• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Since Frozen is just that ... 'frozen', and any new development is being done on 'Edge', I propose posting any bugs and/or fixes for Frozen here. This will allow shop owners that are using Frozen to patch their shop as bugs are identified and fixed. I'll start:

In the Also Purchased module ... There is a tiny mistake in cm_pi_also_purchased.php. Line 62 has "Enable Reviews Module" instead of "Enable Also Purchased Module".

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been thinking of doing the same. Here are some changes that should be made (not all are mistakes):

1 - In includes/modules/content/product_info\templates/tpl_cm_pi_price.php, the variables in sprintf are in the wrong order. Change

<h2 class="h3 text-right-not-xs"><?php echo (tep_not_null($specials_price)) ? sprintf(MODULE_CONTENT_PI_PRICE_DISPLAY_SPECIAL, $specials_price, $products_price) : sprintf(MODULE_CONTENT_PI_PRICE_DISPLAY, $products_price); ?></h2>

to

<h2 class="h3 text-right-not-xs"><?php echo (tep_not_null($specials_price)) ? sprintf(MODULE_CONTENT_PI_PRICE_DISPLAY_SPECIAL, $products_price, $specials_price) : sprintf(MODULE_CONTENT_PI_PRICE_DISPLAY, $products_price); ?></h2>

2 -  In languages/create_account_success.php change priviledges to privileges.

3 - In languages/shopping_cart.php change two instances of "don't" to "don\'t".

4 - In languages/shopping_cart.php change "immediate deliver" to "immediate delivery".  

5 - In includes/application_top, add the deprecated flag to prevent future warnings and disable display errors since it is a security hole by changing

error_reporting(E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE & ~E_DEPRECATED & ~E_STRICT);

to

error_reporting(E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE & ~E_DEPRECATED & ~E_STRICT & ~E_USER_DEPRECATED);
  ini_set('display_errors','0'); 

6 - In includes/template_top.php, change the version number to the current one because some icons being used won't work in V 5.0.6.

<script defer src="https://use.fontawesome.com/releases/v5.0.6/js/all.js"></script>

to

<script defer src="https://use.fontawesome.com/releases/v5.0.9/js/all.js"></script>

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

13 minutes ago, wHiTeHaT said:

if switch to php 7.X
many undefined constants.

This doesn't help too much. You should tell us which and the fixes.

This is not a fix for a coding bug, but a good praxis improvement:

• customer creates account
  • customer fills in a wrong state name which doesn't match any database state name
  • error is thrown "please select a state from the drop down menu"
  • the first alphabetic state is selected by default
  • customer doesn't pay attention and the first default state is submitted
  • solution: add "Please select" as default to the menu

create_account.php, address_book_details.php, checkout_new_address.php:

change:

if ($entry_state_has_zones == true) {
            $zones_array = array();

to:

if ($entry_state_has_zones == true) {
            $zones_array = array(array('id' => '', 'text' => PULL_DOWN_DEFAULT));

all others post the fixes, but ok, you are right in the strict sense

10 hours ago, wHiTeHaT said:

excellent that saves me the bother!

...but I think it's going to mess up people's github projects with merge issues if it's not another fork of the same ancestor. I'll have a go and we'll see what happens

Contact me for work on updating existing stores - whether to Phoenix or the new osC when it's released.

Looking for a payment or shipping module? Maybe I've already done it.

Working on generalising bespoke solutions for Quickbooks integration, Easify integration and pay4later (DEKO) integration at 2.3.x

I guess there's going to be a bit of self-moderating going on then :tongue:

Contact me for work on updating existing stores - whether to Phoenix or the new osC when it's released.

Working on generalising bespoke solutions for Quickbooks integration, Easify integration and pay4later (DEKO) integration at 2.3.x

As a store owner, I don't want to have to visit Github (or wherever) to see if there are any patches I need to apply to my live store(s). For me, I was very happy when Edge/Final/Frozen was 'finished'. That's not to say that there aren't any bugs still in it. That's the reason for this thread ... a place to document bugs, and hopefully fixes.

I am also pleased that development is still happening. Keep it up, guys. Use this thread as a source of information to improve your forks. But please, for this thread, let's keep it just for Edge/Final/Frozen, ok?

5 hours ago, CGhoST said:

With the latest final/frozen anyone else having problems with the site jerking on refresh?

Does for a second but on every refresh the site jumps to the right and back.

@CGhoST On all pages? What modules do you have enabled?

I belive its always done this, you get what looks like a jerk but its just the switch from text to images on refresh. This (link) is fresh install of frozen with no addons ot tinkering. On refresh the logo is replaced with text for a micro second before returning to logo which gives a jerking effect. Unless you are seeing somethig diferent?

http://www.justfastfood.com/

What Zahid described, every website does. @CGhoST pm me your url

I would say thats normal. You see the image's alt text until the images are loaded. It may be more or less noticeable depending if you have the images already in cache or not, if they are bigger or smaller and the speed of your connection and server response.

If you're experiencing jerking in the navbar, it's going to be the fontawsome icon causing it.

There is a different version of fontawesome in CE since last September, and they are now vector graphics. Perhaps it's the speed with which your browser handles vector graphics; I don't have a noticeable flicker.

If you fix a width for .fa-home in your user.css, the rest of the navbar won't move.

The navbar movement is likely to be visible on mobile; the rest probably not. I'd stick with fixing that if it bothers you.

If you want to eliminate content moving altogether, you'll need site-specific solutions and lots of core changes. IMO CE does it very little and your time would be better spent investing in good content and SEO. As far as user experience is concerned, loading in a fraction of the time of a wordpress site is much more significant.

However, if you want to set the minimum height of the gallery container to stop the buttons at the bottom of the product page moving, you can do it in user.css with media queries for the various layouts.

Ok needs something a bit cleverer

ol.breadcrumb:first-child a { display: inline-block; width: 16px; }

5 minutes ago, BrockleyJohn said:

Ok needs something a bit cleverer

ol.breadcrumb:first-child a { display: inline-block; width: 16px; }

Yes that defiantly stops the jerking on breadcrumb. But look what its done to it. Or have I missed somthing?

image.png.c5f781c293b9fc1f3b4755fcc121a735.png

• burt changed the title to Frozen bug list

Archived