• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

OrderCheck v1.2 Released!

moyashi

Get your fix here http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1168

here's a brief summary:

- Radical code changes in how data was being sent to SQL. I ended up using the process code from osC since I wasn't happy with what I had written on my own.

- Added OrderID column to the listing

- Added Code to check if orders match between "OrderCheck" and "Orders" ... Light indicators too!

- Erased the code that filtered out COD and Money Orders ... why? Ahh, thought it'd be nice to have a total backup system.

NewsDesk(934) / FAQDesk(1106) / OrderCheck(1168) :::

:oops: instruction error found by a user :D

In the installation file for the catalog side I forgot to rename a file that is being called.

#### [ ADD ] ############################################################

<?php

//BEGIN -- OrderCheck

>>>>>>>>> require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . FILENAME_HOLDING_ORDERS_BACKUP);<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

//END -- OrderCheck

?>

The filename should be ::: FILENAME_ORDERCHECK_FUNCTIONS

Sorry about the mess up. :oops:

Also, a word of warning until I can write the code for this. You need to stay on top of the orders. I noticed that the red/green light indicators will start to show wrongly if the ID numbers between "Orders" and "OrderCheck" are different.

ie :::

Orders 1,2,3,6

OrderCheck 1,2,3,5,6 <<< this will show correctly

However,

Orders 1,2,6

OrdersCheck 1,2,3,4,6 (so far so good) and 7 (whamo .. 6 might be a bad order while in Orders 6 was fine and OrderCheck increased by 1 to 7 causing the error)

solution :: Provide a check in the regular Orders transaction to increase the Order ID count to match OrdersCheck.

any ideas?

:arrow: forgot to mention .... this is not a fatal error or flaw .. just a indicator problem ... move and such will still work without hickups ... hope I'm not wrong :roll:

OK, looks like I got this minor problem solved. Not too happy since you need to go into checkout_process.php and make a few changes.

So, before I go ahead and clean up code, fix the area found above, and add it to the contribution list.

Are there any requests?

• 1 year later...

Hi Moyashi

Firstly can I say this contribution solved a very big issue for me.

I have one issue remaining.

I am not using the autoincrement orderid, I am using the following

in file checkout_confirmation.php

$r1 = rand(1,9);

$t1 = date("zHis");

$insert_id = $t1.$r1;

$orderid = $t1.$r1;

and in file checkout_process.php

if (!$orderid)

{

//Generation of the order_id

$r1 = rand(1,9);

$t1 = date("zHis");

$insert_id = $t1.$r1;

$orderid = $t1.$r1;

}

else

{

$insert_id = $orderid;

}

The problem I have is that checkout_process.php is unable to see the $orderid that was generated by checkout_confirmation.php, and the $orderid is recalculated giving a diferent number in the holding tables to the one in orders.

The file ordercheck_functions.php can see this variable so I presume it is something to do with passing to the variable to the form checkout_process.php by checkout_confirmation.php.

I need this $orderid generation for the HSBC credit card module.

Can you help, please.

Regards

Raj Bangar

SimplySpice (UK)

Buy bargain Indian food ingredients online here

Bring the taste of India to your home with SimplySpice - Indian foods & spices delivered directly to your door. Free delivery for orders over ?25 - one of the widest ranges of Indian food online.