• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Restrict Changes for Account Information

Gisele

In our catalog, we have the customers (employees) pre-entered into the database and do not want the employees to be able to change any of their account information except their password.

I played with the modules/account_details.php pages commenting code which I think is the correct place to do this. When you display account information, it's read only (correct) when you click edit account, it's read only except the password text boxes (correct), but when the employee clicks continue, the text boxes are blank... I'm sure it's the way I've commented the code which is what I've done wrong.

Below is the original code for the telephone text box. What I did on the changed page was comment the areas that had an input box and did code just to echo the information, but when everything is passed to account_edit_process we get errors, so I disabled the error checking and now nothing appears...I tried assigning the value to the variable but after 4 hours, I'm starting to see blurred images

help :(

<?php

if ($is_read_only == true) {

echo $account['customers_telephone'];

} elseif ($error == true) {

if ($entry_telephone_error == true) {

echo tep_draw_input_field('telephone') . ' ' . ENTRY_TELEPHONE_NUMBER_ERROR;

} else {

echo $telephone . tep_draw_hidden_field('telephone');

}

} else {

//change input box to display only - employee cannot change information

echo tep_draw_input_field('telephone', $account['customers_telephone']) . ' ' . ENTRY_TELEPHONE_NUMBER_TEXT;

}

?>

Archived