• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal App v5.000

mcmannehan

PayPal App v5.014

Today i did check Paypal Express. This modul is not EU/DE law conform.

Because: How the modul knows the shipping cost if the customer not login?

And if the customer login, why the Paypal Express modul ist still active?

If the customer have an account, for what he have to use the Paypal Express modul?

And if the customer logged in and use the Paypal Express modul no shipping cost will be added.

So this can't be use in a EU/DE online shop. Or did i miss something?

Edited by mcmannehan
  • The clever one learn from everything and from everybody
  • The normal one learn from his experience
  • The silly one knows everything better

[socrates, 412 before Christ]

Computers help us with the problems we wouldn't have without them!
99.9% of the bugs sit in front of the computer!
My programmed add-ons: WDW EasyTabs 1.0.3, WDW Facebook Like 1.0.0

if(isset($this) || !isset($this)){ // that's the question...

@@wHiTeHaT

The law in the EU/DE said: all the shipping cost have to be in the bill. If the customer not login, how the shipping cost will calculated?

The modul not show them and the shipping cost money will not pay.

How this shoud work in the EU/DE? It's not about the rule of Paypal it's about the EU/DE law!

@wHiTeHaT

Thank you for the info, i know very well about the laws EU/DE and i get my information direct from my lawyer. To ask question about the law in a shop forum is not a good thing, because there are not lawyers.

@@Harald Ponce de Leon it appears to be with Pay Pal standard only that they are removing commas for the thousands point. I attempted to check your demo.. but for the life me of I cannot remember the pass I used on that site and the pass forgotten email never came LOL

This is what Pay Pal said when I queried the change coming on 29th of March.

Please double check if there will appear the comma (,) in between the amount which is more than 1000. Like the sample I gave you. 1234.50" is correct, but "$1,234.50" is not allowed.

Now in your screenshot, 24.20 is correct, and it is true this amount is passing . But what will happen if the amount is more than two thousand (2420)? Whether or not 2420 will be passed like 2,420?

If you are creating payment button from your PayPal account, there is no such problem occurred. But if you are using third party shopping cart system like Zencart, Magneto, Prestashop, etc., such amount comma problem may happened.

Unless I'm mistaken, this would only affect sales where the amount is greater than $999.00 - they are rare as hen's teeth these days so I am not sure the change would affect my older shop..

Harald, I just did the last Paypal App updates you did and it says to delete the /admin folder if you have a custom named admin folder. Is that accurate or can we just delete the PayPal.php file out of it that your earlier update put in there?

it appears to be with Pay Pal standard only that they are removing commas for the thousands point. I attempted to check your demo.. but for the life me of I cannot remember the pass I used on that site and the pass forgotten email never came LOL

It's a demo site - create another dummy account :lol: 

I just looked through the git history of the payment modules - the PayPal modules were updated around Dec 4, 2007 (for the v2.2RC2 release on Jan 15, 2008) where the amount sent to PayPal changed from using the PHP number_format() function (using "," as a thousands separator) to a custom function where only a decimal separator is used.

If you've experienced issues after that date, it could be possible that a third party add-on/module was used that still uses number_format() and the thousands separator to format the order total value.

:heart:, osCommerce

Harald, I just did the last Paypal App updates you did and it says to delete the /admin folder if you have a custom named admin folder. Is that accurate or can we just delete the PayPal.php file out of it that your earlier update put in there?

It's safe to delete the "admin/" directory if you use a custom admin directory with another name. You can confirm that this would be safe as the only file in the "admin/" directory should be "paypal.php" - there should be no other file or directories in the "admin/" directory.

PayPal App v5.016 includes a full "paypal.php" file that will be copied to your custom admin directory (this file is part of the PayPal App).

The files in the online update zip packages are separated to "catalog/" and "admin/" at the root level for the shop frontend and the administration tool files. In two online update packages the updated admin file was left in the "catalog/admin/" directory where it should have been placed in the top level "admin/" directory of the online update package. This is why the "admin/" directory was created in your shop directory. This has been corrected in our backend scripts to prevent this from happening again.

:heart:, osCommerce

Hi Harald, I am fairly sure I already had an admin/ folder but it serves no purpose other than being a "red herring" for hackers, it is directory protected but no username and pass will get you into it.

That's why I asked if I could just delete the PayPal.php out of it rather than delete the directory itself.

