• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

different country based prices

chris2.2

hi, i am a newbee and i have a question. by the way I enjoyed reading the forum very much! thank you all!

i want to setup a shop where prices in currency1 are very different from prices in currency2. it's not possible to just calculate the difference between the currencies, c'ause pricing-policy in the countries is different.

what's the fastest way to realize something like that?

same products 2 times? but how to select them then by country?

i know already the automatic currency-calculation available,

(as i mentioned the prices should really be different) and i read something about shipping zones to realize different shipping-costs.

may you can help? :sneaky:

What will be the determining factor? Is it good enough to say that if someone looks at it in US$ it will be one price and in another currency a different price (forgetting about anything to do with real exchange rates)? Or will the determining factor be the country it's being shipped to?

#1 is easy...#2 would require some planning.

the determining factor will be one price and in another currency a different price (forgetting about anything to do with real exchange rates).

#1 you can say.

easy? tell me more!

It would just be a matter of adding additional price fields in the database (products_price_us, products_price_canada, etc.) Easy enough to use the current one in admin/categories.php to help in adding the others to the admin. Then wherever the price is displayed (product_info.php, etc.) you would just need an if statement. If the currencies_id is US$ display this price...if the currencies_id is CAN$ display this price, etc.

Got it? :shock: Good! :D

I can elaborate more if you need me too but it looks like a sound plan to me. :wink:

hey, thanks a lot! cool!

that was the easy part. but what do i have to do with the shopping-chart, it should also represent the prices different by country. :shock:

Oops...didn't think of that. Easy enough with the same logic I suppose. Just have to make sure that it gets updated if a customer changes the currency with items already in their shopping cart. :?

i think the solution could be that when the product comes to the shopping chart the right price should be choosen from the prices at the product available. but how to do this? :?:

Archived