EP not splitting file...

skeedo

Ok I took a chunk out and tried, it gave me:

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/php398Jzz

User filename: gallery_chunk.csv

Size: 596487

Upload complete

But nothing appears in my database. Are there any particular columns that can't be blank?

• 4 weeks later...

I am experiencing the same problem, i just added like 45,000 products to my ep file, before it had only 1200 products and it was uploading fine...but now that i have added all these new products in the csv file...it wont upload -- its too big i think...its like 17mb!

I dont know what the split ep upload does...this is perhaps the one i should use? anyone know about this and can help?

thanks,

-taylor

1. Just insert your products in the example file

2. Save it as *.txt (Tabstopp) file.

3. Upload the .txt File in the /catalog/temp

4. Use Easypopulate 2.60 "Import from Temp Dir (/catalog/temp/)"

Download at: http://www.multishop.ch/working_csv_file.xls

I used it for upload over than 10'000 Products without splitting.

Sure i have uploaded over then 10000 Articles, but of course you must have a highspeed Internet connection.

Actually I use ADSL connection with a speed of 512 Download/128 Upload.

The .txt File that I have is 3.25MB and contain exactly 11924 Articles with only two Languages.

For the upload in the Temp directory I need about 3-4 minutes, after that I do the upload with EP 2.60 and about 30-40 minutes later all Articles will be listed successfully.

If you use a bigger file you have to use the split function, this function will create more files in the same directories (/temp) and every file will contain 300 articles, this number can be changed in the file Easypopulate.php about at the line 192.

CODE:

global $maxrecs;

$maxrecs = 300;

After that you have to upload each files with EP.

Good Luck.

WHAT ABOUT THIS:

can anyone think of a script that would search through my 45,000 plus products and automatically turn those products which dont have images OFF and unlist them in the shopping cart ? (they have the image names in the excel, but the images themselves are not uploaded yet)

This would save me an immense amount of time...

-taylor