By the way, I tested it out front and the latest version works perfectly when you change addresses at PayPal, the shipping rates weren't updating to a new countries rate but now updates perfectly.

@@Harald Ponce de Leon hey Harald, just noticed.... after upgrading my live store from 4.036 to 5.018 a NEW admin directory was still created with the file paypal.php

The original admin(renamed) paypal.php was edited by the upgrade routine and is identical to the new file (in the new directory).

Just to clarify - after the upgrade I have:

admim/paypal.php

AND

admin(renamed)/paypal.php

I can't recall which version had the issue... But I presume going from 4.039 all the way to 5.018 in one go still picks up the issue.

@@Harald Ponce de Leon hey Harald, noticed an error in my log (not the app log) on my live store.

[24-Mar-2017 09:39:30 America/Toronto] PHP Warning:  Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/*******/public_html/ext/modules/payment/paypal/express.php on line 620
[24-Mar-2017 09:39:30 America/Toronto] PHP Warning:  Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/*******/public_html/ext/modules/payment/paypal/express.php:620) in /home/*******/public_html/includes/functions/general.php on line 52

Let me know your thoughts.... I did not notice this error in testing and everything appears to be working correctly....

I am able to reproduce the error by selecting PayPal as the Payment Method on checkout_payment.php....

Edited by greasemonkey

@@Harald Ponce de Leon hey Harald, noticed an error in my log (not the app log) on my live store.

[24-Mar-2017 09:39:30 America/Toronto] PHP Warning:  Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/*******/public_html/ext/modules/payment/paypal/express.php on line 620
[24-Mar-2017 09:39:30 America/Toronto] PHP Warning:  Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/*******/public_html/ext/modules/payment/paypal/express.php:620) in /home/*******/public_html/includes/functions/general.php on line 52

Let me know your thoughts.... I did not notice this error in testing and everything appears to be working correctly....

I am able to reproduce the error by selecting PayPal as the Payment Method on checkout_payment.php....

Just a follow up.... I have not been able to replicate this error again (since this morning). I believe it may have been an issue with a customer (and then me looking into it) with an open session before/during the upgrade (???).

All seems good.....

• 2 weeks later...

Is 5.018 going to be posted on the addons section for download?  I have 5.010 but it doesn't update.  I run php permissions of 600 and 755 on folders.

Also, Standard works well, but Express doesn't add in shipping unless I cycle back through checkout.  I know customers won't do that.  Any ideas where i can look, or what i can do? 

I'm not really a dog.

Hi all,

@@Harald Ponce de Leon:

for Paypal App (contribution http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/9184) version PayPal App v5.018

in catalog/includes/apps/paypal/admin/actions/balance/retrieve.php

line 34: add utf8-encode: $ppBalanceResult['balance'][$ppBalanceResponse['L_CURRENCYCODE' . $counter]] = utf8_encode($balance);

Otherwise there is no result at all as the resulting json is bad formatted and generates empty list.
OSC 2.2RC2a, default charset=iso-8859-1, PHP 7.0.10

Also the updates don't work, the still use deprecated syntax: Still old constructor syntax is used (juste generate warning for now) and $HTTP_POST_VARS/$HTTP_GET_VARS instead of $_POST/$_GET (this syntax doesn't work anymore in PHP 7, not allowing updates and code to run at all).

• 1 month later...
On 05/04/2017 at 10:30 PM, greasemonkey said:

@@vampirehunter even easier than that - just click the update button from the paypal config page.

It is that easy... 1 button install.

hi

i checked

mine has no update button

it just has button linking to the addon area

would i need to manually add this addon myself?

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/3/2017 at 5:12 AM, vampirehunter said:

hi

i checked

mine has no update button

it just has button linking to the addon area

would i need to manually add this addon myself?

Ok, can someone please tell me where's the UPDATE button is located? I'm on BS, the bleeding edge version...

Thx!

Has anyone found how to upgrade to version 5.018 for the Paypal application for Bootstrap Edge ? It's the same for me, when I do an update, it redirects me to the Paypal application Updated by Harald Ponce de Leon on 1st March 2017. It's the package I had installed already.

The message I see when I click Update is:

v5.018 is available as an update! This can be downloaded and applied manually from the osCommerce Apps site.

I have no error in the installation.

John

--------------------

osCommerce 2.3.4 Bootstrap Edge