• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How long is a product a "new product"?

itchy

Is there some way to remove products from the new products and have them remain in the store. I change many of my date added fields to last year to get the order I wanted on the main catalog page, but how do they ever get removed from new products? What does p.product_status = '1' indicate in products_new.php? Does it indicate new or green/red?

In olden times the men were made of iron and the ships were made of wood; now it's the other way around. :wink:

use this http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,898

you can always adjust it in phpmyadmin

something like

UPDATE products SET products_date_added = '2003-04-01 12:00:00';

in depth:

'2003-04-01 12:00:00' this is the new date

NULL keep it NULL or set to a date

'2003-04-28%' change all records from field products_date_added that contains this date

but BE SURE WHAT YOU DO, you will change a whole day with this (i hope thats whats you need)

Robert

We all need to learn it once, how hard it may seem when you look at it, also you will master it someday ;)

That's how I control what's new for April, but how old of a date do you have to pick to get things off the new products list (what's new)? Apparently, 12-31-2002 is not old enough. I was hoping that with 60 products they wouldn't all have to be considered new.

In olden times the men were made of iron and the ships were made of wood; now it's the other way around. :wink:

Archived