• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Big Probelm :/ Crying out loud for help

eeleek

When someone tries to create a new account or check "my account" button it goes to an Unknown page (404)

It tries to goto:

/catalog/create_account.php?osCsid=506330f707f95841bd12ff92c17eef39

Please if anyone can tell me how to fix this ! :roll:

Ilan`

It looks like both https://www.ronaiandronai.com/catalog/account.php and http://www.ronaiandronai.com/catalog/account.php cannot be found. I think this means account.php is missing from your installation since it can't be found even using non-secure access. You may still have an SSL problem as well like burt suggests.

In olden times the men were made of iron and the ships were made of wood; now it's the other way around. :wink:

must have ssl enabled?

Yes, your host must do this, as it requires some changes on the server you are hosted on. He'll no doubt charge you an appropriate fee.

If you set SSL to false in inclludes/configure.php, you can at least still test your install.

can i use the store without ssl encryption?  

I am going to useone of the cc gateways anyway :/

*cough* I won't shop there ... :shock:

My info isn't safe and obviously you don't care about me as a customer so I will pack up my credit card and go home ... :wink:

Hey but im going to use a 2checkout gateway, so do you think i still need ssl security?
The credit card info should be with 2checkout, but customers are likely to want their address, phone number, etc to be safe as well. SSL isn't that big a deal to get, there are many hosts that provide shared SSL for less than $10/month.

In olden times the men were made of iron and the ships were made of wood; now it's the other way around. :wink:

Thats true, though if i would buy an item from any store i wouldnt mind if there wouldnt be ssl for Address or so, noone would be interested in it anyway, thought the credit card proccessing will be ssl with 2checkout. So thanks everyone :)

Ilan`

i wouldnt mind if there wouldnt be ssl for Address or so, noone would be interested in it anyway
Apparently you aren't overrun by junk mail and spam like the rest of us. Many people are afraid of having their address and other personal info spread all over the internet.

Of course it's safe. A customer wouldn't be entering their credit card information on the site anyways so what's the big deal?

Personal Information such as address and phone ;)

Mark Evans

osCommerce Monkey & Lead Guitarist for "Sparky + the Monkeys" (Album on sale in all good record shops)

---------------------------------------

Software is like sex: It's better when it's free. (Linus Torvalds)

Imagine I'm a site owner selling widgets using SSL. I have 10,000 people buy widgets from me. Thats a nice little clean mailing list I can sell on. But, hang on! All those people who bought widgets used SSL to input their details...

Doh! The site owner can do what he wants, SSL or not.

So the question is, what does SSL mean to you *as a buyer*, now you know that the site owner can do exactly what he wants with your information (should he feel the need)...

==============================================

If I ever do start selling widgets, I probably wouldn't sell a list, unless the spammers offeren 1 MILLION dollars, us. :lol:

Archived