• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Converting Points and Rewards system for osC BS

Tsimi

Update with the above fix uploaded:

Points and Rewards BS v2.0.2.

- Fix for wrong order total calculation for secondary currencies. Thanks to @winfm for the report and testing.

NOTE: Users of older 2.3.4.(1.) EDGE versions and GOLD, please use Points and Rewards BS v1.2 and apply the same update

@tttim6575,

It has been discussed many times.

One of the most comprehensive explications from the author himself:

• 7 months later...

Points and Rewards update for Phoenix:

This is the 3.0.0. beta version for Phoenix, tested with Phoenix 1.0.3.0.

I would appreciate if users could give it a try. It's a very complex addon, so it would be nice to run tests before final upload:

Points and Rewards Phoenix 3.0.0_beta.zip

Thank You!

Here is beta 2 with some minor and one important fix for checkout_process.php hook call.

Points and Rewards Phoenix 3.0.0_beta_2.zip

I'll leave this in stand by for one week or so for testing.

Then it will be uploaded to the marketplace.

Hello Michael @MITCH70,

I suppose you are running Phoenix 1.0.3.0 and the latest Points and rewards version for Phoenix.

Please post or upload your checkout_payment.php.

Uploaded update 3.0.1:

Points and Rewards Phoenix

Version 3.0.1.

- Fix for shipping tax to be included in points calculation. Thanks to @MITCH70 for the report
 - Added note for content module call if already present in checkout_payment.php

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, hungryfrank said:

hi 

thans for all the effort

I wanted to know how dose it deal with taxes?

No problems reported except for shipping  tax which has been  fixed  in the last  update.

Hi I tried to install this contribution on my testshop (not phoenix but the gold edition).

When I checkout and made a full payment with points I got the following error: 

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class hook_shop_checkout_process_points in /testshop/includes/hooks/shop/checkout_process/points.php on line 27

Somewhere  this class is already declared but I don't know where. 

11 minutes ago, koopmanh said:

Hi I tried to install this contribution on my testshop (not phoenix but the gold edition).

When I checkout and made a full payment with points I got the following error: 

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class hook_shop_checkout_process_points in /testshop/includes/hooks/shop/checkout_process/points.php on line 27

Somewhere  this class is already declared but I don't know where. 

The Phoenix version is not compatible with BS GOLD.

You should use this BS version:

https://apps.oscommerce.com/G5ep5&points-and-rewards-bs

I'm sorry but support for GOLD is no longer available from my side. You have to debug on your own, sorry.

Best regards
Rainer

Edited by raiwa

On 1/10/2020 at 3:33 PM, raiwa said:

The Phoenix version is not compatible with BS GOLD.

You should use this BS version:

https://apps.oscommerce.com/G5ep5&points-and-rewards-bs

I'm sorry but support for GOLD is no longer available from my side. You have to debug on your own, sorry.

Best regards
Rainer

Raiwa,

I used the BS installed version. I noticed  the hooks line was added twice in the checkout_process page. So I remove one and the error is gone. The module works like a charm

Furthermore I changed the sisow payments modules and the dutch ideal module so the also will work now with this Point & Rewards module. 

I translated also the module in Dutch, so if you want I can upload this.

Finally I'm working on one feature for this module : In my shop we don't want to allow all shipping methods or all payments methods to be rewarde with points. For example if you use Paypal or AmEx we will not reward points (because we want to push our customers to cheaper payment methods)

Best regards

Hans

1 hour ago, koopmanh said:

Finally I'm working on one feature for this module : In my shop we don't want to allow all shipping methods or all payments methods to be rewarde with points. For example if you use Paypal or AmEx we will not reward points (because we want to push our customers to cheaper payment methods)

Interesting idea.  👍

Dan

PS:  That's one ugly thumbs up Emoji.

@raiwa Was just about to install this but noticed a fair amount of core code additions, hooks mostly, do you think we could petition @burt to put these into core? They will benefit everyone in the long run, your add-on now any other rewards add-ons and certainly anything related that is to be released as a supporters add-on.

32 minutes ago, LeeFoster said:

do you think we could petition @burt to put these into core?

That's already done. Thank's.

On 1/12/2020 at 8:44 PM, koopmanh said:

I translated also the module in Dutch, so if you want I can upload this.

Hello Hans @koopmanh

Please upload it separate in the language section. I can't maintain it within the main package for future updates.

Sounds interesting. I'll think about to add it within the next update. Please let me know when you succeeded and send me if you wish or post it here.

Thanks and kind regards
Rainer

Hi Raiwa, 

I would propose 2 changes for the installation:

1) When installing set de Header Tag Module default on inactive: When installing in a Live shop you need to adjust some settings before you can really start using this module

2) Split the warning message "Points and Rewards Header Tag Module is not installed. It is required. Install Now Points and Rewards Header Tag Module"  in two parts: 

• One for the fact that it's really not installed
  • Second if the module is not active.
    Now it jumps to an install when you have the module inactive and starts installing. It suggest that the files are modified again.

BTW: Can you provide me a link to where I can store the language files? Or do you propose that I make an separate upload to the oscommerce apps store

Hans

29 minutes ago, koopmanh said:

1) When installing set de Header Tag Module default on inactive: When installing in a Live shop you need to adjust some settings before you can really start using this module

2) Split the warning message "Points and Rewards Header Tag Module is not installed. It is required. Install Now Points and Rewards Header Tag Module"  in two parts: 

• One for the fact that it's really not installed
  • Second if the module is not active.
    Now it jumps to an install when you have the module inactive and starts installing. It suggest that the files are modified again.

BTW: Can you provide me a link to where I can store the language files? Or do you propose that I make an separate upload to the oscommerce apps store

I'll check and consider your suggestions for the next update. Even as it is it follows standards like it is done in all other modules.

If I keep it switched off by default, there will be for sure users coming up with the problem that the module "doesn't work" after installation 😉

Please upload the language files to a separate place under language files in the Marketplace. Please state the exact version it is for. I just can't maintain the dutch language files for future updates and wouldn't like to have an opsolate language package included in the main package. Hope you understand.

rgds
Rainer

Edited by raiwa

Hi Raiwa,

I noticed a probable bug:

When a user is using a Guest Account, the points are still added to the pending table. This is causing some strange behavior on the admin side. 

I think that maybe in the function  "listen_CheckoutProcessAddPoints" there should be a additional check if the customer is using a Guest account.

Hans