• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Ebay manager

hungryfrank

Yeah, I noticed it was a little heavy on the code, but, I suppose with dealing with APIs, it bulks up pretty quickly.

I need a module that does this and this one sounded good.

I'm looking for something that will work with 2.3.3.4 Gold BS responsive and there isn't a lot of choices, it seems.

No Good Deed EVER Goes Unpunished

I'd guess, seeing as there doesn't seem to be another contribution like this, that either people are using something else to achieve this (which I can't find for 2.3.3.4 Gold BS) or that not enough people want to do this for someone to want to sit down and write it from scratch.

I havent heard of anything on the forums recently about anything like this. If you really need this, you may have to pay someone to code it up for you. You could then release it as an addon, and see whether anyone else firstly wants it, and then see whether they can improve it. Thats how most unusual addons get released and gives something back to the community.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

@14steve14 I need something like this in that it would make life a little easier, but, it's not something that I can't live without.

I hadn't even thought about it until I was browsing through add-ons.

Should it become absolutely necessary, I will contract someone to write something and then release it into the wild.

I'm guessing that not a lot of people would use an add-on like this just because it's as easy to post it on eBay directly and, for stuff already on a site, cut and paste would suffice. I'm further guessing that, anyone that is doing OsC to eBay would be doing it that way.

I coded something like this 10 years ago. All my stock could be listed on eBay from the admin section. Stock quantity was controlled with a cron job that would keep stock levels in synch for Ebay orders. An api call was made to eBay to decrease quantity for regular orders during checkout process. When an auction was won the buyer would receive an email with a link to check out/pay by going to the my oscommerce shop. This worked out ok and some buyers even purchased more items before checking out. It was basically designed to acquire new customers and encourage customers to buy direct instead of using eBay. I gave up on it because people often didn't check their emails and eBay stripped out any html links on their site. I had fun trying though. My code is long lost and probably obsolete....just throwing some ideas out there.

The water in a vessel is sparkling; the water in the sea is dark. The small truth has words which are clear; the great truth has great silence.

- Rabindranath Tagore

I bet a lot of people would use it, if it was available. A lot of small business's sell on a wide range of marketplaces, and something to upload products and keep stock levels correct would be good. There are paid for options out there, but whether they work with oscommerce is a different matter.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP