• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class

Well I looked around and I cant seem to find an answer but I keep getting this error below. But it is sporadic, if I click refresh then its ok. One language only. Or maybe because the store is loaded in a frame? Im confused on this one. Site main URL is www.the-rage.com. Any help would be appreciated.

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class language in

/cgi-bin/store/catalog/includes/classes/language.php on line 16

• 2 months later...

Its been awhile since I had that problem but I do remember that I had the

[/code]include(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'language.php');

twice in application_top.php from doing a mod and copied it twice.

• 3 months later...

My site which I just copied the files to has been doing the same thing. Please take a look at www.optimizethis.com/catalog to see what I am talking about. It says "Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class language in /home/content/o/p/t/optimizethis/html/catalog/includes/classes/language.php on line 16"

It says this in place of the bottom right box where normally it would let you choose the language.

I just downloaded the .zip file for the entire script 2 days ago so it's very current. I searched the application_top.php file for a 2nd occurence of

include(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'language.php');

However I only see one occurence. My files have not been altered since the download so if you have any questions as to the contents of my files, they have not been modified.

Also if it helps you any, when I install the script initially it gives me 3 error messages pertaining to line 33 of the index.php file. I went into the languages directory and saw that there was no language.php file so I stuck one in that I found in includes/classes and it actually allowed me to view the site almost perfect except for the fact that now I keep getting the before mentioned error.

Could I be sticking the wrong language.php file in the languages directory? Am I not supposed to do this at all? Please let me.

-Chris

Archived