• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Cant place items in a shopping cart - please HELP !!!

My site is babyfavorsandgifts.com, I am running v2.3.4 bootstrap and it has been working for a while, but last month my hosting company was taken over by another company. New company without any notice transferred me to a new server with different set up, and ever since i have been getting one issue after another. Now i just found out that for a few days no one can place items in a shopping cart - please help, and i just couldn't understand why all of a sudden i have no business!  Thank you !!!!

Thank you Malcolm,

very much, we were able to fix an issue with the new host, they changed PHP version on us and it was causing the issue. Now everything works but i am getting error messages

[12-May-2018 22:58:30 UTC] PHP Deprecated:  Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; cm_footer_text has a deprecated constructor in /home.../includes/modules/content/footer/cm_footer_text.php on line 13
[12-May-2018 22:58:30 UTC] PHP Deprecated:  Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; cm_footer_extra_copyright has a deprecated constructor in /home.../includes/modules/content/footer_suffix/cm_footer_extra_copyright.php on line 13
[12-May-2018 22:58:30 UTC] PHP Deprecated:  Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; cm_footer_extra_icons has a deprecated constructor in /home.../includes/modules/content/footer_suffix/cm_footer_extra_icons.php on line 13

What version of PHP did they set it at?....it looks like it is still set at a level higher then it should be for the version of osC that you're using.  I assume you're running an older version of osC GOLD?

Dan

42 minutes ago, Dan Cole said:

What version of PHP did they set it at?....it looks like it is still set at a level higher then it should be for the version of osC that you're using.  I assume you're running an older version of osC GOLD?

Dan

9 minutes ago, ArtcoInc said:

@Lary_an

1) Ask if your host can to set the PHP to v5.6 (for now)

2) Prepare to migrate your shop to Edge soon

Malcolm

Thank you for your help, i really appreciate it.  I am running bootstrap. latest version. I am afraid to ask them to do anything, because when they fix one thing they break another, so for now it works and i will try to fix errors on my own. Every time they help, my site is down for day. i really liked the support i had before they acquired the company, and now it is absolutely horrible.

@Lary_an

Unfortunately, that really doesn't tell us much. While working on the bootstrap version, Burt chose not to change the version number with each release.

The bootstrap community version has been in development since 2014. Burt froze the Gold release on 01/08/2015, and Edge is still in development. Edge went from v2.3.4 to v2.3.4.1 on 08/30/2017.

So, every version, up to the 08/30/2017 release of Edge, will say v2.3.4.

Regardless ... if you download the latest version of Edge (link in my signature below), you can find the three files listed in the error message, and using a file compare program (such as WinMerge), see what has changed, and update your site accordingly.

Malcolm

Larry...you'll need to change all the classes....not a simple task...or mask the error messages...not ideal.   I would ask your host to roll the PHP level back to 5.6 as suggested by Malcolm and consider getting a new host if you're not being supported properly.  Changing the PHP should be a no brainer for your host...if you have access to your cpanel you might even be able to do it yourself.

Dan

Larry - Insert the following line into the includes/application_top.php file after the line that starts with error_reporting (near the top). This isn't a fix and you should update the code as suggested, but it should stop the messages from being seen on the shop.

ini_set('display_errors','0'); 

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

@Lary_an

When confronted with a problem, one can do one of three things: ignore it, treat the symptom, or treat the cause.

As more and more hosts upgrade their systems (the version of PHP, in this case), old software will have problems. You can:

* Turn off the error messages (ignore the problem), or

* Ask your host to downgrade the version of PHP (treat the symptom), or

* Start upgrading your shop to the newer version of osC (treat the cause). However, to try and incrementally upgrade your existing shop is, as @Dan Cole said, not a simple task.

My suggestion(s) would be:

1) Downgrade your version of PHP, to keep the store running temporarily (treat the symptom), then

2) Invest the time to move your store to the Edge version of osC (treat the cause).

Oh, and I also agree with @Dan Cole ... consider getting a better host.

Malcolm

PS: Did you look into the issue I identified in my earlier post? If your site is live, you really should replace the text in your Purchase Without Account message on your Sign In page.

PPS: I fixed the link to Edge in my signature. Thank you for pointing that out.

Archived