• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Help OSC Suddenly is looping

We are just about to go live on Monday. All was working perfectly. During testing I had added several transactions to my test account. I went into the admin and deleted the orders just to clean out the account and now the system will not complete a transaction. It will go to confirm order, then loops back to payment information. I tried creating a new user to see if was specific to my test account and not the case. It loops no matter who's logged in.

Anyone have any ideas? I'm really confused by this. :?

Sure, www.turbo-date.com/members

By the way I had backed up my db about three hours ago (when it was working) so I restored it which put those deleted transactions back into the system, hoping that would repair the problem. No go. Its still loops. Its set up with paypal but the cod is currently enabled also for testing. You can register & register for an event and use that but you'll never make to the end.

Any help is much appreciated. I feel like I have a grimlin :cry:

It looked so good and worked perfect!!!!

Well, I just registered for an event using Testy Testor. It went completely through although it was very slow in a couple of places. I used Netscape 7.0.

A couple of questions.....What browser did you test it with? I saw no session id's, do you have the Search Engine Friendly URLs turned on? Is the .htaccess file that was included with the original download in your catalog directory?

Thanks guys. My computer has been doing weird things lately. Its overworked like its owner. Yes the httaccess is there, but I will have to check re: the friendly URLs.

By the way this was my first rodeo with OSC, how does it look?

Ruth In AZ

Coming along nicely.

Sometimes ... and I have no proper, logical explination for this as clearing cache is not enough ... when the program refuses to do what you know is right ... closing *all* the browser windows ... and then clearing the cache magically fixes it. 8)

It kinda' stretches out of whack in 1024x768......I take you designed it at 800x600? Also your infoBoxare are really narrow......The colors and graphics look nice though. It's inviting. :D

I agree on the boxes. I've asked hmmmm about 10 times how to edit them, but everyone tells me in the application_top.php unfortunately I have Ians's snapshot version of MS1 and that info is some unknown place. I've looked till I'm blue in the face with no luck. If anyone else knows where it might be I would really be happy to fix those pesky boxes.

Yes, your right about developing in 800x600. I used to always develop in 1024x768 and then I had several customers that for whatever reason always had their screens at the lower setting and the sites then look awful. I normally just set everything at 100% so it all works out fine, but this is first time I've tried to work within someone else's template and I don't seem to have that option. Any tips would be gladly accepted I'm going to rework the header image. As a matter of fact, I reduced it so, I'll pull out my psd and work on that to at least have the header properly extend. Hopefully my client's customers will find it inviting.

Thanks for jumping in there, both of you. By the way Linda you were exactly right. I rebooted and voilla all was back. I gotta tell you I was panicking!! Thanks again.

Ruth in AZ

Ian got a little overzealous when working and some how deleted the setting for the boxes....It should have been it this group.....

// customization for the design layout

define('TAX_DECIMAL_PLACES', '0'); // Pad the tax value this amount of decimal places

define('DISPLAY_PRICE_WITH_TAX', 'false'); // Display prices with tax (true) or without tax (false)

define('BOX_WIDTH', '125'); // how wide the boxes should be in pixels (default: 125)

Just add the neccessary line/lines to your application top.

do you want the shop fixed or adaptive?

Now why didn't I think of that. I had the line of code, but as I'm still learning the true design of the app., was afraid I would mess somthing up in another area by placing that in the file. Well at least folks know now that I wasn't blind it just wasn't there. Anyway much better now.

Ruth since you are not using the right column you might want to increase the box width even a bit more 150 to 165 pixels is a good width. One othe small note...did you notice the the shop name doesn't show in your browser's top bar? there should be a define in includes/languages/english.php like this:

// page title

define('TITLE', 'YOUR SHOP NAME GOES HERE');

Hi Ruth,

had a quick look at your site.

your top image/logo is 47K ! Way too large !

Why ? Because photos should be JPEGS and flat color/ simple artwork should be GIFS !

The best way to do your logo would be to slice it up (so each part is saved as a GIF or JPEG ) using Fireworks or Dreamweaver and then insert the HTML tables into your header.php .

Oh and your web server uses http://turbo-date.com as the default instead of www.turbo-date.com ....you may want this changed.

(Users prefer seeing the www bit. Both should work just www needs to be the main one.)

Just my opinions !

Ramesh

Special Effects / 3d + Flash

Also,

The contact link on the main intro page should go to a PHP feedback form

(Rather than a mailto: link) .

Why ?

Because quite a few users may be using a friends PC or in a internet cafe/cyber centre. When they click on the contact link , it will use the PC owners email account, not their own.

Also maybe seeing a few success stories about Speed Dating couples and Speed Dating in the press (TV , newspapers , mags ,radio ) may help.

( It was originally started by a Jewish Rabbi in order to help Jewish couples to meet I think. )

and featured in the US TV series S** and the City .

Regards,

Ramesh

Special Effects / 3d + Flash

Archived