• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal App v5.000

mcmannehan

Never heard of a downloads *module*...  of course downloads are enabled in admin/configuration.

And as said before, the download is still possible from the My account->my orders page, just not on the checkout_success.php

And the download link comes back to checkout_success as soon as I use the older paypal_standard.php instead, nothing else changed than going back to this one.

@@inra311

What Gary is saying is to go to your admin area and go to content - modules and make sure that you have turned on product downloads otherwise the module will not show downloads on the checkout success page. If its not there you need to click on the install module button in the top right hand corner of the page and install the module then activate it.

If you have it already installed then you may need to uninstall that particular module and reinstall it again.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

I see but it is already installed (and works fine with the other paypal_standard.php).

Removing/reinstalling did not help either.

I also noticed that with the latest paypal_standard.php sometimes the order id is missing in the confirmation email (both in the text and in the URL to the customer's account product page), or that sometimes there are two confirmation emails, one with the correct order no. and one without.

I changed the FILENAME and DIR_WS_ expressions in the file to make it work with my version. What I did NOT change is the TABLE stuff. Is this required as well? What I mean is:

Line from paypal_standard.php 5.010:

db_query('delete from ' . TABLE_ORDERS . ' where orders_id = "' . (int)$or...

The same line in the version that works here (from the latest gburton Master version):

db_query('delete from orders where orders_id = "' . (int)$or..

So I assume that the paypal 5.010 works for others just not for me!? Or am I the only onw with the latest master version using the new paypal app??

As my old OSC shop broke in February (v2.2 updated to a 2.3.1 'Frankenstore' version) I followed the advise from this forum  and started with a fresh installation of the responsive 'master' version. So I am using the latest, recommended version, and Paypal is surely the most common payment method, something that must work.

It came with the Paypal app 4.039 which one day told me to update to 5.00. I did but this did not work as the new version uses DIR_WS paths. There was no hint that it is not compatible with my version.

I updated the paypal app as the master version did not make the customer land on checkout_success (later I found the mistake in line 818 of paypal_standard.php, it links to checkout_process.php instead of checkout_success.php)

I use the 5.010 with the paypal_standard.php from the master version now (with line 818 corrected, see above).
Or can anyone send me a corrected (FILENAME, DIR_WS,..) version of the paypal_standard.php of 5.010? The one I tried to correct myself sends double emails, one without an order id, and does not show a download link  on checkout_succes

@@inra311, I too was confused with the paypal app versions.  I'm running 2.3BS gold, and won't be updating the paypal app to v5.

see the following post which might help explaining the situation.

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/398887-paypal-app-for-oscommerce-online-merchant/?p=1754000

Mike

osC CE live - developing osC Phoenix adding modules with no core changes(awesome and easy!)

Hi, in the Paypal App 5.0.10 version documentation, it is said that the module is for osCommerce 2.3.5.

I guess this is the osCommerce BS right?

Just to be sure.

Thanks

Hi Fabrice..

Hi, in the Paypal App 5.0.10 version documentation, it is said that the module is for osCommerce 2.3.5.

I guess this is the osCommerce BS right?

Just to be sure.

The v2.3.5 release is based on v2.3.4 (not BS). The BS is a separate community release series.

v2.3.5 is based on the previous v2.3 release series. The BS release series is incompatible to v2.3.x and will merge to v2.4 when the production ready release is pushed out.

:heart:, osCommerce

Thanks!

I am trying to install the Paypal App 5.0.10 onto a test copy of my actual 2.3.4 (stock) store.

I have followed the legacy instructions but as soon as I put the

require(DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/classes/hooks.php');
$OSCOM_Hooks = new hooks('shop');

to the 'catalog/includes/application_top.php', I get a blank page instead of the website when I try to connect the front end.

I guess there is some PHP error that should be shown here but I do not know how to force them to show up.

I have the same problem on the admin side.

