• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal Payments Hosted Solution not working

spiritalan

I am using OSC V234 BS Edge.

I have the PayPal App installed and have been for many months had excellent use of PayPal Payments Standard.

I updated in Admin the PayPay App to V5.018 OSC return a successful update message. PayPal Payments Standard is still working.

Now I am trying to use, for the first time, PayPal Payments Hosted Solution. Admin returns the message successful installation, but it does not work. The error message on the Confirmation page under Payment Information: "Error Processing Payment", (then) "This transaction can't be processed. Please pay with another card." But nothing has been entered I have only landed on the Confirmation page.

When I informed PayPal. the support person said that he could see that I had made many unsuccessful attempts to communication with them.

Many searches on this forum have not yet brought any answers to my problems, at least none that appear to help. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks,

Alan

Production:
osCommerce V. 2.3.4BS
VPS Box

I updated my server system because I noticed while testing connection with the PayPal App the TLS v1.2 it was failing, outdated cURL version was not playing well with TLS V.1.2. Now the testing works and TLS v1.2 connections pass.

However, I still have the same problem as above in first post. PayPal Payments Hosted Solutions does not work.  :(

Production:
osCommerce V. 2.3.4BS
VPS Box

At one point that module didn't work and Harold said he would fix it eventually. I don't know if that was ever done. But you can test it here. If it works, then it is something in your shop. If it fails, then it must still be broken.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Thanks for the answer Jack.

The demo goes further than what I can do on my store. In the demo, the iframe with form to enter credit card details is available; on my store it is not there. Because this is a sandbox demo I entered phony cc details and it did not go any further. I'm not sure if this is the way it's supposed to work or if the demo ends at this point or do I have to put real cc details in the form?

Nevertheless, since I can't get the iframe and form to even show up on my store, could this be because I'm using OSC V.2.3.4 BS Edge? 

Production:
osCommerce V. 2.3.4BS
VPS Box

Usually when the iframe doesn't show it is because the paypal account is not setup correctly. This video may be useful with that. Also, Paypal Express is required when using that module so if you haven't set that up, I suggest trying it first.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Jack,

I installed Express Checkout, it works ok in Sandbox and as far as I could go without paying for product in Live mode.

Then I turned on PPPayments Hosted Solution both in Sandbox and Live modes, with PayPal switch on for Express Checkout on PayPal site, and everything that I posted in post #1 is still the same.

As far as I can see my API credentials are the same as on PayPal site.

Thanks again, Alan

Edited by spiritalan

Production:
osCommerce V. 2.3.4BS
VPS Box

You don't need the sandbox for the hosted option so I suggest trying it in live mode. If it fails, paypal can tell you what the failure is as long as the attempt is reaching them, which you said it was.. Usually when you call them you get first level support and they are just reading canned answers. If they can't tell you what the failure is, ask for a higher level tech. It is difficult to troubleshoot a problem like this without knowing what the failure is.

Also, I do recall installing the first version of the app on a BS shop a few years ago and it wouldn't work. I then installed the stand-alone version of it and that one worked. So, worse case, you could try that.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Jack,

I communicated with PayPal. It's true that Website Payments Pro is also called PayPal Payments Pro. This is what I have with PayPal. However I am in the USA and PayPal does not offer the Hosted solution with Website Payments Pro also called PayPal Payments Pro and Virtual Terminal. This has been part of the confusion.

I can use Direct Payments but I have been trying to get around the maintenance and cost of PCI Compliance.

Your video link above does show a feature that PayPal in the States does offer to use an iframe, it's called PayPal Payments Advanced.

Here is a link the PayPal tech sent me which shows PayPal does not offer Website Payments Pro Hosted Solution in the USA and the countries that it does: https://developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/products/website-payments-pro-hosted-solution/

I have not yet tried out the stand alone version as you mentioned, but I know it wouldn't hurt. 

Thanks,

Alan

Production:
osCommerce V. 2.3.4BS
VPS Box

I tried the stand alone version of OSC PayPal Payments Pro Hosted Solution and it has the same effect as the module in the PayPal App.

