• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Canadian Separate Tax - Show Stopper

wdyck

Has anyone found a way around the issue of needing to display both PST and GST taxes on a separate line?

The Separate Tax Hack v1.2-4 used to work on an older version of osC, however, it fails to show any taxes with newer versions.

Has their been any solutions to this? I did find a bit of code in one of the forums that someone said should work, however, I am checking here first before I try implementing it.

~Wayne

I just found this contribution in the downloads section - Canadiantax1-4.zip

Has anyone tried it with a recent version of osC and can they say whether it worked or not? Thanks for any comments.

~Wayne

You've probably already installed by now, but I am using that contribution (Canadian Tax Display v 1.4) and it works fine.

Thanks for the feedback. You are correct, I just installed this on Friday and confirmed it works fine - phew! I was getting a little concerned that this was not going to work right!

I am planning on dropping the author in Quebec a note to say thanks for the mod!

Cheers.

Wayne

• 3 weeks later...

The only thing I have noticed now is that when I apply a shipping amount, the taxes get doubled. For example, the display shows the PST and GST as well as the shipping amount and the GST on the shipping, however, the total does not add up. The missing amount is an addition (PST + GST) amount tacked onto the subtotal.

No idea why, however, I need to fix it.

Archived