• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

going live soon!

http://www.qeiracing.com/default.php

so far its taken me about 2 months to get the site where it is and im not even done. I love easy populate, i have 300 products in the database right now, but im adding and organizing another 2000 products.

let me know what you think of the site, also paypal ipn is in test mode, feel free to process an order. in a few days im going to erase all the test accounts and orders created and set the paypal ipn to the live mode.

Depending on how you have your shop centered, you could do it with 3 tables and set the outter color of the shop to blue so you do not get the big white flash between clicks.

That will drive a customer nuts ... :shock:

But it's looking nice, just a tad slow on the draws.

I like your store. It's not overly ornate which keeps the focus on your products. I randomly choose a product to look at and when to http://www.qeiracing.com/product_info.php?...roducts_id=7847 which has a price of $0.00 and looks easily worth twice that.:) All the products I looked at have "This product was added to our catalog on ." at the bottom; you should probably remove that or fix it. I like the way your categories work; is that a contribution or something you did yourself?

In olden times the men were made of iron and the ships were made of wood; now it's the other way around. :wink:

I like your store.  It's not overly ornate which keeps the focus on your products.  I randomly choose a product to look at and when to http://www.qeiracing.com/product_info.php?...roducts_id=7847 which has a price of $0.00 and looks easily worth twice that.:)  All the products I looked at have "This product was added to our catalog on ." at the bottom; you should probably remove that or fix it.  I like the way your categories work; is that a contribution or something you did yourself?

some products i havent add the price for, i just wanted to make sure they get in there with easy populate.

how do i remove "This product was added to our catalog on ." from the pages? i never noticed that.

for the categories that was a menu contribution i used.

i took the color out. what do you think now

I rather liked the color. Just needed a few settings in the tables to change it so the outter color did not flash between blue and white.

I see what Linda means. On each click, your store goes to white and redraws everything. At other osCommerce stores it only seems to erase below the header section.

In olden times the men were made of iron and the ships were made of wood; now it's the other way around. :wink:

hm... i used centershop contibution to center the shop but i cant seem to fix the white page during clicks, its starting to bug me now.

how do i remove "This product was added to our catalog on ." from the pages?
I think you comment out these three lines near the bottom of product_info.php
      <tr>

<td align="center" class="smallText"><br><?php echo sprintf(TEXT_DATE_ADDED, tep_date_long($product_info['products_date_added'])); ?></td>

</tr>

I'm going to add the menu contribution to our store.

how do i remove "This product was added to our catalog on ." from the pages?
I think you comment out these three lines near the bottom of product_info.php
      <tr>

<td align="center" class="smallText"><br><?php echo sprintf(TEXT_DATE_ADDED, tep_date_long($product_info['products_date_added'])); ?></td>

</tr>

I'm going to add the menu contribution to our store.

thanks alot that worked.

Did you use menuBar_0_2_1.zip for the menus?

I remembered why I have a tendency to not use contributions. It's a combination of don't know what their name is, don't know what category they are in, and have no idea what I'm getting until after all the installation work is done.

NOTE: if you wish to remain on the My Store forum ... please read the Sticky Topic for this forum and add the osCommerce link to your footer. Thanks, Linda

NOTE: if you wish to remain on the My Store forum ... please read the Sticky Topic for this forum and add the osCommerce link to your footer. Thanks, Linda

i thought since i changed the look of the site i could remove it?

i thought since i changed the look of the site i could remove it?

From the Sticky for this forum:

Not only do the general forum rules apply here, but any stores discussed here must have the "Powered by osCommerce" text displayed. Not only are you using osCommerce, but you will also receive valuable advice from the osCommerce community. If your site does not contain this, the posting will be deleted.

Thanks!

it does not have to be a link. The rules set by harald for this forum clearly state that only the text must be displayed. they say nothing about a link. that is purely up to the store owner whether to have the text link back or not.

The only thing necessary for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing

- Edmund Burke

it does not have to be a link.  The rules set by harald for this forum clearly state that only the text must be displayed.  they say nothing about a link.  that is purely up to the store owner whether to have the text link back or not.

*link* was not the *best* word ... you are correct that it does not have to be a literal link back the wonderful site that brought you to a point of having such a magnificent shop in the first place ... :wink:

Archived