• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Different Attributes For Different Products.

gener1c

All,

I'm pretty new to the OS community and I have a big problem! Help me if you can please.

I am desiging a catalog for a floral company. Ive got my categories setup. Here is the problem:

I have a tree called "Aralia". This tree comes in different sizes (3 foot to 12 foot). I have defined product attributes to accomodate this. However, I also have a plant "Fern" that comes in different sizes as well (1 -5 feet).

I like the way the drop down box appears for the "Aralia" tree it lets me choose my size. However, I do not want to use the same attributes for the "fern"...is there a way that each product can have size attributes that are independent from the other products?

Thanks in advance for your help! I've learned a lot just by reading but I can't seem to find an answer to this issue.

Respect,

gener1c

You just chose the attributes for each prodcut that apply to them. There is no reason to include all the sizes just because they are there :)

[no external urls in signatures please, kthanks]

Thanks for the reply. Im just going to redo how I list the products. I have created subcategories under the main cat of "trees". Each tree now has 10 different sizes because they are all different SKU numbers.....

eeesh....I should have paid attention in math class when they had those problems like "Tom is taller than suzy...suzy is half as tall as bob...how tall is Mike?" But i wlays skipped those ! :)

Respect,

gener1c

Archived