Edited by f@bs

@f@bs add the following code to catalog/includes/functions/compatibility.php and catalog/admin/includes/functions/compatibility.php:

// log errors
  if (is_dir(DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/work') && is_writable(DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/work')) {
    if (!is_dir(DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/work/error_logs')) {
      mkdir(DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/work/error_logs', 0777, true);
    }
    if (is_dir(DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/work/error_logs') && is_writable(DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/work/error_logs')) {
      ini_set('log_errors', true);
      ini_set('error_log', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/work/error_logs/errors-' . date('Ymd') . '.txt');
    }
  }

Errors will then be logged to the catalog/includes/work/error_logs/ directory.

We need an error message here to help you out further.

I have added the code to the 'catalog/includes/functions/compatibility.php' but I still got nothing.

I tried to connect the front end with another browser (edge) and it showed an error 500.

Weird!

There is no emergency for me. I can continue with the Paypal App bundled with the stock 2.3.4 since it still works fine. I am already set up in SSL using a Let's Encrypt certificate. I just do not know which version of TLS I am using (this is a shared hosting server).

Anyway, it may be better for me to wait for the 2.4 official release. I saw that you wrote it would be out for the end of the month, so that is not a big deal. I just hope that some community add-ons like oscaffiliate will follow pretty fast when it will come out.

Edit: I have found where to enable TLS 1.2 on my shared web hosting. I just need to know if my current osCommerce will still work on June 30th if I do not have the time to upgrade to osCommerce 2.4.0 of if the modules I need force me to stick with 2.3.4 because of 2.4.0 incompatibility.

Edited by f@bs

I must say that now I am more confused than before.

After reading the last posts of this thread - and the other thread that @@Mikepo links to - I understand that very soon (end of March!!) there will be an official v.2.4.

What does this mean for me?

A) Is this good news for me (the 2.3.4 BS Edge aka 'master' I finally got running at this point will seamless and easily merge into the next version 2.4) ...

... or

B )... is it bad news for me (the terrible last three weeks with long nights to get all customer data from my broken old shop into the latest version, adding language file adaptions, changing code for so many details I need, installing all contributions I need, , some luckily modular, others not ... ) have been a waste of time and something similar is necessary again to update to v2.4

..or..

C) ...I will not care about the official version as the community version is and will be the way to go (it will integrate all improvements and possible new features from the official version)

??

PS:

>>If you do not want to wait

Not that I could not wait, but with the latest Edge version paypal does not work (customer does not end on checkout_success but in an empty cart) so I was hoping the update of the Paypal app to 5.xx would take care of that, see above..

Edited by inra311

Edit: I have found where to enable TLS 1.2 on my shared web hosting. I just need to know if my current osCommerce will still work on June 30th if I do not have the time to upgrade to osCommerce 2.4.0 of if the modules I need force me to stick with 2.3.4 because of 2.4.0 incompatibility.

A parameter to use the default cURL SSL version or force TLS 1.2 connections was added in v5.010. It's also possible to perform a test connection to make sure the parameter is set correctly.

More information is available here:

https://library.oscommerce.com/Package&en&paypal&oscom23&ssl_version

@inra311probably a little off topic for this thread... maybe the admins will move it to the community build thread....

C) ...I will not care about the official version as the community version is and will be the way to go (it will integrate all improvements and possible new features from the official version)

The 2.3.4 BS EDGE community version is the way to go until 2.4 is ready and released.... Although, I think, there had been some indication it would be ready for March (and still may be) I would not wait.

2.4 is in beta and these things have a tendency to go slower than planned (no offense intended to the core team of developers working on 2.4).

The current hope/idea (I say this as a store owner... not as someone involved in development) is that the Community EDGE version will be very close to 2.4 when 2.4 is ready and that upgrading from an up to date EDGE build to 2.4 will be "somewhat" easy.

The ease of that upgrade will of course depend on many thing... most importantly if you stay up to date with the EDGE build and use addon's that; 1) don't require core code changes & 2) you use addons also that stay up to date to be sure they will also work in 2.4.

