• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Credit Class/Gift voucher/Discount Coupon v5

Ian

Ian,

Is there a way to allow the gift voucher/certifcate to be the only form of payment.

When I redeem I get credit but am still asked to put in a CC number or use one of the payment methodsevne when the voucher is clicked and there is more then enough credit on it.

I am trying to use gift cert to redeem frre gift with certain order amounts.In other words you get a frre gift with your order in the form a of a gift certifcate good for etc.... you all get the idea!

I am useing the 20030509 snap shot w/ lots of add ons

Luckly I we work out of one of the few states that don't charge taxes so I don't have to worry about that end of things.

Also is there an easy way to put back the seperate boxes? I have a site where a lot of customers are useing both coupons and gift certs at the purchase time.

Any comments welcome

Cheers,

Mike

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

I have just installed V5.02. I guess everything runs great except for when I tried to email coupon notification to myself for a test run, but there is no coupon code in the notification email.

When I manually inserted the coupon code during check out, its worked fine.

Could anyone help me on this?

Thanks.

jou

Hi again, here is the email sample

Coupon

You can redeem this coupon during checkout. Just enter the code in the

box provided, and click on the redeem button.

The coupon code is

Don't lose the coupon code, make sure to keep the code safe so you can

benefit from this special offer.

It works fine for Gift Voucher notification email.

Thanks.

Regarding the empty redeem code:

"

You can redeem this coupon during checkout. Just enter the code in the box provided, and click on the redeem button.

The coupon code is

Don't lose the coupon code, make sure to keep the code safe so you can benefit from this special offer.

"

If you're email discount coupong from the admin section, I just found in "catalogadmincoupon_admin.php" that wrong field is used. To get it to work:

change:

$message .= TEXT_VOUCHER_IS . $coupon_result['code'] . "nn";

to:

$message .= TEXT_VOUCHER_IS . $coupon_result['coupon_code'] . "nn";

i.e change from field 'code' to 'coupon_code'.

/Fred

Just as an aside,

So far I have come across a few payment modules that do not work with the GV/Coupon code.

Authorize.net.

This is easily fixed, and I will be including the fix in the next update. Basically just a re-ordering of a couple of lines in one checkout file.

Paypal IPN

The problem here is that paypal IPN uses a custom checkout_process.php file. It should be possible to amend the paypal IPN page to be compatible. Something to look into.

Multicards.

Not nice. Multicards does not use $order->info['total'] to pass value for cc processing, but rather sends a list of each product in cart with price. Therefore bypassing gv/discount values. I do have a possible 'sneaky' workround which needs some testing.

Still plan to have update released tonight :D

Trust me, I'm an Accountant.

Hey Ian

Your GV system is great, thanks for all your hard work.

I've seen the posts regarding define('GV_IMMEDIATE', true); but that doesn't exist in the add_application_top.php file from your latest version.

Maybe I've missed something, but how do I make the voucher value automaically add to the buyers voucher account and skip the admin queue?

Thanks

Del

Just a quick update,

All bug fixing is now done. The last bug, relating to the calculation of order total for coupons restricted to products is fixed. (one of those where you stare at the code for hours not getting anywhere and then boom it hits you)

I'm just making a start on the install docs.

A couple of things that won't make the update.

1) someone pointed out that if you create a Gift Voucher product which has attributes. useful if you want to create graduated Gift Voucher values then the code ignores the attribute value.

2) Language files. The German & Spanish Language files are in a lot of cases quite out of sync with the main english language files. There's a good couple of days work involved with syncing them.

Finally, I get a number of emails from people saying that they have found a bug but did not want to embarass me by posting to the forums.

Don't worry, I'm beyond embarrassment. Posting to the forums is what you should do. If I then don't answer the forum post, drop me an email/pm with a link to the forum post.

Rememberm the forum is for everyone. If I answer a query by email then all of the other users will miss out on the answer.

Oh,

and thanks to everyone who has reported bugs, pointed out missing featues, poste bug fixes, language updates and generally annoyed the hell out of me :lol:

Testing your own code can be a difficult task. Especially during an update phase. First you don't test things cause you think, oh I only changed 1 line, doesn't need testing. Second you just can't imagine some of the situations people will encounter in real life use.

Hi,

Since I have problems with the different files in english and german language files.

In the english files is a file popup_coupon_help but not in the german.

In the german is a file gv_send_process, but not in the english.

I want to install gv5 again. Before, where can i get the update? On the contribution page is the date 05.05.2003.

Devon

I've just finished the new installation document. You can read it online at

www.zenwarehouse.com/install.htm

I'm working on some end user docs (How the Gift Voucher system works from a customers poit of view. How to use the admin sections for the Gift Vouchers and Discount Coupons)

but this won't be ready for a week or so.

I'm just double checking language files and everything should be ready to contribute.

Hello Ian,

thank you so much for this lot of work.

I am looking forward to try this out today.

But where can I get the version 5.03? It is not in the contributions

Thank you

Devon

i finally figured out why i was having problems with this contrib, i did not have a weight set to my products, so now things seem to be working and i successfully bought a gift voucher from my store, however when i go to buy other products, i don't see an option for using the gift voucher to pay for my purchase.. did i miss something in the installation or am i just stupid and missed something very obvious. (using v5.02 btw)

<< threeOHsix(dot)org

Hi there

i am intersted to modify the credit class to show instead of "enter your gift voucher or whatever it says to allow teh custoemr to enter there tax exemption number "like PST or GST for canadian "

is there any way to do this in teh module ?

and actually that leads to my second questions , is ther any possibility to have more than one credit class per order "like one for tax exemption and one for acredit or voucher for teh customer ? "

Thanks

After redeeming my gift voucher, if i try to send an amount to someone, by clicking on "Send Gift Voucher" from the link in my shopping cart box, this takes me to a page called gv_send.php.

On that page, there is an error at the bottom of the page, just under the message to recipients box which reads:

Error!

Unable to determine the page link!

Could somebody else check this for me to see if its a general bug as I get the same problem after reinstalling. The link only shows after you have redeemed a voucher BTW!

In Admin, go to order total modules, and switch the buggers on ;)

That shouyld do the trick.

i have them turned on and set that up, it just doesn't appear in the payment screen at all (besides the redemption box).. could it be an error when using it with the paypal ipn mod?

<< threeOHsix(dot)org

Check your sort order, back on about page 6 of this thread I think the approx sort order is already there. Good luck

yeah that was it, i just had to switch the order for gift vouchers and coupons (i had originally set it to the example provided in ian's help page, but that didn't work)

<< threeOHsix(dot)org

Ian,

I am glad that we were able to annoy you, er.... help you out with this contribution. ;)

You said that the documentation would be ready in about a week. Are you going to hold off the updated contribution until those docs are ready?

Thank you again for all of your work, it is appreciated. :)

BTW, were you able to get a button for the report created? LOL :D

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." - A. Einstein

No,

The only delay is that i discovered a bug in the checkout. This is due to a sligh typo, adn some code in the orders_total class.

The bug has the following effect. Depending on the order total, if both the GV & discount coupon are enabled, you will never see the checkbox to use GV.

Secondly on some browsers, the redeem button will not display.

I',m fixing this now and will then release the contribution.

As for the other docs. When they are ready i'll post as a spearate contribution in the same package.