• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal App v5.000

mcmannehan

The Paypal 5.000 with paypal standard seems to work now for me (still fresh 2.3.4BS, with the exception of wrong VAT on the paypal site, and there only) after changing the return URL  in paypal_standard.php (in the function after_process) from checkout_process.php to checkout_success.php (see my other thread). Otherwise the cart is destroyed at the end of after_process, the order goes back into checkout_process which detects that the cart is empty and directs the customer back to the now empty shopping cart with a message that his cart is empty. No success page, no download link...

From my tests, I first thought that the customer gets no confirmation email from the shop this way, but in fact he seems to get one (maybe these were caught in some spam filter on the hosted server after many tests  yesterday, or there is another issue with emails that are not sent in all cases..)

On my previous post:

I just realize that in the paypal_standard.php of 4.039 and of 5.000/5001 the customer IS in fact correctly redirected to checkout_success, and not to checkout_process !

I was using the latest file from the 2.3.4 BS Edge which in fact points to checkout_process, and should be corrected.

I had 2.3.4 BS installed recently with this newer file. Installing Paypal App 5.000 overwrote it to an older version (November 2016) which did not run with my software, so I replaced it with the newer (December 2016) from the latest version.

In the new Paypal Api 5.001 if i install "Log In" i get the follow info:

The following url must be configured as your Return URL in the PayPal REST App settings that was created for Log In with PayPal:

Sometimes i cant see the forest, because to much trees inside... ;-) Where is the PayPal REST App settings? I can't find!

• The clever one learn from everything and from everybody
  • The normal one learn from his experience
  • The silly one knows everything better

[socrates, 412 before Christ]

Computers help us with the problems we wouldn't have without them!
99.9% of the bugs sit in front of the computer!
My programmed add-ons: WDW EasyTabs 1.0.3, WDW Facebook Like 1.0.0

if(isset($this) || !isset($this)){ // that's the question...

Very good the new Paypal Api 5.001 is working very well. with PHP5.6, PHP7.0 and PHP7.1.1

I did change all the Class Files to __construct to put away the DEPRECATED warning under PHP7

Now problem at all, every thing (shipping, tax, price and quantity) is transfer to paypal.

Does the SHIPTOSTREET2 need to be manually fixed or did it come in the new update also?

This is include too

Thank you @@Harald Ponce de Leon for the fast and nice work. May you change the Classfiles too...

Edited by mcmannehan

@@mcmannehan

That would be in your Paypal Developer account.

cool, thank you for the fast answer. To much trees in the forest... :thumbsup:

@@mcmannehan It's briefly described in the documentation in the Requirements section:

https://library.oscommerce.com/Package&en&paypal&oscom23&log_in

* PayPal REST App; a PayPal REST App needs to be created at the PayPal Developer site. The Client ID and Secret API credentials assigned to the application need to be entered in the module configuration page.

* The Return URL displayed in the module configuration page needs to be entered as the Return URL in the PayPal REST App created for Log In with PayPal.

https://developer.paypal.com

Did you end up setting that up correctly?

:heart:, osCommerce

@@mcmannehan It's briefly described in the documentation in the Requirements section:

https://library.oscommerce.com/Package&en&paypal&oscom23&log_in

Did you end up setting that up correctly?

Thanks for the answer. Yes, i end up to set this correct and is working fine.

I'm keen to update to the newest version of the app, but cannot until the SHIPTOSTREET2 is there with Express Checkout specifically as it would mess up a lot of our customers addresses.

In the version prior to Paypal 5.000 we have experienced the shipping rates NOT changing to the correct ones when the delivery address is changed ON the Pay Pal site, for example they stayed at the Australian zone rates when the country was changed to the USA. It does refresh like it is updating, but it doesn't truly update and just keeps the same Australian zone rates in the drop down on Pay Pal.

On return to the checkout_confirmation page they THEN changed to the default correct rate for the USA. At this stage we don't have a lot of customers buying from Australia to send to other countries, but it isn't a good look for the shipping rates to show inaccurately and change only on the checkout_confirmation page.

Is it possible the instant update is being blocked or not happening for some reason?

Is it possible the instant update is being blocked or not happening for some reason?

You should see the Instant Update requests in the PayPal App -> Log page logged as CallbackResponse actions. If you don't see these records then the request is probably not hitting your server. HTTPS is required for Instant Update to work.

v5.000 enables the In-Context checkout flow - this is now the preferred checkout flow to use but does not support all of the features of the Classic checkout flow (such as Instant Update). After the customer signs into PayPal and confirms their shipping address, they are redirected to the checkout confirmation page where the cheapest or first shipping module is automatically chosen.

How would a customer then change the method? If say they wanted express instead of regular post. Edit the shipping method?

I've only recently seen callbackresponses showing up so I wonder if my host had been blocking or something. I'm still not sure how my 4 item customer kept being given 1 item shipping rates though.

I will upgrade the PayPal app as soon as the shiptostreet2 change is in the version released.

How would a customer then change the method? If say they wanted express instead of regular post. Edit the shipping method?

Yep. I'll look at how this can be optimized further.

I've only recently seen callbackresponses showing up so I wonder if my host had been blocking or something. I'm still not sure how my 4 item customer kept being given 1 item shipping rates though.

You should see the shipping address in the CallbackResponse log - if you create the same address in your store account and initiate a test order, you should get the same shipping rates that were passed to the customer. This would be safe to do on the live server as you'd only need to log into PayPal and not perform an actual order.

I wasn't able to recreate her situation, even by emulating her order on a couple of different browsers.

When I was running these tests though, that's when I noticed the rates were not updating when I changed from an Australian to a foreign delivery address in Pay Pal.

Yep. I'll look at how this can be optimized further

You could forward back to checkout shipping in place of checkout confirmation as proposed in a discussion couple years back...

I've implemented this - and although not ideal (for customers logged in and selecting PayPal as their payment method) it has worked very well.

Here are some details.... http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/402359-modding-up-a-234bs-gold/?p=1727463

I have no idea if this will work with the new in-context box...

Edited by greasemonkey

WIth this update and with paypal standard my test customer correctly lands  on the checkout_success page but there is no download link in case of digital goods.

I am using the 2.3.4 BS Edge so I had to rewrite the DIR_WS* and FILENAME stuff, maybe I made some mistake here? (besides the downlaod link problem it seems to work fine)

I now use the paypal_standard.php from 5.01 which makes downloads work again. It seems it works with the 5.0.10.

@@inra311 what is the order status when the customer lands on the checkout success page? This order status should have the "Downloads Status" flag enabled otherwise the download links will not show. This is set in the Admin -> Localization -> Orders Status page.