• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Uploading a backup OSCOMMERCE database

micetrap

Hello... I currently have a problem. I receivedly switched to a new server and I am unable to upload my OSCOMMERCE databases. The database is approx. 10 mbs and 1/2 way through the upload, it stops or says CONTAINS NO DATA. I am pretty sure there is a setting on the server that can be adjusted not to time out, but the server admin isn't sure how to do this. Has anyone faced this problem and what can be done to get the database backup to properly upload?

Linda was talking about this problem the other day with large databases...... she splits the .sql dump file... into three I think she said

Does your server allow SSH connections? If so, it's rather easy to do using it.

Here is a good, free client:

http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatha...y/download.html

FTP the .sql file on to your server. Then connect using SSH to your server (which is probably the same username and password as your FTP), login and type this:

mysql -u{username} -p {database} < /path/to/backup.sql

Replacing:

{username} with your MySQL username.

{database} with your MySQL database name.

/path/to/dump.sql with the complete path to your backup file. (for example, /home/www/yoursite/my_backup.sql)

Is there a program that will split up the database? I am going to get my admin to give me shell access to try to do it through telnet, but if it's possible to split the database, that may be just as easy.

Is there a program that will split up the database? I am going to get my admin to give me shell access to try to do it through telnet, but if it's possible to split the database, that may be just as easy.

You could probably just open it up as a text file, and cut and paste the parts into 3 different files.

For some reason, it is giving all kinds of errors on some sections. I have been pulling my hair out for a week and some friends have become just as frustrated. I have all this infomation to get to work, yet it won't take the file. I had the same problem with a phpbb forum and ended up starting over and losing 3000 members.

When I try to get the _users db to go, I get this error:

MySQL said:

You have an error in your SQL syntax near ''0',

`user_active` tinyint(1) default '1',

`username` varchar(25) NOT ' at line 2

Archived