• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Products Weight editor?

aspire321

I've added additional weight options via products_attributes.php, but this just shows the options on the product page without actually editing the products weight.

For example, I have a product weight of 30grams. I then add an attribute allowing the customer to select 100grams (with the necessary price increase),

but this does not add 0.07 to that product weight - it still just keeps the original weight of 0.03 in the shopping cart.

This doesn't work because my shipping is based on weight!

Is there a solution for this?

7 hours ago, aspire321 said:

I've added additional weight options via products_attributes.php, but this just shows the options on the product page without actually editing the products weight.

For example, I have a product weight of 30grams. I then add an attribute allowing the customer to select 100grams (with the necessary price increase),

but this does not add 0.07 to that product weight - it still just keeps the original weight of 0.03 in the shopping cart.

This doesn't work because my shipping is based on weight!

Is there a solution for this?

It requires code changes in class file \includes\classes\shopping_cart.php because the osC in-built attribute system does not recognize weight options so that they won't get added into the total weight.  Perhaps some experienced coders in this forums would chime in and help you with the code changes required.

Cheers, Eddy