• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Changing background color -not to reflect in text area?

donato

Hello,

How do u change the background colour of the shop so it will not change the colour in the shop?

Meaning, the BODY tag, i would like it to be a different colour than inside the store where, for example, the welcoming text is.

IE:

What's New Here?

Welcome back USER! Would you like to see which new products are available to purchase?

This is a default setup of the osCommerce project, products shown are for demonstrational purposes, any products purchased will not be delivered nor will the customer be billed. Any information seen on these products is to be treated as fictional.

...the background colour here i want it to be different than the background colour of the BODY tag.

any ideas?

Tried the Center Shop v1.0 to take advantage to add a background color around the store, but it seems to be outdated to the latest build.

thanks in advance

d

Donato,

The easiest way to have the different background colors would be to add a table around the area you want different and give it a different class in the style sheet.

hey thx Kim...ok, that means I have to place a table that contains the store/osc stuff inside. how can i do this so that it is uniform throughout the site? is there one php file that I can alter that could create this "table container" for me?

thx Kim!!

Good Morning Donato,

If you want the whole shop enclosed (header, middle and footer) with the same BG color add a <table><tr><td> to the header file above the tags that are there and </td></tr></table> to the end of the footer file.

If you are talking about only the center column of the middle section, you'll have to change all of the files in the catalog directory to add a table.

Archived