one has the guts to say it in a way that any one will listen too.

Yeah, I know, this post will get buried too, and I'll be accused of being a malcontent and trouble maker. But although change is good, it needs to be predictable. The contrib designers can't move ahead because they have to back up and re-do what they have already done. If they fix all the bugs, the code base changes and they have to start all over with the save contrib yet again.

It is a waste of valuable developers time.

Randy, email me at [email protected] I have a couple of questions for you.

I need to stop wasting time and start producing an income from what I have thought was the best shopping cart system with the best support system. Every time I am ready to launch, new code comes and the contribs I want and need become useless.

[no external urls in signatures please, kthanks]

I agree with Loxly 100%. I also would like to add, that I think the CVS's shouldn't even be available to the general public. The only release that should be available is MS1 and then MS2 when it is done. This would prevent a lot of headache on a lot of fronts. The developer, the user and support team. This has been run over the coals a thousand times. Writing contrib. for a release that will change tomorrow is asinine and a major waste of everybody?s time.

Steve

-------------------------

Personally, I may freeze at 5/18 unless someone can convince me that it is worth waiting to upgrade my stores

Wasn't this the reason for releasing MS1 ? To prevent the constant need to upgrade in the absence of a final release....

Thanks,

Chris Kelley

credit_class_GV_DC_v5.03 already has that capability, just need to do some minor changes.

in catalog/checkout_shipping.php

replace this

// if the order contains only virtual products, forward the customer to the billing page as

// a shipping address is not needed

// ICW CREDIT CLASS GV AMENDE LINE BELOW

// if ($order->content_type == 'virtual') {

if (($order->content_type == 'virtual') || ($order->content_type == 'virtual_weight') ) {

if (!tep_session_is_registered('shipping')) tep_session_register('shipping');

$shipping = false;

$sendto = false;

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT, '', 'SSL'));

}

with

// if the order contains only virtual products, forward the customer to the billing page as

$cart->get_content_type();

if (($cart->content_type == 'virtual') || ($cart->content_type == 'virtual_weight') ) {

$shipping = false;

$sendto = false;

}

by doing this, it will skip the shipping and jump into payment information.

of course, your gift certificate product model must start with GIFT.

shyang

Personally, I may freeze at 5/18 unless someone can convince me that it is worth waiting to upgrade my stores

Wasn't this the reason for releasing MS1 ? To prevent the constant need to upgrade in the absence of a final release....

Ditto, that was my thought, if you wasnt so addicted to keep upgrading, you will not have this problem. I also use a cgi driven forum from UBB (infopop.com) I have the same problem with that, they just keep releasing upgrade after upgrade, it p*isses you off. Go for the MS1!

Thanks,

Chris Kelley

Thank you, I will apply this now :)

credit_class_GV_DC_v5.03 already has that capability, just need to do some minor changes.

in catalog/checkout_shipping.php

replace this

// if ($order->content_type == 'virtual') {

if (($order->content_type == 'virtual') || ($order->content_type == 'virtual_weight') ) {

$shipping = false;

$sendto = false;

}

with

$cart->get_content_type();

if (($cart->content_type == 'virtual') || ($cart->content_type == 'virtual_weight') ) {

$shipping = false;

$sendto = false;

}

by doing this, it will skip the shipping and jump into payment information.

of course, your gift certificate product model must start with GIFT.

Constant updates to the code base is like trying to hit a moving target. It can be entirely too frustrating and I definitely empathise with your pain. I thought the MS releases were supposed to be the officially supported releases, but it looks like many contributors seem to try to keep up with the CVS code base. It's a catch 22...

But, if you've got a store that's working, I say go live with it! When MS2 rolls around, make the decision to update or not. If your store's still working well and generating income then be happy and pass.

MS3 may just finally hit many people's desire to really start seeing some true seperation of data, presentation and business logic. When and if that finally happens, things will start getting very interesting, indeed! :D

Ryan Thrash

One of the reasons I have released a further update is the cvs activity. The new super cool product/category restriction code is ready to roll.

I've also totally rewritten the tax calculation logic (again :oops: ) which has been causing problems with the discount coupon mod.

Plus obviously some minor bug fixing code.

However I now have to think about updating code to current cvs.

Bummer

Trust me, I'm an Accountant.

Please forgive my ignorance Ian, but will the GV code be integrated into the new My Account part of OSC. I'm guessing that's what you meant by having to consider updating to the current CVS.

Related to this and based on the recently revised workboard, I'm guessing that we're not far from seeing MS2 being released. Seeing the Weight Conversion Class being moved to MS3 leaves only two items left: an update of the Payment/Shipping Status Icons and a Security Audit of the new changes to the code. Here's hoping for a June 1st surprise!

Ryan Thrash

Ryan,

The new my account are does allow for adding external modules to display their oen info. As you say a module could be written to display Gift Voucher account details, links etc.

I have not done anything with this yet. I was thinking more of the changes, say to the create account pages. My code (specifically the customer incentive stuff) would need updating to account for these changes. (I'll probably branch my cvs for this)

As to a timeline for MS2, I guessed wrong on MS1 so I'm not going to even try this time. Apart from the workboard entries you have to figure in some more testing, language file updates. I think June 1st is probably a bit optimistic. :D

Trust me, I'm an Accountant.