• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

email.php need to be configured?

nyderrn

Does email.php need to be fully configured or should it work out of the box with no configuration changes? I keep getting failed to recieve error in email.php in line 500

if (EMAIL_TRANSPORT == 'smtp') {

return mail($to_addr, $subject, $this->output, 'From: ' . $from . $this->lf . 'To: ' . $to . $this->lf . implode($this->lf, $this->headers) . $this->lf . implode($this->lf, $xtra_headers));

} else {

return mail($to, $subject, $this->output, 'From: '.$from.$this->lf.implode($this->lf, $this->headers).$this->lf.implode($this->lf, $xtra_headers));

}

}

Are these variables defined in the beginning cause I can't find them. Is it trying to query the databse for these values? Sorry, I'm a bit new to php so I'm having a bit of trouble following the code all the way down.

There are a few settings that need to be changed in the admin section of the store regarding what the name of the users email is. That is where you define the stores e-mail. The customers e-mail comes from the database so make sure that the information is correct for both of them even if they are the same.

--Gary :D

Still doesn't work after adding my e-mail add to the Configuration/My Store screen. Seems like it can't find the values for those variables or they need to be defined manually. Guess I'll just poke around in there and see what I can find. There's plenty of comments in the code to help out ;) Just trying to see if anyone had this problem before.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Archived