• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

What is the best payment solution for BS Edge

John-Peter

Hi everyone,

I would like to know at the moment what is the best solution to payment by VISA or Mastercard credit card only?

The shop used is Oscomerce 2.3.4 Bootstrap Edge.

Something simple and uncomplicated. The Store is located in Canada.

Thank you for your suggestions

John

--------------------

osCommerce 2.3.4 Bootstrap Edge

It really depends on what you are willing to pay. The authorize.net module works very well but is costly, compared to others. The paypal module is less, if you use one of the on-site payment modules or even less if you use paypal express.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Yours is a very difficult question to answer when only you know what you want a payment provider to do for you.

Try speaking to your bank as they will have an option for you. Failing that lots of local searches on the internet to find a provider that you can afford as costs will vary wildly and will be dependant on sales totals.

There are many modules for oscommerce for most of the main providers which all work. You have to decide which one to use. They are all relatively easy to set up in your store. Where they vary will be in their backend which is where you see all your transactions on their website.  PayPal is by far the largest and most popular for smaller businesses but they do say that once you get to over 500 dollars in sales, then there are cheaper options out there. You can get to your money quickly, but be aware that they can close your account down with no warning.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

1 hour ago, Jeep_ice said:

@Jack_mcs

Thank you Jack for your answer...

But which one is the less complicated and easy configuration to use with any bank ??

All of the modules install with a few clicks in admin so there isn't a big difference in setting them up. But as far as them working with any bank, it depends on the module. For all of the paypal modules, except payflow, the money sets in an account at paypal and you transfer it to wherever you want. For authorize.net and a few others, they send it straight to your bank. But while it would be an easy setup to use authorize.net, the $50/month fee, or whatever it would be for your reseller, would be a big difference from the per item fee of Paypal Express. So it still comes down to how much you are willing to pay.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

25 minutes ago, Jeep_ice said:

Can we setup Paypal to use Visa and Mastercard credit card only  ??

John, why would you care?  It all ends up in your paypal account and it's money.  The more payment options the better in my opinion.

Dan

lol, that's true.... Good point...

So which module is the best for Paypal ???

And if the customer don't have an account with Paypal, can he paid with his credit card only ??

That's what I want to know ??

John

--------------------

6 hours ago, 14steve14 said:

Yours is a very difficult question to answer when only you know what you want a payment provider to do for you.

Try speaking to your bank as they will have an option for you. Failing that lots of local searches on the internet to find a provider that you can afford as costs will vary wildly and will be dependant on sales totals.

There are many modules for oscommerce for most of the main providers which all work. You have to decide which one to use. They are all relatively easy to set up in your store. Where they vary will be in their backend which is where you see all your transactions on their website.  PayPal is by far the largest and most popular for smaller businesses but they do say that once you get to over 500 dollars in sales, then there are cheaper options out there. You can get to your money quickly, but be aware that they can close your account down with no warning.

@14steve14 

Thank you for your answer.... Who can close our account without warning ?? Paypal? If so why would they do that?

John

--------------------

@John-Peter

Is this a new business? Do you currently accept credit cards through a physical store? If so, who are you currently using for your credit card processing?

1 hour ago, John-Peter said:

Thank you for your answer.... Who can close our account without warning ?? Paypal? If so why would they do that?

Paypal has been known to close accounts for people that they deem are engaging in illegal or 'inappropriate' business activities, such as drugs, drug paraphernalia, gambling, etc.

Malcolm

@ArtcoInc

They have a Paypal Account... which is connecting to their Bank account....

It's a new store.... So They didn't stop their choice how the payment will be made... They search something not too complicating... and easy.... Smooth transaction...

For Paypal closing this kind of business, I understand, it's normal...

John

--------------------

John...give the paypal app a try....it'll allow you to use PayPal Standard or Express....most seem to favor express but both will work.  Get your Nikes on and Just do it!

Dan

16 hours ago, John-Peter said:

Ok so Authorize is too expensive for them..... Yarkkk !!! lol....

Paypal is less ?? 

Can we setup Paypal to use Visa and Mastercard credit card only  ??

All the information you require about using PayPal is available on the PayPal website. Have a read on there. It will explain more than we can here.

PayPal will close any accounts that they deem to be breaking their rules. They close accounts of those that are getting lots of charge backs, If you follow their extensive rules and behave yourself you should be fine. The only downside with PayPal is the cost, but there is no monthly fees with express and standard so you only pay for what you receive. You can also get your money in a few hours into your bank account as long as you have over the free transfer value in your account.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

Hi,

I tried Paypal.

First, I installed the The App Paypal Update 5.10, after when I try to update Paypal App to 5.018, it doesn't work, it just give me the link to the App Paypal 5.10 from Oscommerce App.

Can someone guide me how to update to 5.018 !

I'm Using Bootstrap Edge Master June release.

Thank you in advance...

John

--------------------

Hi Jack,

It's what I did, but when I click on the update button, I see the message:

v5.018 is available as an update! This can be downloaded and applied manually from the osCommerce Apps site.

I installed the last Paypal add-ons (PayPal App v5.010) Updated by Harald Ponce de Leon on 1st March 2017. But when I want to update to 5.018, it give me this message and a link to go to the same page where I got the 5.010 update from March 1. I search the forum to see how to resolve this and I didn't found nothing just a couple guys which have the same problem as me and nobody gave how to solve this... I have one online store Online and 1 store test and the 2 gave the same thing... No error just don't want to update.

I even installed the original file from Edge from the last version and no cigar.... How can I update or install the 5.018 manually , where is the package ?

John

--------------------

I've only seen that message when the installed version is an old version. Maybe something is missing in the changes when it was installed? As for the latest version, that's  good question. Harold hasn't released it, as far as I know. Maybe someone has a link to it and will post it here but I haven't been able to find one.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Ok thank's Jack... I really

I really took my time to install the application and I did a check a couple of times. It is not complicated to install, it should work but not. I have no error. It's only that it does not update automatically. Really weird. The only thing I can see, it's the right for the files and folder. I have CMOD 755 for the folder and 644 for the files. 

Can I be able to use Paypal without the 5.018 or it is mandatory ?

I will wait till I find it or someone who post the link. Anyway, I know today it's a new requirement for the Paypal App so a lot of people will have trouble !

Cheers

John

--------------------

Yes, you can still use the old version. The paypal requirement is for TLS 1.2 which is controlled by your host. You can force its use through the module but there shouldn't be a need to. Test your site here. When it completes, scroll down to the Protocols and make sure TLS 1.2 is enabled and set as preferred. If it is, you should be OK. If not, you will need to contact your host to fix that.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 6 months later...