• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

OsCommerce Stores Custom Design

eeleek

Hey guys, This has been on my head all day So i hope someone can share some of his rich knowledge with everyone. When i went to online demo stores i see custom designed stores with nice and other graphics. besides changing the /images is there any other way i can custom design my store? (take out the languages/currencies/ other colors/etc..) ?

whats the best way doing this?

is there any specific website that teaches how to modify the store to your own taste?

Thanks alot ! Knowledge is everything - Lets all share it !

Ilan`

You can get basic ideas here:

http://wiki.oscommerce.com/

A complete custom overhaul can take a lot more work though. I've done a few and some are easy (the ones that have the same basic layout) but some can be real bears (working on one of those right now as a matter of fact). Count on banging your head against the keyboard a bit before you get it right. :wink:

Hey i cant really find any information in that website, what i meant is what files to modify to custom build my store. If that websirte is good can you please specify where it has instructions and tips on how to do it ?

Ilan`

Why not install a second store that doesn't have to work and then hack and learn? Doing is almost always better than reading for learning and if it's a practice store you have nothing to lose but your time. When you're done you will have learned how to do what you want to do now and a lot more.

In olden times the men were made of iron and the ships were made of wood; now it's the other way around. :wink:

Archived