• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Warn on Duplicate UPC

MyBookShop

As my shop and categories grow larger it would be nice if the [New Product] input could warn on duplicate UPC.

If UPC was the first thing input this could reduce duplicate products appearing in different categories.

Please?

You would need to add a check if the UPC already exists when a new product is inserted/product is updated.

If it aleready exists, error should be shown and submission aborted.

All of this needs to be done in admin/categories.php within the action:

case 'insert_product':
      case 'update_product':

hope this helps

Rainer

array of existing UPC (gtin)'s is not retrieved if creating a new product. How should the check then work with javascript before submission?

Or do I miss something and you suppose a query to get the list should be added at the top of file?

Edited by raiwa

2 minutes ago, raiwa said:

array of existing UPC (gtin)'s is not retrieved if creating a new product. How should the check then work with javascript before submission?

Or do I miss something and you suppose a query to get the list should be added at the top of file?

$.post it to a processing script onBlur.

Similar as this:
http://www.clubosc.com/unique-product-models-in-oscommerce.html

Edited by burt

Burt, I will donate another $80USD for this and add the ability to search on UPC in the customer shop.

Its a good change (benefits every store) and it should go into the core but a plugin would be fine i guess..

Edited by MyBookShop