http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1208

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright © 2002 osCommerce

WISHLIST V1.3

Changes to Wishlist for osC Version 2.2-MS1 by JOHNSON

Copyright © 2003 Matti Ressler - [email protected] version 2.2-MS1

Released under the GNU General Public License

Here's what it took to get Wishlist working for me in Version 2.2-MS1....

the first is an entire change of the mod to product_info.php, the second only

a slight change to the 'add' in application_top.php....

all other changes remain the same other than the missing curly bracket in column_right.php...

Enjoy!.....Matti

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks Matti,

you should have uploaded it to the same page as the other wishlist files. also you might've just went ahead and fixed it in the files and uploaded a complete MS1 version, because I stopped supporting wishlist quite a while ago, as I no longer use it and really have no time to support it.

The only thing necessary for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing

- Edmund Burke

OK, I'm confused again. Do I have to download and install 2 packages or one?

This is way down my list right now anyway, to much more to do before I get there :) But I need to know what files to use when I get there :)

[no external urls in signatures please, kthanks]

OK, I'm confused again. Do I have to download and install 2 packages or one?

Version 1.2 is packaged with it.... unchanged... the readme shows the diff.

you should have uploaded it to the same page as the other wishlist files

It is on the same page... :shock:

also you might've just went ahead and fixed it in the files and uploaded a complete MS1 version, because I stopped supporting wishlist quite a while ago, as I no longer use it and really have no time to support it.

It was a matter of time for me also... I could see that you were no longer supporting it, yet there were people having the same problems I did, so I threw up what I had done.....until I also have the time :?

I will do a new and complete functioning package over the weekend.... this will include all altered and additional files based on MS1, and also a diff file for people who already have other modifications (as I do - this is why I didn't include all my files - have to redo them on a fresh MS1)

Hello,

I tryed to install this contribution, but I get always this erros. I can find out the error - I compared all changes several times.

Parse error: parse error, unexpected $end in d:...shopincludesapplication_top.php on line 640

Notice: Use of undefined constant DIR_WS_LANGUAGES - assumed 'DIR_WS_LANGUAGES' in d:...shopindex.php on line 33

Notice: Undefined variable: language in d:...shopindex.php on line 33

Notice: Use of undefined constant FILENAME_DEFAULT - assumed 'FILENAME_DEFAULT' in d:...shopindex.php on line 33

Warning: main(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES/FILENAME_DEFAULT) [function.main]: failed to create stream: No such file or directory in d:...shopindex.php on line 33

Fatal error: main() [function.main]: Failed opening required 'DIR_WS_LANGUAGES/FILENAME_DEFAULT' (include_path='.;c:php4pear') in d:...shopindex.php on line 33

I would be pleased if somebody can help me

Thank you

Andreas

For anybody else using this contribution...

Get yourself a decent text editor.... the readme is in Unix format and looks a mess and is hard to follow in notepad :shock:

Bug: it does not work with products with attributes - I can't see that it ever has..... I don't use attributes, so I didn't spot this.... works fine for what I require....

I am currently redoing all the code in MS1 - a completely new contribution

Hi Could any one please post application_top.php If they have used and is working with this contribution on MS1 as The changes in application top are lot differ I even tried Matti contribution but shop stop adding products after I make changes to application top.

Hi,

The instructions that came with the MOD are no good for MS1. Matti's MOD helps but as he says there are still many faults. He is working on a revised MOD for MS1 - so probably best to wait, like me! :)

Cheers

If you really need to use the current mod, then don't just cut and paste - look at the txt files and only alter the changes/additions, not the whole code! :?

Hi Could any one please post application_top.php If they have used and is working with this contribution on MS1 as The changes in application top are lot differ I even tried Matti contribution but shop stop adding products after I make changes to application top.

I'll try and get one done for you tonight....

Well... I got kinda sidetracked... :oops: But tonight definitely I'll get a couple of files done.... The mod works just fine for myself the way I use it...

I'll do a modified product_info.php and application_top.php from a clean MS1 install for those who need it.... please pm me if you need these files as I am not posting anything in Contributions until I have a complete MS1 rewrite done.....

i'm new to using oscommerce and i just installed this addon and was testing it to find that it made my add to cart button not work.. i could add products to the wishlist and transfer them to the cart just fine by if i added a product from the product_info.php page it wouldn't add it to the cart.

i think there's an error in the case 'add_product' part of the application_top.php file.

