• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Affiliate Entry at Order

Have just installed OSC Affiliate 1.01. Still testing, but so far it appears to be working great!

In my particular application, affiliates may distribute pre-printed paper flyers that have our main website address, but the flyers will include the affiliates specific ID.

Has anyone added a field to the order screen that allows the customer to enter the affiliates ID number to provide credit for the sale? If so, did you need to add a hidden string in the background of the form field that inserts the number into a string to give credit?

Any assistance appreciated.

Regards,

Thomas Martin

I was discussing this today and the solution we came up with is on the main site have pages set up for affiliates without websites, i.e. http://yoursite/affilliatename-or-number.html and there is either a redirect that goes directly to the site with the coded affiliate link, or a click here to enter site button or text coded with the affiliate ID.

This is actually how a large number of affiliates for the large programs that have long comlicated urls handle offline and email links.

[no external urls in signatures please, kthanks]

Thanks for the suggestion. Sounds like a quick solution.

One thing you could consider insead of a redirect would be using a 100% frame as the affiliate page (i.e. http://yoursite/affilliatename-or-number.html ) with the main frame being the coded affiliate link.

I haven't tested this yet, but I would assume it would count as a "view" each time the page loads similar to the banner click through.

Thoughts?

Thanks for the suggestion. Sounds like a quick solution.

One thing you could consider insead of a redirect would be using a 100% frame as the affiliate page (i.e. http://yoursite/affilliatename-or-number.html ) with the main frame being the coded affiliate link.

I haven't tested this yet, but I would assume it would count as a "view" each time the page loads similar to the banner click through.

Thoughts?

This causes problems with being able to check out on some websites. If they are framed, the sessions don't getted passed correctly.

You can set a url to a redirect automatically on some web servers so that it is transparent to users

[no external urls in signatures please, kthanks]