• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Updated Stripe payment module

14steve14

🙄well failed at first hurdle, installed stripe to look at the api update and can do nothing with out having a developer account to get test API keys.

Stock install is API Version: 2014-05-19  and on testing gives no warnings that its out of date or due to stop working!

image.png.4c407bdebb1840297c9e10fb78cea377.png

So looks like it's down to someone who has and account and access to the developer dashboard at stripe.

15 hours ago, JcMagpie said:

Maybe this is why no one is rushing to update the module?

image.png.55df75414760573fbc65b1d8521cd100.png

Using that logic why does anyone use PayPal??

That said I am prepared to help if I can. I cannot give you access to my account dashboard but I could possibly give you Keys to do test transactions and, at a suitable time convenient for both of us, give you live feedback as to results. Here is the Stripe page with the coding changes, it is way above my paygrade. https://stripe.com/docs/payments/payment-methods

The current code I believe uses tokens

image.jpeg.e7ef6e1d16f1edab71976c0539c3be86.jpeg

Live shop Phoenix 1.0.8.4 on PHP 7.4 Working my way up the versions.

😂 exactly my point, they all have terrible reviews online makes you wonder why people use them!

I've been pushing most of my customers to try and use direct online payments as most banks now offer this as free and instant payment system. You have to sell it a little but those that understand are happy to use it.

It gives your customers do not have to supply you with any personal payment details and they are in full control of payment. May not be option for all but it's a good alternative. Bonus for seller no fees and instant mayment.

As to the add-on as it's a certified one It's best left to a professional, I'm just a bit supprised that only a hadfull of people appear to be intrested in this? or are the rest just aware of the issue?

Already have a BACS module on the site. Its the littlest used of the payment options that we offer, but great when it is used as no fees to pay. PayPal is the second most popular as that's what people recognise and Stripe is the most popular for card payments for now until the module no longer works as payments will be refused. Have removed cheques since the local branch closed and its too far to drive for one cheque.

May have found an alternative if there is no one that feels that they can update the Stripe module. I have even put the job on People per hour and got many replies but very few that could answer the follow up questions so that didnt work.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

They do have alternatives to making your own code.

If you are not a developer or otherwise don’t have the means to manually build a Stripe integration, there are third-party services that integrate with Stripe and can help with building your website and setting up your storefront without the need to know how to code.

https://stripe.com/works-with/type/extension/category/payment-methods

https://stripe.com/works-with

The impact of SCA on your business can vary depending on the type of purchase, whether you charge a customer during or after checkout, and even which bank your customer uses. Stripe has designed SCA-ready payment APIs and products to help you manage this complexity and minimize the impact of SCA on your checkout conversion.

Looks a bit confusing to me as they aren't clear if it will impact or not, all depends on how banks implament it. Also I imagine it will only impact sites that take card details directly, if your using a third party so never take or store the card info I would think this may not affect you. Not sure maybe i've got it wrong? I dare say we will find out in a few months.

Also it looks like stripe are behind the Magento module not the cart. So maybe you should contact them about getting osC module updaed.

"Stripe is now working with Cryozonic Ltd. to make it easy for Magento merchants to integrate Stripe payments. Starting in May 2019, we will provide the entire suite of Cryozonic Stripe modules for free (including future upgrades). Cryozonic’s products have been republished under Stripe’s Magento Extensions License Agreement. "

https://stripe.com/docs/magento/cryozonic

https://code.stripe.com/magento/cryozonic-m2-stripe-2.4.0.tgz

Most look to be made by a third party and some are paid only,

Woocommerce Stripe ACH Gateway

image.png.aea751f878b99fd984f532003b9719aa.png

• 1 month later...
On 6/12/2019 at 3:59 PM, 14steve14 said:

Already have a BACS module

Would you mind telling me which one this is as I now have to find a BACS module to work with 2.3.4.1 Frozen... 

Ah, the world wide web. What a wonderful place.

On 7/24/2019 at 11:13 AM, freakystreak said:

Would you mind telling me which one this is as I now have to find a BACS module to work with 2.3.4.1 Frozen... 

