• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Something wrong with weight calculating!

Hi

There is something really wrong with the weight calculation in my shopping cart. When i add a item in the admin area and sets the weight to, -say, 3.00.

Then i go out in my shop and add it to the shopping cart and goes to check out. Then the shopping cart calculates the weight as 6 lb(s). I don?t understand?

Then i go back to the admin area and changes the weight to 5.00 just to see what happens, i it calculates the weight to 9 lb(s)??? Just for the fun of it i go back and set the weight to 0.00. When i do this the weight is shown as 3 lb(s). Pleas explain this, Is it a bugg maybee???

/Daniel

When i change it to zero (0) it calculates the weight to 3.3lbs. The weight on the product is set to 3.00.

It calculates the shipping cost as follows:

3.3lbs 130

But according to my panelsettings for weight cost, it should be calculated to 110. I don?t understand how the weight can be 3.3lbs when it?s set to 3.00.

3:110.00,5:130.00,

Weird.....

/Daniel

That is the 10% because you set the Tare to 0 so everything is considered a Large package now and you have defined add 10% ... same place. :D

Thank you...

Now it seems to work, so far. But why add 10% on large packages?

/Daniel

Hey, wait a minute here.....

Maybee this is the solution. I have problems with my cart. When i order two items of same product with the same weight. It calculates shipping cost for only one package and not for the increased weight or size.

Could this be the solution. No it can?t? I don?t get this??!!

Do you have any id? Linda?

/Daniel

I?m using the "zone rates".

I?m having big problems solving this. The tax calculating is not working for me either. When i have more than one tax zones activated it calculates the two zones together. For international shipping there is 25% Tax and in other European countries the tax varies.

When i place an order it looks like this with taxes:

FL Tax 25% + FL Tax 15%

Any id??

/Daniel

I am not very good at the zone module. I really do not have occaision to work with that one ... :shock:

/me tosses the ball to the next friendly person with a clue on this one ... 8)

Archived