• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Cateries - How to remove the Category Name under image?

wade

Hate to preface, but this board is so huge, I'll do so: I've searched for way longer than I would anywhere else before asking a question, and I couldn't find anything along these lines...

For my categories, I have images and am using my own text under the image name. I want to remove the Category Title that osCommerce puts under the Category image. I'm pretty sure this is in default.php, and I've tried a few things, but no luck. Anyone done this, and can help me out? Much appreciated!

There are 3 sections to default.php ...

Look for HEADING_TITLE and temporarily change to:

HEADING_TITLE . '1'

HEADING_TITLE . '2'

HEADING_TITLE . '3'

Now move through the default.php by clicking the Categories at various levels or the Manufactures and see where the numbers show.

Then you can decide what you want to change.

If you try what I suggested, you will see the 3 sections of code and within a few lines of it find the area with the images you want to get rid of.

It helps to understand how this page works.

Hi, yes, I did try it, however, it's the sub-category TITLE I want to rid and "accessories" title was unaffected. Want to keep all my images!

If you take a look at the URL:

http://www.salesorderpro.com/catalog/defau...lt.php?cPath=21

and see that i have an "Accessories" image there, that has the title in the image, and then underneath it, is the text "accessories" title that osCommerce puts. It's this text title that osCommerce puts under sub-category images, that I want to remove.

My apologies for not being more clear.

If you had searched for the HEADING_TITLE ... within about 3 finds you'd of found the line about 10 lines below:

echo '                <td align="center" class="smallText" style="width: ' . $width . '" valign="top"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, $cPath_new) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $categories['categories_image'], $categories['categories_name'], SUBCATEGORY_IMAGE_WIDTH, SUBCATEGORY_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '<br>' . $categories['categories_name'] . '</a></td>' . "n";

Sorry if I was not clearer ... I was just trying to help you get more familar with the default.php file as it can be a bit daunting at first.

Once you have fooled with it a bit, it starts to make sense. :D

• 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...
Hate to preface, but this board is so huge, I'll do so: I've searched for way longer than I would anywhere else before asking a question, and I couldn't find anything along these lines...

For my categories, I have images and am using my own text under the image name. I want to remove the Category Title that osCommerce puts under the Category image. I'm pretty sure this is in default.php, and I've tried a few things, but no luck. Anyone done this, and can help me out? Much appreciated!

I'm having this same problem... (removing the text links under categories).

For some reason, I can't seem to locate the file (default.php) that Linda suggests editing for the fix in my catalog? Where is that? It's not in my root directory. :blush:

Ed

Archived