I use the version from 20th May 2014 My site is only running Edge at the minute but I see no reason why it wont work on Frozen.

https://apps.oscommerce.com/1x52L&bank-transfer-payment-option

23 hours ago, 14steve14 said:

I use the version from 20th May 2014 My site is only running Edge at the minute but I see no reason why it wont work on Frozen.

https://apps.oscommerce.com/1x52L&bank-transfer-payment-option

Cheers mate, will take a look at it. Many thanks

Ah, the world wide web. What a wonderful place.

Has anybody got any updates, tricks or soluitions to making Stripe payment module and Oscommerce work properly to satisfy the upcoming "  Strong Customer Authentication (SCA) " rules being introduced in September ?

I have been using Stripe within my OSC shop for about a year now and other than a slightly longer wait for payment than some other services it seems to work well and I cannot fault them ( I know others complain but I have had no issues to date )

I had a poke around the web and cannot find an obvious answer ( or not understand one if it is there ! )

Some people mention some add ons but again am not sure to what they refer to and whether they would help with this issue or not

I am happy enough to exchange some beer tokens for the right help if somebody knows how

Thanks

Kevin Eagling

KEE Automotive Ltd

38 minutes ago, eaglik said:

Has anybody got any updates, tricks or soluitions to making Stripe payment module and Oscommerce work properly to satisfy the upcoming "  Strong Customer Authentication (SCA) " rules being introduced in September ?

I have been using Stripe within my OSC shop for about a year now and other than a slightly longer wait for payment than some other services it seems to work well and I cannot fault them ( I know others complain but I have had no issues to date )

I had a poke around the web and cannot find an obvious answer ( or not understand one if it is there ! )

Some people mention some add ons but again am not sure to what they refer to and whether they would help with this issue or not

I am happy enough to exchange some beer tokens for the right help if somebody knows how

I tried a while ago to get a developer to recode the module, but not one that I could find would actually do it and allow the code to be released on the forum for free or donations. In the end I gave up. Hopefully something will be done before the deadline as I got another email today from Stripe letting me know I needed to do something. All we can do is wait and see.

Raiwa

Thanks for trying to reply however I get the following

""  Sorry, we can't show this content because you do not have permission to see it  ""

SO I do not actually know what you said

Thanks

Kevin Eagling

KEE Automotive Ltd

18 hours ago, eaglik said:

""  Sorry, we can't show this content because you do not have permission to see it  ""

It's a closed area, you need to be aproved member to enter and see the original post.

It essentially says that Gary probably will do the SCA update of the payment modules.

4 hours ago, raiwa said:

It essentially says that Gary probably will do the SCA update of the payment modules.

It doesn't quite say that...

I am confident that some payment modules will be updated prior to the SCA updates.

4 minutes ago, burt said:

It doesn't quite say that...

I am confident that some payment modules will be updated prior to the SCA updates.

Thanks for clarification

thanks guys for your feedback.

Lets just hope somebody takes pity on us and puts their software tinkering hat on for a while and tweaks something to keep the SCA guys happy

Thanks

Kevin Eagling

KEE Automotive Ltd

• 2 years later...
On 12/11/2017 at 5:45 AM, 14steve14 said:

I use Stripe as a payment method on my site and notice that the payment module itself has not been updated since 2014. The module works fine as it is so there is nothing to worry about. Stripe have updated their API recently and I was wondering if oscommerce was ever going to update this module.

Hello 14steve14You said your stripe module works fine. I however am having some dificulty getting it to work properly. In the url it just says "/checkout_payment.php?payment_error=stripe". Please any help would be greatly appreciated. Please and thank you.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/9/2022 at 1:27 AM, AlucardUltimate said:

Hello 14steve14You said your stripe module works fine. I however am having some dificulty getting it to work properly. In the url it just says "/checkout_payment.php?payment_error=stripe". Please any help would be greatly appreciated. Please and thank you.

Have a read here. The first few posts explain how to setup Stripe. make you you have followed the instructions.