• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Banner Manager problem...please help...

I installed OSCommerce for a client yesterday, and today went about customizing it. Unfortunately, php is a weak point for me. I am somewhat familiar with it, but do not know it well by any means. Anyway, the problem that I have encountered now is:

When trying to add a new banner through the banner manager, I encountered the following warnings at the top of the page:

Warning: move_uploaded_file(/home/omega3/public_html/catalog/catalog/images/rlogo.gif) [function.move-uploaded-file]: failed to create stream: Permission denied in /home/omega3/public_html/catalog/catalog/admin/includes/classes/upload.php on line 82

Warning: move_uploaded_file() [function.move-uploaded-file]: Unable to move '/tmp/php5qHyar' to '/home/omega3/public_html/catalog/catalog/images/rlogo.gif' in /home/omega3/public_html/catalog/catalog/admin/includes/classes/upload.php on line 82

Error: Graphs directory is not writeable.

Now...I could hard code banners into the page, but since this is for a client, and not for myself, I want to make it as easy as possible for the client to change things for himself in the future. I opened upload.php, and looked at line 82, and found nothing that sent off alarm bells. As for the graphs directory, I am not sure. I set permissions for the images directory at 777...actually, I tried several different chmod settings and still get that same error. Ugh :shock:

If anyone could give me an idea of where to go from here to fix that, I would be eternally grateful, lol :lol:

Thanks!

Thank you so much! That worked great. Now if I could just figure out where exactly the banner is on the site...I uploaded successfully, and then set the new banner active, the turned off the old banner. Went to the cart and no change? LOL! I will probably figure it out if I keep messing with it :wink:

Thanks again for your help!

Check that the name of the Banner Group matches the name of the banner group used in the footer.php or where ever you have the code calling the banner.

Example: 468x50 is a Banner Group name not a size ... that is coincidence designed to confuse the unwary ... 8)

Sure thing ...

I have to look if I updated the Banner Manager Controller that I wrote for MS1 or not. If I did, it's over in the contributions ... if not, it's on the list of things to do ... :D

Archived