• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Product image-" click to enlarge" not actually enl

fan4chevy

When I click on my product image where it says click to enlarge it pops up with the image but it is the same exact size as the main image(small). How can I input a larger image to appear when customer clicks the image?

Your help is appreciated.

thanks

Uh, resize your image to be larger?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.

Resize all your product images to the same size... then from the admin control panel Configuration -> Images then for Small Image Width & Small Image Height change to whatever SMALL image size you want it to show from within the product listing/description.

If you use larger pictures, the full picture is downloaded for the thumbnails and then shrunk by the customer's browser, which is not a good thing for customer's using dialup. Because of this we shrunk all of our pictures down to the thumbnail size on the server and removed "click for a larger image". I think there is a contribution that allows separate pictures for the thumbnails and the enlarged pictures, but I haven't tried it.

In olden times the men were made of iron and the ships were made of wood; now it's the other way around. :wink:

Archived