Tell customer how much more to spend to get free shipping

delaen

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Its been awhile since anyone posted to this topic but when I install the contribution Free Shipping Plus other shipping methods everything appears to be fine until you select the free shipping option in checkout. It returns to the same page and refuses to accept the free shipping as an option. I can select any other option and it works. Can someone help please?

Rick

hey GREAT hack! works well.

just 1 question?

i've set my free deliveries to any order over R2999.00. If the cart is over that then it works 100%,

but if the value is below... then its wrong?

eg. if i place and order for something valued at R2,075.00, it says "Add R2,925.00 to your order and receive FREE shipping!" which is wrong as its set to 2999 in the admin/

any ideas?

-buddha

• 2 months later...

Thanks this works great. I have just one question!. Is it possible for the ?x.xx to appear in a different colour so as to highlight the amount left to spend before free delivery? :thumbsup:

• 8 months later...
Yea, that should work for now. I'll see if I can find time to code it in a real way. I think it should only take about 2 seconds and 2 lines of code though.

I would be a little more cautious with calling $cart->show_total() all over the place.

that function in turn calls the calculate() function which recalculates the entire cart with the associated product and specials queries.

better call it once, save the value and use that for comparisons.

Treasurer MFC

• 6 months later...

Bit of an old thread but this seems like the right place.

I've just installed the free shipping contrib

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,146

and it's working fine apart from one thing. I change the default from £50 to something else and it makes no difference to the text displayed.

I've also added this contrib to tell customers how much more they need to spend to get free shipping. It has the same problem where even though i've set the amount to £99 it still thinks that the minimum spend is £50

I believe it has something to do with this variable MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_SHIPPING_FREE_SHIPPING_OVER

I cannot find this anywhere in the free shipping contrib i've installed apart from calling it, where is this set?

Ive manually removed this from here and just stuck £99 in, not ideal but it works

Thanks

Darren

• 2 weeks later...

I just wanted to say THANKS for this....it is great. I have it running on my product info page.

free shipping text on my site

Someone asked if they could format the text and I managed to do this in my english.php file

define('BOX_SHOPPING_CART_FREE_SHIPPING', 'Add <font color=#FF0000>%s </font> to your order and receive <font color=#FF0000>FREE</font> shipping!');

hope this helps!

and thanks again....Diane

Funny enough, I just posted something like this for Multi-Vendor Stores that takes into account whether the free shipping is zone limited (and checks that against the customer's login information, or uses the default). Again, just want to be clear, this is specific for the Multi-Vendor Stores contribution, but thought someone might find it useful. See the post here.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Is this needed:

$info_box_contents[] = array('text' => tep_draw_separator());

It doesn't look that good having a big full stop in the shopping cart box?

Thanks

Becki

Great tip btw!Very easy.

• 6 months later...

Is there a way to change the message from "Spend £30 to get free shipping" to "you have got free shipping" once they have £30 in their cart?

I know this is an old thread although the solution should be fairly simple and I would appreciate it if someone could help.

thanks,

Ben

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Very nicely done, works like a champ! I also added it to my checkoutshipping.php just under the shipping selection to give the customer a last chance to buy more!

• 1 year later...

Archived