• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

downloadable products

tandav

In the Admin ... Configuration ... Downloads ... you need to enable downloads. I also use the redirect.

Make sure to do a chmod on /pub is 777 and /download is 755

You files go into /download

The names are case sensative and I strongly recommend always zipping the file(s) to be downloaded.

Then, the Downloads Controller v5.3 (listed under 5.2) is handy for setting when the download is immediately available under the payment methods. It also includes Free Payment and Free Shipping modules. These show/hide based on $0 and 0 weight conditions.

In the Product Attributes, you can define your downloads per product ... once you have enabled the downloads feature.

WOW!

Thanks Linda, that was purrfect.

All I am lost on is the "Downloads Controller v5.3"

Where's this?

That's it... I promise not to bug you again.

Much gratitude....

David

:oops:

David Harry

WOW!

Thanks Linda, that was purrfect.

All I am lost on is the "Downloads Controller v5.3"

Where's this?

That's it... I promise not to bug you again.

Much gratitude....

David

:oops:

Never make promises you cannot keep ... this is php ... you will be back ... :D

Top left corner of the screen is the Downloads button ... hit that ... I think in Features or Other is is hiding ... peek in anything Downloads Controller until you see inside the v5.3 ... that is the lastest one for MS1 or any snapshot that has Payment modules with orders_status settings in the Admin.

Well there's only one file in downloads, I tried the MS1, downloaded latest version,snapshots... still can't find anything on the download controller?

whimper whine~

So I still don't know how to direct OSC to the file. No problems setting up the stuff you mentioned in the admin, I also chmod'ed everything as per.

Uploaded files into the download folder.

Just need to get it all together.

waaaaahhhh~

Dave

:roll:

David Harry

• 3 months later...

I followed this thread and was reading the readme file in the download controller.

In part it says:

Add the new configuration settings with the downloads_controller.sql file. This will add the new settings for the Admin.

I need help with this.

EXACTLY how and where do I run the sql file to do this?

Do I simply upload it to a specific directory or what do I do here?

Thanks,

Keith

Craig:

Thanks, that cleared up that part.

Now the readme says:

Add a new Order Status, I call mine Updated and check its value in the orders_status table. Then set the value in the Admin for:

Downloads Controller Update Status Value

I was able to add an order status called updated, but where do I check it's value in the orders_status table to set the value

This php and sql stuff is all new to me. I'm from the old mainframe batch processing days.

Thanks,

Keith

I found a way through the myphp interface to put in the value. It did not accept the full value but is recognizable.

I can set cash to the downloads controller update stat (us ) would not fit in the field.

I tried to set the echo credit card status to the same, but it does not show the order status setting.

From there i am lost again. I do not see how to specify a file to download upon successful credit card acceptance.

Any and all help appreciated.

warm regards,

Rev. Keith

Peek in the table orders_status via phpMyAdmin.

Check the value of orders_status_id for Updated ... most like this is 4

Set that value in the Admin for the Downloads Controller Order Status Value

That should get things working.

Then, set your Payment orders status to Pending (1) Processing (2) etc. for what you want to allow immediate downloads on.

Example: Money Orders set to Pending and it is not available until you move the order to Processing or higher in the Admin.

If you need to reset the date and downloads ... use Update and the values are reset ... ie 7 days and 5 downloads or whatever your settings are.

Thnaks, I also got help from the developers of this version.

They had me go to attributes and change the attribute at the bottom, which told it what file to download.

Tested and although the link is at the bottom of the page, it does work.

THank you one and all for your input.

Rev. Keith

Can I hijack your thread as no one is answering mine. I have done everything in this thread, including changing the orders status and still it doesn't work.

What did you have to change your attributes to. Currently I have the file name in there. What did you have to put?

And which page is the download link actually on?

Archived