Bugs found:

1. Enable Express Checkout and Direct Payment on a live account. Confirm that both options are present and working. Then disable Express Checkout. This results in both modules being disabled and no checkout payment methods found. I have been unable to reproduce this on a sandbox account.
  2. With both modules enabled and correctly set up as in #1, a customer selects Express Checkout and tries to pay with their Paypal account. If Paypal declines the payment, the customer is dropped back on the Checkout Confirmation page with no easy way to select another payment method. This case should probably return the customer to the Checkout Payment page or the Shopping Cart page (with the error message so they know why).

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Enable Express Checkout and Direct Payment on a live account. Confirm that both options are present and working. Then disable Express Checkout. This results in both modules being disabled and no checkout payment methods found. I have been unable to reproduce this on a sandbox account.

It is normal behaviour for both modules to be deactivated if the EC module is disabled. Here is a note shown when first enabling the DP module:

Please note: Direct Payment is not a stand-alone product - you are required to enable and use Express Checkout together with Direct Payment.

A similar note should be shown on the DP configuration page if EC is disabled however none is shown - I'm looking into this. A note is shown on the legacy Modules -> Payment Modules -> PayPal DP page, however it should also be shown on the App module configuration page.

With both modules enabled and correctly set up as in #1, a customer selects Express Checkout and tries to pay with their Paypal account. If Paypal declines the payment, the customer is dropped back on the Checkout Confirmation page with no easy way to select another payment method. This case should probably return the customer to the Checkout Payment page or the Shopping Cart page (with the error message so they know why).

How are you getting PayPal to decline the EC payment? Cancelling the payment during EC should return the customer back to their shopping cart page.

Testing specific error cases can be performed by enabling Negative Testing on your sandbox seller account. This can be enabled at the PayPal Developer site, select Profile on your sandbox seller account, and Negative Testing can be found in the Settings tab.

In your store installation, select a test product and change the price to one of the following error codes:

https://developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/api/errors/express-checkout/

eg, error code 10485 has a product price of 104.85, error code 10486 has a product price of 104.86. This needs to be the total price so disable extra tax and shipping costs.

All error codes I have tested return the customer back to the shopping cart page. If error 10486 is tested, the customer is redirected back to PayPal so they can select another funding source.

@@Harald Ponce de Leon  Thanks for the quick response. I thought that the requirement to run Express Checkout with the other modules had been removed since there was no warning message. This is bad since it makes it impossible to disable the module that is causing problems while debugging the problem.

The error in checkout is being forund by customers on a live store. Some of them are nice enough (or mad enough) to report the error. All have stated that it is impossible to change the payment method after Paypal declines the payment. I'll try the Sandbox trick you posted to see if that lets me duplicate the problem. I was not aware of that option.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

WTF is going on.... the PayPal AP is not working, not logging, nothing.... not even pulling a balance... is it PayPal or the AP developer?.... I'm losing orders in droves. Express goes to page not found, standard freezes on process...  I'm on  5.010... and also noted the update button is gone this morning....

-Dave

@@Roaddoctor Try changing the SSL Version parameter in the PayPal App General settings page.

https://library.oscommerce.com/Package&en&paypal&oscom23&ssl_version

This parameter and the Test Connection button was added in v5.010.

If the connection fails for both Default and TLV v1.2 settings, try disabling the Verify SSL parameter. If connections work with Verify SSL disabled but fail when it is enabled, you'll need to update your server environment to be able to verify SSL certificates correctly.

it was working just fine on default since the 5.010 update. Then it seems all logging and orders ceased sometime yesterday afternoon. the server is very modern  php5.6 tls 1.2 etc,,,

Using the test tool I get "A general error occurred. Please try again." with both settings

-Dave

@@Harald Ponce de Leon

Harald, I'm sorry - I have no idea why, but I rebooted the server and all is well... hrmmmmmmmmmmmmm  how frustrating. Thank you for the quick reply!!

David

on True/Default

cURL Version: 7.29.0
cURL SSL Version: NSS/3.21 Basic ECC

Default Setting: Success
TLS v1.2: Success

Edited by Roaddoctor

-Dave

@@Roaddoctor Can you check and confirm on the osCommerce Administration Tool -> Tools -> Server Info page that the curl extension is enabled in your PHP installation? Searching for "curl" on the page will bring you to the curl extension information and even show you the SSL Version it is compiled with.