• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How do I edit this?

When someone logs in I want it to say on the main page:

Welcome. You are logged in as Customer.

(If you're not Customer, click here.)

What do I have to edit, I edited english.php I can get the Welcome. part, but the second half doesn't work right, it shows a link. So what do I do? :D

If you REALLY want to know you can REALLY search the forum, this is not a new question....

I have, the search on this forum is whack, it lists over 500 pages.

Anyways as I stated though I found where to edit, but the second line does NOT work right, it only shows a URL and not the name (on the second line).

If you REALLY want to know you can REALLY search the forum, this is not a new question....

I have, the search on this forum is whack, it lists over 500 pages.

Anyways as I stated though I found where to edit, but the second line does NOT work right, it only shows a URL and not the name (on the second line).

And the answer should be in the first couple of pages worth. You can also go to http://wiki.oscommerce.com and read the documentation there...

[no external urls in signatures please, kthanks]

I'm stumped. I absolutely can not find it. :(

Maybe this will help:

define('TEXT_GREETING_PERSONAL', 'Welcome back <span class="greetUser">%s!</span> Would you like to see which <a href="%s"><u>new products</u></a> are available to purchase?');

I want that to say...

Welcome. You are logged in as Customer.

(If you're not Customer, click here.)

Also what is the significance of this:

define('TEXT_GREETING_PERSONAL_RELOGON', '<small>If you are not %s, please <a href="%s"><u>log yourself in</u></a> with your account information.</small>');

^^^ I never seen this in action before. ^^^

I'm guessing you have 3 %s in your TEXT_GREETING_PERSONAL. One for customer on the top line, one for customer on the second line, and one for the link. Because of this you need 3 arguments where the TEXT_GREETING_PERSONAL is used, one for each %s. When using sprintf, you need one argument for each % in the string. You probably want

$greeting_string = sprintf(TEXT_GREETING_PERSONAL, $customer_first_name, $customer_first_name, tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_NEW));

in includes/functions/general.php. $customer_first_name is in there twice because you want to display it twice.

In olden times the men were made of iron and the ships were made of wood; now it's the other way around. :wink:

Archived