• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

"How Did You Find Us?"

Kelly_Hero

I have a client who is using various offline marketing strategies to drive traffic to their website and thus generate sales. Because they will be paying out commissions based on sales, they would like to add a "How Did You Find Us?" feature to the checkout process. Something similar to the following:

How Did You Find Us?

__Search Engine

__Newspaper

__Magazine

__Word of Mouth

I'm not quite sure how to add this to our cart, which pages need to be altered, etc. I tried searching for a contribution, but the closest thing I could find was the "Ad Tracker" contribution.

Does anyone else use this sort of thing in their cart? If so, I would greatly appreciate any assistance.

Happiness does not come from doing easy work but from the afterglow of satisfaction that comes after the achievement of a difficult task that demanded our best. --Anonymous

Thanks for your reply. I did look at the poll contribution, but this needs to be part of the checkout process. I've modified this cart extensively with various contributions, but I'm a little wary of trying to go in and edit the checkout pages without assistance as I'm pretty new to PHP.

Happiness does not come from doing easy work but from the afterglow of satisfaction that comes after the achievement of a difficult task that demanded our best. --Anonymous

• 7 months later...

yeah, this is exactly what 'm looking for.. maybe a dropdown box in the checkout with salesperson's names along with search engine, newspaper, etc.. this issues seemed to be dead and I just wanted to bring it back to life!

design.chriscarter.org

Archived