• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

can I use OS on existing graphic html pages with form input

markge

Total newbie here :oops:

I just found this wonderful cart on my server and will use it for some future clients ...out of the box, but I have two graphicly intense photoshp/frontpage sites using monthly fee offsite carts and would like to somehow hook them up to this system.

Is it possible to get the input from the html forms on my existing pages and pass them to OS for checkout?

Can I insert some of the components(ie. reveiws, tell a friend etc) into a table on my html pages

I am not a programmer(basic html and insert JS is my limit), so If it can be done but takes custom programing I would consider paying for help since it will save me $20 a month for these other carts I use.

Please tell me this can be done!

Thanks

Mark Geallis

www.toprankmarketing.com

www.cost-watch.com

www.ondaytona.com

This has been asked before and the general synopsis is. It would be easier to intergrate your site into OSC, than it would to intergrate OSC into your site. It can be done, but you will need more than the skils you have now, like an understanding of PHP would be a start.

Steve

-------------------------

Thanks Steve

Not the answer I wanted but It is what I expected... I will start designing future ecommerce sites around OSC and make life much easier!

If anyone has a suggestion of a paid cart that will easily interface with a FP html site for this client I would appreciate it so that I do not have to pay the monthly fee for the off server cart.

Also if anyone else has other solutions let me know!

Thanks

Mark Geallis

www.toprankmarketing.com

www.cost-watch.com

www.ondaytona.com

Archived