I expected this much, but thought I would give it go anyways.

Production:
osCommerce V. 2.3.4BS
VPS Box

The names of the paypal options can be confusing but for taking payments on the site (instead of having the customer go to paypal), there are two options most use: Paypal Pro and Paypal Advance. There are main differences with those: Pro is $30/month plus fees and you get virtual terminal while Advance is $5/month and no virtual terminal. In the paypal app, the Pro option is performed by the Paypal Pro DP module and the Advance option by the Paypal Pro Hosted module.

They are both available the US. The Pro module always works (any version). The Advance module is the one in question. I know for sure that the older, non-app, version for Advance did work. So it sounds like the problem is with your paypal account, assuming that is what you tried. It sounds like you have setup the Pro account at paypal, not the Advance account - they are different. Other than the Standard module, to use any of the other paypal modules requires a special account to be setup at paypal.  So you need to decide on what option from paypal you want to use, create that account if needed and then enable the module that matches it.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Jack,

Yes, at this time I do not have PayPal Payments Advanced, I often use Virtual Terminal which as you say is under the PayPal Payments Pro which offers Direct Payments which I do not use. I will need to speak again with PayPal to see what can be done. I really need Virtual Terminal for phone orders.

Thanks again Jack

Alan

Production:
osCommerce V. 2.3.4BS
VPS Box

I have PayPal advanced which works well on osCommerce without the new PayPal app. I added the PayPal App to the osCommerce store. I am using version 2.3. When I configured it, it grabbed my credentials with no problem and also the test works correctly. I added Express Payment and Hosted Solution to the app. Express worked perfectly. When I installed PayPal Hosted Solution, it has a message:

This module is not yet suited for Payflow and will not load. This will be enabled in the next update to the PayPal App.

When you get to the checkout_payment.php page it always brings customer to the PayPal page instead of the Payment Confirmation page with the iFrame.

Can someone please help me

PayPalError.jpg

As mentioned previously, I don't think that module works in the App. Using the previous version does work, as you've found so you will need to use It until the app is fixed.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

TLS V.1.2. not working but TLS V.2. Only 1.4% can use TLS V1.2 the rest use TLS 2 and TLS 3 will coming soon

Edited by mcmannehan
  • The clever one learn from everything and from everybody
  • The normal one learn from his experience
  • The silly one knows everything better

[socrates, 412 before Christ]

Computers help us with the problems we wouldn't have without them!
99.9% of the bugs sit in front of the computer!
My programmed add-ons: WDW EasyTabs 1.0.3, WDW Facebook Like 1.0.0

if(isset($this) || !isset($this)){ // that's the question...

I've never heard of TLS 2. As far as I know, there is only versions 1.x. Some older browsers and phones will fail with TLS 1.2 but there's nothing to be done for that. People with those older versions will have to upgrade if they want to connect.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 2 weeks later...

Does anybody know if there is a fix to the PayPal advanced in osCommerce 2.3. I don't want to use the app - which does not work for advanced, but am concerned as the June 30 deadline quickly approaching. Is there a way to just modify the original PayPal code to work without installing the new app?

On 3.6.2017 at 8:52 PM, Jack_mcs said:

I've never heard of TLS 2. As far as I know, there is only versions 1.x. Some older browsers and phones will fail with TLS 1.2 but there's nothing to be done for that. People with those older versions will have to upgrade if they want to connect.

Sorry i did meean TLS 1.2 and TLS 1.3 will come soon.
TLS 1.2 will fail in old browsers, yes, because of HTTP/1. TLS 1.2 only works with HTTP/2

Info for browsers here: http://caniuse.com/#feat=http2

• The clever one learn from everything and from everybody
  • The normal one learn from his experience
  • The silly one knows everything better

[socrates, 412 before Christ]

Computers help us with the problems we wouldn't have without them!
99.9% of the bugs sit in front of the computer!
My programmed add-ons: WDW EasyTabs 1.0.3, WDW Facebook Like 1.0.0

if(isset($this) || !isset($this)){ // that's the question...