<< threeOHsix(dot)org

Well... I got kinda sidetracked... :oops: But tonight definitely I'll get a couple of files done.... The mod works just fine for myself the way I use it...

I'll do a modified product_info.php and application_top.php from a clean MS1 install for those who need it.... please pm me if you need these files as I am not posting anything in Contributions until I have a complete MS1 rewrite done.....

As Matti said try sending a PM to him for a revised application_top and product_info

:)

i'm new to using oscommerce and i just installed this addon and was testing it to find that it made my add to cart button not work.. i could add products to the wishlist and transfer them to the cart just fine by if i added a product from the product_info.php page it wouldn't add it to the cart.

i think there's an error in the case 'add_product' part of the application_top.php file.

So what happened?... if the product has attributes it redirects to the product_info page for that product so you can choose your attributes and add it to the cart.... this is how the original contribution functioned...

If you read this thread you will see that I am working on a full MS1 update that will allow products with their chosen attributes to be added directly to the cart....

I do not have products with attributes, so the Wishlist works just fine for me.... I would like to see it work better for everybody, but coding contributions takes time.... guess you just gotta wait :shock:

There is an issue with the original Wishlist 1.2 mod for column_right.php - there is a missing semi-colon:

//added for wishlist

if (tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'wishlist.php')

should be:

//added for wishlist

if (tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'wishlist.php');

Replace:

// customer adds a product from the products page

case 'add_product' :    if (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id']) && is_numeric($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id'])) {

$cart->add_cart($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id'], $cart->get_quantity(tep_get_uprid($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id'], $HTTP_POST_VARS['id']))+1, $HTTP_POST_VARS['id']);

}

tep_redirect(tep_href_link($goto, tep_get_all_get_params($parameters)));

break;

with:

case 'add_product' :    if (ereg('^[0-9]+$', $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id'])) {

if (tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) tep_db_query("delete from " . TABLE_WISHLIST . " WHERE customers_id=$customer_id AND products_id=$products_id");

$cart->add_cart($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id'], $cart->get_quantity(tep_get_uprid($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id'], $HTTP_POST_VARS['id']))-($cart->get_quantity(tep_get_uprid($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id'],$HTTP_POST_VARS['id'])))+$HTTP_POST_VARS['cart_quantity'], $HTTP_POST_VARS['id']);

}

tep_redirect(tep_href_link($goto, tep_get_all_get_params($parameters), 'NONSSL'));

break;

Just below that should be (updated):

// application_top.php 

// Add product to the wishlist 

case 'add_wishlist' :  if (ereg('^[0-9]+$', $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id'])) { 

if  ($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id']) { 

tep_db_query("delete from " . TABLE_WISHLIST . " WHERE customers_id=$customer_id AND products_id=$products_id"); 

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_WISHLIST . " (customers_id, products_id, products_model, products_name, products_price) values ('" . $customer_id . "', '" . $products_id . "', '" . $products_model . "', '" . $products_name . "', '" . $products_price . "' )"); 

} 

} 

tep_redirect(FILENAME_WISHLIST);

break;

This is all pretty old code, but it does work!....

• 1 month later...

Has anyone come across this problem?

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'select * from customers_wishlist WHERE customers_id=3 order by 

select count(select * from customers_wishlist WHERE customers_id=3 order by products_name) as total 

[TEP STOP]

I'm getting it when I click on 'View My Wishlist'.

Also, for some reason, products are not being added to my Wishlist... instead they are being added directly to the shopping cart.

Any help on fixing these problems would be great!

Thanks,

Tony

"The price of success is perseverance. The price of failure comes much cheaper."

Also, for some reason, products are not being added to my Wishlist... instead they are being added directly to the shopping cart.

In addition to this problem... I'm finding that if I switch off the contribution (have triple checked that if / else statements are programmed right) I'm unable to add anything to the shopping cart...

Anyone come across this also?

Actually... if I could get it working alright, I would have no need to switch it off... so the priority is to get it working...

Thanks,

Tony

"The price of success is perseverance. The price of failure comes much cheaper."