• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Downloadable product..security issue

joongpark

Hello.

I am writing to ask about different method of distributing downloadable products.

If you sell about 10000 high priced downloadable products, it would not be good idea to put all the downloadable products into 1 folder....you get hacked once and your whole company is ruined. It would not also be a good idea to give access to those folder to customers.

I think better way would be a way to send the product as attachment if file is small enough.

Also another way would be sending a download link that is generated temporaly and expires after certain amount of days. Let's says customer buys abebook.zip...script creates tempraly folder dfkjskf/fdksjf/kdfjskd/ and places file there and sends the link to customer then after 3 days, folders and file is automatically deleted.

I am not a PHP programmer so I just would like to find out if this would be hard to program into Oscommerce. If it's possible, I would like to work on this with someone.

Thank you for your opinion and help.

• 4 years later...
Hello.

I am writing to ask about different method of distributing downloadable products.

If you sell about 10000 high priced downloadable products, it would not be good idea to put all the downloadable products into 1 folder....you get hacked once and your whole company is ruined. It would not also be a good idea to give access to those folder to customers.

I think better way would be a way to send the product as attachment if file is small enough.

Also another way would be sending a download link that is generated temporaly and expires after certain amount of days. Let's says customer buys abebook.zip...script creates tempraly folder dfkjskf/fdksjf/kdfjskd/ and places file there and sends the link to customer then after 3 days, folders and file is automatically deleted.

I am not a PHP programmer so I just would like to find out if this would be hard to program into Oscommerce. If it's possible, I would like to work on this with someone.

Thank you for your opinion and help.

I have a photos at http://www.jesphoto.net/osCommerce/catalog...ks/fire(01).zip

see if you can download this file

Archived