• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How do I install 'app-paypal-5_000.zip'?

Hello all, I've just installed a templated version of osCommerce 2.3.4. THe template came from Theme forest its called TechnoStore. It differes from another "trial" version of OC 2.3.4 in that I need to install the Paypal App to get anything other than Paypal express which requires a buyer to firstly have an account with my store and then one with Paypal so I want a different paypal app.

When I tried to 'install' the website standard payment module I get an error message. Writing to the developer of the template revealed PayPal is restricted in his home country and he was of no help other than to refer me to OC help. The first try at installing the addon prevented me from seeing the administration page when I logged on. I fixed that by doing a restore but I still need to get paypal website standard functional.

I can't find anywhere in the help or documentation explaining how to install an addon. In this case app-paypal-5_000.zip. Could someone please explain to me how, after downloading this zip file to my desktop, I install it on a working version 2.3.4 site?

I'll be grateful for any help.

paypal-error.pdf

This is not an error. A lanugages file is missing. U see MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_STANDARD_ERROR_ADMIN_CONFIGURATION
thats an empty languages variable. Check the languages file in /catalg//includes/apps/paypal/languages/english/

• The clever one learn from everything and from everybody
  • The normal one learn from his experience
  • The silly one knows everything better

[socrates, 412 before Christ]

Computers help us with the problems we wouldn't have without them!
99.9% of the bugs sit in front of the computer!
My programmed add-ons: WDW EasyTabs 1.0.3, WDW Facebook Like 1.0.0

if(isset($this) || !isset($this)){ // that's the question...

Thanks for the reply Manfred,

Sometimes its the simple stuff that caused the greatest mess. It wasn't the language file. When I added my PayPal email address the

error went away.

Your sig says it all!

• 3 months later...

I have the same question. I am using oscommerce installed from my host company and I don't see any way to add on anything. I want the app because of the automatic API configuration. Do I just put the zip file in the modules folder via ftp?

10 hours ago, mbk23 said:

I have the same question. I am using oscommerce installed from my host company and I don't see any way to add on anything. I want the app because of the automatic API configuration. Do I just put the zip file in the modules folder via ftp?

What osC version you use?

The zip file in the modul folder dosen't work. You need to understand how to install stuff in osC.

• The clever one learn from everything and from everybody
  • The normal one learn from his experience
  • The silly one knows everything better

[socrates, 412 before Christ]

Computers help us with the problems we wouldn't have without them!
99.9% of the bugs sit in front of the computer!
My programmed add-ons: WDW EasyTabs 1.0.3, WDW Facebook Like 1.0.0

if(isset($this) || !isset($this)){ // that's the question...