• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

New User - Startup Problems - Help Appreciated

Webstuff

Hello,

I'm just trying to set up my first OSCommerce store.

It's share-hosted on IIS.

I'm receiving the error below when I sign up as a new user & click continue. I presume that it is trying to email confirmation to the new signed up user .

I have set up the email froms as a real pop @ the domain, and also

put in the mail server name as suggested by the hosting company. I cahanged from sendmail to SMTP as it is on IIS. Anyway I've tried various combinations at this stage. They added my mail server to those allowed as relays ...still the same . Just to spped things up , has anyone seen this error below before?

Warning: mail() [function.mail]: SMTP server response: 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for [email protected] in C:hshomemyftpshop.actech-group.comcatalogincludesclassesemail.php on line 454

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:hshomemyftpshop.actech-group.comcatalogincludesclassesemail.php:454) in C:hshomemyftpshop.actech-group.comcatalogincludesfunctionsgeneral.php on line 23

Appreciate any help at all,

Rob

OSCommerce Newbie.

The smtp-server recognizes the sender of the email as one that does not belong to the authorized domains of this server. Obviously, this is not an osc-issue. Make sure that the addresses you have set in admin ("email address" and "email from") are valid for your smtp-server. You can achieve this by either changing the addresses in admin or adding the addresses (or the domain(s)) to the smtp-server's authorized list.

Greetings from Marcel

|Current version|Documentation|Contributions|

Many thanks Marcel

The hosting company added it as an allowed relay , and things seem ok on

the email front.

Now I am missing a field . I am new to mySQL/PHP & OSCommerce.

I'm going to come across some probs which will throw me due to my

lack of knowledge. My background is in the VB/ASP area. I don't even

know how to connect into my 'mysql' db on the hosting companies server as of yet. If this was MSSQL/access I could merely create the field. But

this is like restarting again . It could be a long road.

If you could give me a few pointers I would greatly appreciate the help.

I'll just have to knuckle down & read up .

I have updated the version of OSCommerce through the hosts control panel. Do I need to update the db somehow also?

Thanks again

Rob.

Here is the error below:

1054 - Unknown column 'comments' in 'field list'

insert into orders (customers_id, customers_name, customers_street_address, customers_suburb, customers_city, customers_postcode, customers_state, customers_country, customers_telephone, customers_email_address, customers_address_format_id, delivery_name, delivery_street_address, delivery_suburb, delivery_city, delivery_postcode, delivery_state, delivery_country, delivery_address_format_id, payment_method, cc_type, cc_owner, cc_number, cc_expires, date_purchased, orders_status, comments, currency, currency_value) values ('14', 'roojgj khfhh', 'hghhjb', 'hjbjhhbj', 'hbjhjbbhj', 'hjbbhjbhj', 'hjhjhjb', 'Bahamas', '9877987', '[email protected]', '1', 'roojgj khfhh', 'hghhjb', 'hjbjhhbj', 'hbjhjbbhj', 'hjbbhjbhj', 'hjhjhjb', 'Bahamas', '1', 'Credit Card', 'Visa', 'nnn', '4111111111111111', '0705', now(), '1', '', 'USD', '1.00000000')

OSCommerce Newbie.

Archived