• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Start up problems

fender

Hello, I am really new at this so any info would be great :D

I followed the (hopefully) correct instructions and uploaded the /admin & /catalogue to my test directory for testing and starting of the OSC shopping cart.

I get 2 errors (warnings) when I try to configure it

Warning: Failed opening '/home/ben**rst/public_html/ :!: /catalog/includes/data/rates.php' for inclusion (include_path='') in /home/ben**rst/public_html/fender/admin/includes/include_once.php on line 4

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/bend**st/public_html/fender/admin/includes/functions/database.php on line 39

the ** are removed text

I think the main problem is where I placed the :!:

it is missing the path or something ??

could anyone help or point me in the right direction to learn how to better handle these warnings

thanks so much !! :D

FenDer BenDer

Ok got problem #2

I cannot install a database

I have one created on my ISP and think I have all the login and passwords correct as well as the hosting info but I cannot install on it

I keep getting the same error "acces denied"

MySQL 3.23.56 running on localhost

this is what my ISP is running for mysql is that ok, or is that version a problem../

I pulled a few hairs out on this one !?!?

FenDer BenDer

At one of my hosts, if I ask for a database named mydb with a user named paul, I get a database named mydomain_mydb with a user named mydomain_paul. Something like this could be the source of your problem.

In olden times the men were made of iron and the ships were made of wood; now it's the other way around. :wink:

I took that in to account and tried it, still comes up with the same problems..I have contacted my ISP, they will be of little use since it is not there software i am using, I have been at this for over 5 hours my brain really hurts :cry:

I am so close...

FenDer BenDer

I am on the last stages of configuring my OSC

I want to add DEFAULT.PHP to my directory index listing in the httpd.conf file but alas it is no where to be found ??

any idea's

FenDer BenDer

You must ask your host admin to add this to httpd.conf.... if they refuse there are other solutions to be found.... search these forums for .htaccess

Easiest is to rename catalog/default.php to index.php and in catalog/includes/application_top.php change

define('FILENAME_DEFAULT', 'default.php');

to:

define('FILENAME_DEFAULT', 'index.php');

oops.... forgot to say... change change the name of default.php in your catalog/includes/languages/english folder also..... :?

Archived