• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Who in the EU has heard of GDPR and will it affect you

14steve14

:blink:
osCommerce based shop owner with minimal design and focused on background works. When the less is more.
Email managment with tracking pixel, package managment for shipping, stock management, warehouse managment with bar code reader, parcel shops management on 3000 pickup points without local store.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Gyakutsuki

I hope more data controller realise this importance.  I have no competition or experiencies and less working time to build Apps for nothing. This should be a basic thing.

As reading GDPR I have a lot of functional questions

What is when customer extend self address book with friends/Neighbor address and take an order with friends/Neighbor's shipping address?

See Chapter 14 in http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/HTML/?uri=CELEX:32016R0679&from=EN

We have not practical answers at this moment so there will be a mass.

osCommerce based shop owner with minimal design and focused on background works. When the less is more.
Email managment with tracking pixel, package managment for shipping, stock management, warehouse managment with bar code reader, parcel shops management on 3000 pickup points without local store.

Gary did a lot of GDPR modules in his 28 days of code which seems to do all or at least most of the things that shop owners should need. I am going to install them and see what they are like.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

Cookie or not to be?

Next anomaly that cookie consent wont be a simple acceptance. Administration has no choice to set up in admin site Force Cookie Use on True. This selection fall back to visitors so they can select from cookie or not cookie url oscID mode.

16 minutes ago, 14steve14 said:

Gary did a lot of GDPR modules in his 28 days of code which seems to do all or at least most of the things that shop owners should need. I am going to install them and see what they are like.

Please do give them a go...and if changes are needed or have ideas for other modules, let me know.

All my modules are shop side (for the customer). 
Looks like what @tgely is working on is admin side (for the shopowner).

Thanks @14steve14

there was some important information.

If customer name is not the same as shipping address and name then have to put a printed data privacy policy document into the box and have to explan the personal data source and everything is listed in 14 article.

How could be the address book GDPR friendly? (15 article) How do you do it in live registrations?

What is the best solution disable or enable more than one address card?

Wow looks like you have had to do a lot of work to try and comply with this EU GDPR!!! Luckily only 12 months to go for us in the UK :)

No sorry to be serious its not that different to the UK data protection act. Forgetting all the legal bull* in the document, most in Article 3 of the GDPR, which can be read here:https://gdpr-info.eu/art-3-gdpr/

For most honest store owners it will make very little difference, All it is asking you to do is be respectful with your customers data! Don't abuses it. Don't spam or email without consent, don't sell on your customers details with out consent, basically don't be sneaky in you business with customers data. Finally if customer asks you to delete any data you hold on them do it.

Unfortunately the EU has again made a total mess of communicating the intent for this legislation and confusion is the result. Another round of snake oil selling will ensue as consultants and experts tell everyone involved in e-commerce that they need there service or product in order to comply!

I look forward to the EU trying to take the first US company to court for selling a product to a EU customer and not complying with it :) good luck with that.

15 hours ago, justcatering said:

Wow looks like you have had to do a lot of work to try and comply with this EU GDPR!!! Luckily only 12 months to go for us in the UK :)

Legislation comes into force on 25th May 2018 so less time that  you thought.

15 hours ago, justcatering said:

For most honest store owners it will make very little difference, All it is asking you to do is be respectful with your customers data! Don't abuses it. Don't spam or email without consent, don't sell on your customers details with out consent, basically don't be sneaky in you business with customers data. Finally if customer asks you to delete any data you hold on them do it.

That sums it up sort of. You need to get consent again for everyone that you send emails to, not just new customers. You need to notify all customers about GDPR and what it means to them and their data. You have to give them the option for you to remove their data.You need to change your privacy policy to let people know how you are complying to this legislation. You need to make sure no option is pre checked where personal data is entered. The list could go on and on. Yes its being sensible with what you do with others data and personally identifiable information, but there is so much more than that.

I do have to agree that the EU has gone over board a bit with this legislation, but it was done to bring all EU countries into line as some were more strict than others.

I hope more usefull to discuss about practical things

Example:
Customer create an account with newsletter on.
Later he/she wants check off so the following steps possible
1. log in its account and set up
2. client send an email to the shop admin and ask newsletter service off.

2. scenario is more intresting. Here is a GDPR task for shop owner. Archive the letter, do the set up and report in 30 days about the action to client

so in generally if admin do a customer personal data edition then have to report and log it. How it will be GDPR friendly?

What collections of task should be assumed and what never do?

2. client send an email to the shop admin and ask newsletter service off.

Shopowner replies by email:

"please login securely to your account where you can turn off the newsletter and review your other personal data"

Work smart.

@burt @Tsimi @wHiTeHaT @Gyakutsuki @raiwa
@MrPhil @Harald Ponce de Leon and everybody

Has anyone cookie user managment page plan/solution with consent cookie modules where the user can be opt-out and opt-in from cookies?

What am I thinking about?
opt-in/opt-out (check/uncheck) function with each cookie module
- FB pixel
- Google (addwords, tagmanager and so on)
- 3 party cookies

osCid is a strickly neccessery cookie so this should be on

Here is an example but this is a bit difference. Consent modules are not found on this picture
BBC-cookie-beallitasok.jpg

BBC-cookie-beallitasok.thumb.jpg.5dcbce958d978f1fa310b30eec71d908.jpg

one consent cookie need with module parameters and opt-in/opt-out mechanism could be managed by this page. Account not required for users so only this cookie managment be able to handle non registered users too.

How about shopowners no longer use 3rd party scripts.

That is an option that is very easy to implement.

I have not yet seen any pre-made script that complies with GDPR.
The popular cookieconsent.io script that many started using a couple of years ago is not compliant at this moment.

I did find tarteaucitron which looks tasty...

Just now, ArtcoInc said:

@burt

Is there a cookie consent script (or module, or add-on, or ...) you do like, that is compliant?

There are none as far I know..

I imagine the ones who create "free scripts" can't be bothered with the hassle. 
I suspect that a paid-for solution might arrive prior to May 25.  

The best one is tarteaucitron I think, which seems like it might work for some things.

After reading posts on here I also found the following page that may help with cookie consent ideas,

https://eugdprcompliant.com/cookies-consent-gdpr/

May be an enterprising developer could write and sell something made for oscommerce, but think of the legal side of getting something that is not compliant.

@14steve14  At least for now this might be the simplest solution:

https://cookieconsent.insites.com/demos/

https://cookieconsent.insites.com/documentation/compliance/

As far as I can see this solutions provides all neccessary for non-registered  accounts. Maybe script should have possibility to store the options/choices made for registered users (those who have an account).

Thoughts?

Hello,

I am working on a module GDPR. Please, let me know what the plug in you want inside this module. The most common used.

https://opt-out.ferank.eu/en/install/

Regards
-----------------------------------------
Loïc

Contact me by skype for business
Contact me @gyakutsuki for an answer on the forum

@burt thanks this tip. @Gyakutsuki put the all :biggrin:

Archived